Discovery Gaming Community
Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event (/showthread.php?tid=148652)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Dave Synk - 03-12-2017

Nobody answered officially. Will this go, even with the other side being not present, and spazzy also specified there is no RP consequence from it ? Because if it will go and they will just nemp the BS out.. and consider it some legit RP event or whatever they would think. It's utter bullscheise.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - PRJKTLRD - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 01:54 PM)PRJKTLRD Wrote: Question about logic, if there should be any still. Don't take me wrong:

So if the event doesen't has any RP consequences and now doesen't have any RP meaning, and as it just then on the end happened to be casual pew pew/ trading event, what happens with Auxesia/HF discovering the Atum?

Will they completely forget their "discovery" and they will erase any documented RP material or the Atum will, be moved to new secret location?

Or none of mentioned?

I perhaps missed it, but did we get answer on this?

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Vendetta - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 02:19 PM)Durandal Wrote: Clearly there was a very large amount of miscommunication here. The Hellfire Legion has no intentions of starting a war with the Order. Our role in this event was to be policing the system, locking it down from outsiders such as the Gaians, Lane Hackers, CR, or anyone else who would poke their heads in while the Order and Auxesia duked it out.

Our only role in this was supplying the NEMP bomb to Auxesia in secret. I consider it a failure on the part of Auxesia to have not made it clear to both the community and the administration team that the Legion will not be engaging the Order. Mistakes happen, and I'm not angry, but that does need to be made abundantly clear if the event is to proceed.

Nota bene: We do consider Kansas and Vespucci our territory, and any Order vessels, indie or otherwise, will be shot if they decide to drive through there. I strongly suggest staging from Cortez if you'd like to avoid a war as much as we do.

It was made clear. Very clear, and I had hoped people would've recognized that when the HF was not actively policing Order traffic in Inverness or stopping smugglers. I even noted in the original request that the HF wouldn't be engaging The Order.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Sombs - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 02:28 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 02:10 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: knowing that Order| and GG| and their indies are very rarely logging and even more rare operating in Inverness.

What's the point in having Atum around in Inverness then, if Order rarely plays there?

[Image: 5QX9WQR.png]

The thing about bases is that they are staging points. They give people the opportunity to log from there and to have their own factions lore/RP about it. Yes, Order could do more about it. But by that logic, we wouldn't see any bases in Kusari, Rheinland, the Sigmas, only a few bases in the Taus and only a very few bases in the Omegas. And, as Chrono mentioned, Gallia.

It's better to have rather more opportunities than having less. Variety is the good thing about Discovery.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Durandal - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 02:36 PM)Vendetta Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 02:19 PM)Durandal Wrote: Clearly there was a very large amount of miscommunication here. The Hellfire Legion has no intentions of starting a war with the Order. Our role in this event was to be policing the system, locking it down from outsiders such as the Gaians, Lane Hackers, CR, or anyone else who would poke their heads in while the Order and Auxesia duked it out.

Our only role in this was supplying the NEMP bomb to Auxesia in secret. I consider it a failure on the part of Auxesia to have not made it clear to both the community and the administration team that the Legion will not be engaging the Order. Mistakes happen, and I'm not angry, but that does need to be made abundantly clear if the event is to proceed.

Nota bene: We do consider Kansas and Vespucci our territory, and any Order vessels, indie or otherwise, will be shot if they decide to drive through there. I strongly suggest staging from Cortez if you'd like to avoid a war as much as we do.

It was made clear. Very clear, and I had hoped people would've recognized that when the HF was not actively policing Order traffic in Inverness or stopping smugglers. I even noted in the original request that the HF wouldn't be engaging The Order.

It was not stated anywhere in the official event announcement post. In fact, the opposite is true. You cannot fault anyone for being confused.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Jeremy Hunter - 03-12-2017

I love being lied to.

Quite the interesting rumor I apparently heard. But whatever. I'll be talking to Michal when I eventually get home.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - sindroms - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 01:00 PM)sindroms Wrote: I am currently getting two contradicting points from both sides. Quite frankly, I have better things to do than to drag you into the Green Room again.
I am giving you a hour to figure out whether or not you want this event to happen and if not, I am implementing the next one.

A hour has passed.
I want to know right now whether or not the leaders involved have gone over the situation and reached a conclusion on how to proceed with this event, or have they wasted this time allowing their 2ICs and members to sling snarky comments around in this thread. Leaving the event to burn out on its own, it seems, is not an option.

It is time to choose.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Durandal - 03-12-2017

I'm not leading the [HF] right now, but as the guy who was when the event was being set up both in and out of roleplay, I would like to see it go forward. I shot Golanski a message on Skype with the post I made outlining that we'd not be shooting the Order, but I haven't received any response.

If you absolutely need an official 1ic statement, that'll have to come from @Gagadug. who I'm 99.9% sure will echo my sentiments,

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - SeaFalcon - 03-12-2017

This place is depressing.

Just move the ship to another system of the orders choosing that is not Inverness and stop crying when a hostile faction attacks an enemy.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Apollon - 03-12-2017

Just wanted to point out that Task Force Providence will be attending the event in case it doesn't get cancelled. However, I would like to know more about the aftermath of the event, where would Atum moved and more details about it. And if Order| do not wish to be part of it, we will hold and take responsibility of the RP regarding it. That said, I highly encourage other Order groups and indies to help us during the event.