Discovery Gaming Community
The Freelancer Account Manager - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Freelancer Account Manager (/showthread.php?tid=918)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

The Freelancer Account Manager - Nightfall - 11-20-2006

Maybe this works better, a different concept:

[Image: fammy9-N.jpg]

If you like the disabled state (it just came to me, so I just made it), I'll make those for all and send...

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 11-20-2006

Hey. Very nice. :yahoo:
I like the idea of the disabled state.
The toolbar icons can be in three states: Enabled, Disabled and mouse over. For mouse over i usually use the enabled icon but displaced a few pixels in diagonal, so it looks as if it moves when the mouse is over the button.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Qunitinius~Verginix - 11-21-2006

What is the aproxximate date this will be out Korrd?

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 11-21-2006

Release time is now :yahoo:

The new version has now been released. The freelancer account manager 1.0 Beta 2.

New on the FAM:

-- Redesigned GUI. It now has a graphic toolbar with cool icons.

-- Comments. It is now possible to add comments to an account.

-- A lot of new safety features. You will now notice that the program asks a few more questions while exporting, adding and deleting. You can no longer overwrite an account on the registry by accident as the program will ask you if you try to activate an account while the active one is not in the database.

-- A readme file which contains an intro to the program.

-- It is now possible to export a single account from the database. (the selected account to be precise).

-- It is now possible to add an account by entering the data manually.

I think that's all...

The database format has changed. So the program will detect the old database and convert it automatically. Same with old ADF files. The old ADF's are compatible with the new ones. Still, it's recommended to export the accounts with the new format as the old ones don't support commentaries.

Remember, this is a beta release. Bug reports will be appreciated. And don't forget to back up the database on first run.

Link to download page: http://lordkorrd.googlepages.com/fam

Thanks to Nightfall, for making the cool icons used in the FAM.
And to every one who helped in the development of the program by submitting critics, comments, suggestions and bugs.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Fellow Hoodlum - 11-21-2006

Damn Korrd, looking good so far. Another improvement to an already invaluable tool
for playing Freelancer multiplayer. Fine piece of work again, and Night for the artwork.
Thanks guys ...

Hoodlum :cool:

The Freelancer Account Manager - DarkOddity - 11-21-2006

Great work!

However I have an unfortunate bug report..

After editing a couple Account ID's the program refuses to let me click "Edit Comments" This mainly happens after renaming an account.

If it matters, I have 12 Unused ID's with no comments and 5 used ID's with comments.

Update on bug:

It refuses to let me edit comments after "renaming" any specific account untill I restart the program.

[Image: fambe3.gif]

The Freelancer Account Manager - Koolmo - 11-22-2006

This is great BTW, But i havent encountered DO's bug, It let me edit the comments directly after i renamed all my accounts. However, I have 3 'in use' accounts and 1 unused, I don't know if that would affect it.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 11-22-2006

Thanks. :)

The program has changed quite a lot since last release. The idea is to add more useful features with each version, not just correct bugs.

For next version, I have in mind (That would be version 2 due to big changes) to add a server query and a server list. The query will retrieve from a given server(s) char names, ships, config, credits, cargo, etc. That way you don't have to keep track of the changes you do to the ships. Still, I don't have idea of how to do that yet.

DO: The bug is not a bug, but a limitation.
After a name change you have to hit "save changes".
I added that button because the changes cannot be saved on the "afterlabeledit" event.
That is because the control updates *after* the event is complete. Hence, if I call the "savechanges" sub from inside the "afterlabeledit" event, the list will be saved, but *before* the changes takes place. That is, the list as it was before the edit took place will be saved, not the edited one. It sucks...

I've changed that in the current source by removing the button and adding a timer that will save changes 0.2 seconds after the "labeledit" is complete (That is to give time to the event to complete in (very) old machines). It's a rough solution (it still sucks), but is the only way I know to circumvent the problem.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Koolmo - 11-22-2006

that would be awsome, even if you could just get it to give you the basic stuff the server lists, like name, level, creds, location, and ship. It would make it alot easier for police, and for people who want to suprise someone. Also, it would let you check your funds without going into the game

The Freelancer Account Manager - DarkOddity - 11-22-2006

Ok cool, I never even noticed the "save changes" button lol... *slaps himself*

Well great work Korrd and I definitely look forward to the next version! Especially if it's going to include the fore mentioned items.