Discovery Gaming Community
Where to Pirate..? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Where to Pirate..? (/showthread.php?tid=103307)

Pages: 1 2

Where to Pirate..? - PeterFreelancer - 08-14-2013

This server needs more pirating, because I played many hours of trading this week, and only got pirated once... I might want to start a pirate of my own... But what are the best spots to pirate except the system Shikoku..???

Greetings,

Peter

RE: Where to Pirate..? - Lythrilux - 08-14-2013

Except Shikou? Peter, man, you're not making sense Tongue
What ID do you have\?

RE: Where to Pirate..? - Anaximander - 08-14-2013

Hey Pete, usually the classic tradelane stretch in Cali close to the NY jumpgate pays off, either in terms of credits or PvP. A lot of traffic is routed through that single lane, but beware Liberty is full of so-called "lolwuts", pirates and lawfuls alike. You might get epic pews or you might get epically ganked. Other than that, you can study the Mining Guide and look at the player list for players in those systems with miner-like names; and go check it out.

If you are into cargo piracy, you'd want to target miners and sell off their highly valuable ores at PoB's (I know there was a hessian PoB buying Ore, and I think the Junker one in Humboldt did too).

Also from experience, some of the fringe systems are slowly getting populated - systems such as Okinawa have a fair amount of regular traders, jump traders and gas miners ripe for picking.

Hope you find some juicy targets and rob them blind.

RE: Where to Pirate..? - PeterFreelancer - 08-14-2013

(08-14-2013, 12:51 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Except Shikou? Peter, man, you're not making sense Tongue
What ID do you have\?

I assume I get a Freelancer with Pirate ID I guess...

(08-14-2013, 12:58 PM)Anaximander Wrote: Hey Pete, usually the classic tradelane stretch in Cali close to the NY jumpgate pays off, either in terms of credits or PvP. A lot of traffic is routed through that single lane, but beware Liberty is full of so-called "lolwuts", pirates and lawfuls alike. You might get epic pews or you might get epically ganked. Other than that, you can study the Mining Guide and look at the player list for players in those systems with miner-like names; and go check it out.

If you are into cargo piracy, you'd want to target miners and sell off their highly valuable ores at PoB's (I know there was a hessian PoB buying Ore, and I think the Junker one in Humboldt did too).

Also from experience, some of the fringe systems are slowly getting populated - systems such as Okinawa have a fair amount of regular traders, jump traders and gas miners ripe for picking.

Hope you find some juicy targets and rob them blind.

Thanks for the reply, it is helpful... I'm now looking for a good IFF and ID to pirate with, I don't like Freelancer with Pirate ID... I want to do Farmers Alliance / Gaians or LWB

RE: Where to Pirate..? - Lythrilux - 08-14-2013

Ah, so that's your setup.
I suggest targetting mining fields, you can pirate quite a profit.
Each transport can be pirated for 15-20 million.
If you pirate whole convoys, ask for like, 45 million.
Miners can be pirated for 5-10 milliom.
This is just my suggestion, you can actually pirate for any value of money you want.

So yeah, check places like the Pennsylvania silver field, or the silver field in Humboldt.

(08-14-2013, 01:03 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Ah, so that's your setup.
I suggest targetting mining fields, you can pirate quite a profit.
Each transport can be pirated for 15-20 million.
If you pirate whole convoys, ask for like, 45 million.
Miners can be pirated for 5-10 milliom.
This is just my suggestion, you can actually pirate for any value of money you want.

So yeah, check places like the Pennsylvania silver field, or the silver field in Humboldt.

I don't want to pirate alone, I want to have some nice people who can RP and PvP to play with. Gaians / Farmers Alliance / LWB I like...

RE: Where to Pirate..? - Anaximander - 08-14-2013

That's cool, although you are going to have to work a little for it. FA, Gaians and LWB are all fairly limited in terms of ZOI (compared to indie Pirates or Outcasts/Corsairs), so you will find less traders within your Zone - you'll need some patience, and beware that only in the rarest of occasions are encounters rewarding in terms of RP for the pirate (i.e. don't be afraid to squeeze the trigger if the trader/miner is silent or just throwing insults; a blue message is the most you'll salvage from those kinds of encounters).

RE: Where to Pirate..? - sindroms - 08-14-2013

(08-14-2013, 12:49 PM)PeterFreelancer Wrote: This server needs more pirating

[Image: OHALB4y.jpg]

(08-14-2013, 01:07 PM)Anaximander Wrote: That's cool, although you are going to have to work a little for it. FA, Gaians and LWB are all fairly limited in terms of ZOI (compared to indie Pirates or Outcasts/Corsairs), so you will find less traders within your Zone - you'll need some patience, and beware that only in the rarest of occasions are encounters rewarding in terms of RP for the pirate (i.e. don't be afraid to squeeze the trigger if the trader/miner is silent or just throwing insults; a blue message is the most you'll salvage from those kinds of encounters).

Do you know where I can find a list of the so called ''ZOI" (zone of influence)?
Where can Gaians go, where can LWB go, where can Farmers Alliance go?
And what if I don't stay in my ''ZOI'' ?? I see Gallic Junkers all over sirius..