Discovery Gaming Community
Natio Octavarium - Open NO- Tag Registration and Base Licensing - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Natio Octavarium - Open NO- Tag Registration and Base Licensing (/showthread.php?tid=103338)

Pages: 1 2 3

Natio Octavarium - Open NO- Tag Registration and Base Licensing - Natio Octavarium - 08-15-2013

This channel is outdated and has further usage has been declared closed by the current Octavarium Cabinet.

[Image: Natio-Octavarium-256-Dark.png]
Natio Octavarium
Ministry of Services Channel for
Tag Registration, Modular Station, and Equipment Licensing

I - Purpose of this Channel -----

This communications channel is maintained by Natio Octavarium for the purposes of NO- civilian communications tag registration, the licensing of the construction of modular stations (also known as core bases) in Natio Octavarium space, and the licensing of Natio Octavarium-produced equipment. It is open to anyone who wishes to register or apply for a license using the templates as described in the following sections.

II - NO- Tag Registration -----

Natio Octavarium maintains an open communications tag, designated NO-, for those wishing to declare their citizenship. There is no fee to apply or approval needed to use the communications tag -- simply send a message to this channel using the following template and the Ministry of Services will add you to the list of registered citizens.

Code:
[color=#40FFFF][b]Name:[/b][/color]
[color=#40FFFF][b]Ship name(s), with NO- tag:[/b][/color]
[color=#40FFFF][b]Ship class(es):[/b][/color]
[color=#40FFFF][b]SKYP-3 Handle:[/b][/color]

III - Modular Station Licensing -----

Natio Octavarium has claimed the systems of New Caledonia and Victoria, or Kansas and Humboldt. Those seeking permission to build a station must get permission from the Natio Octavarium Ministry of Services. Upon completion of the attached form, specific terms will be negotiated, but the following two terms are non-negotiable.

III-2 - Locations -----

The Squamish, or Tuttle Creek Nebula is off-limits for construction by order of the Octavarium Intelligence Commission.

Orbit of New Westminster, or Wichita, is reserved for official Natio construction.

Other locations are, at this time, unrestricted.

III-3 - Docking Rights -----

At the minimum, all Vagrant Raiders (VR-) personnel must have docking rights.

It is preferable that all citizens of Natio Octavarium are also granted docking permissions, noted by the following tags:
NO-
ADS-

Code:
[color=#40FFFF][b]Station Name:[/b][/color]
[color=#40FFFF][b]Organization Name:[/b][/color]
[color=#40FFFF][b]Affiliation:[/b][/color]
[color=#40FFFF][b]Purpose:[/b][/color]
[color=#40FFFF][b]Requested Core Size Clearance:[/b][/color]
[color=#40FFFF][b]Desired Location:[/b][/color]

RE: Natio Octavarium - Open NO- Tag Registration - Ryus - 08-15-2013

Incoming Transmission
Signal Strength: 95%
Source Identity: Ryus Kinjo
Source Location: Kansas - Planet Witchita high orbit - Juggernaut Arctus
Video Feed Disabled
- Begin Transmission -

Firstly, Greetings to whomever this reaches in the registration offices.

As per my converstion with Harold Kane of the Vagrant Raiders, my family is ready to join the Natio Octavarium. After having fled the Omicrons in the light of two wars involving other Zoners, constant harassment by Corsairs, and regular Nomad incursions into what was once safer zones, we are more than ready to settle into a quieter home away from the entire mess. We are registering our homeship, the Arctus, our supply ship, and two snubcraft. The details for the ships are as follows.

Name: Ryus
Ship name(s), with NO- tag: NO-Ryus.Kinjo, NO-Bombardier, NO-Juggernaut_Arctus, NO-Arctus_Supply_Vessel
Ship class(es): Osprey, Nanda Devi, Nephilim Zoner Dreadnought, Zoner Whale

Thank you for your time and your hospitality.

-Tranmission Ended-

RE: Natio Octavarium - Open NO- Tag Registration - Thexare - 08-15-2013

=== Incoming Transmission ===
== Encryption: Eh, why bother?==
= ID: Amber Brown =

There once was a captain named Ryus
Who thought that he could slip by us
A Zoner Nephilim
Crew roughly half million
But really, he shouldn't have tried us.

We've got a minor issue with the Arctus. Now, I may have exaggerated the crew count, but that's still a lot of people, and they were likely dedicated Zoners.

Which means that in addition to filling out a veritable mountain of paperwork, I'm going to need to know why all of you are seeking citizenship in Natio Octavarium. It just doesn't mesh with what I know of Zoners.

=== Transmission Ended ===
== Trace Failed ==

RE: Natio Octavarium - Open NO- Tag Registration - Ryus - 08-15-2013

Incoming Transmission
Signal Strength: 95%
Source Location: Kansas - Planet Witchita high orbit - Juggernaut Arctus
Video Feed Disabled
- Begin Transmission -

Greetings, Ms. Brown

Your amusing limerick aside, have you ever lived in the edge worlds? Once they were lonely, and though wild, if you could deal with the Corsairs they could even be safe.... At least safe enough for one man. A lot changed when I came into the captains chair of this Nephalim, and when I started a family. If it were just myself I may have tried to keep out there, but with the so called Alliance acting more and more unstable, the Corsairs becoming bolder and angrier, the SCRA and the mess on Gran Carania.... Well, for the sake of my family and friends on this ship I started looking elsewhere. None of the Zoner owned installations in the border worlds or the Taus can really support us other than what is held by the TAZ. Although they are good people, and we stayed there for awhile, we just don't fit in with the whole... Eris thing.

While we were in Baffin however, we heard of the Natio Octavarium. I flew out to meet Mr. Kane in Kansas, and he welcomed us. A home, built by people who want to help each other, away from the problems that plague the other houses, and now the edge worlds? Nothing fits our philosophy of what a Zoner is better than that.

I hope this provides you with a better explanation. If there is anything else you need from me you can find me here near Wichita.

-Transmission Ended-

RE: Natio Octavarium - Open NO- Tag Registration - Natio Octavarium - 08-17-2013

== Encryption: Not really ==

[Image: Kane-NO.png]

I apologize for the delay. This only just crossed my desk.

Your registration has been noted. The Arctus we would prefer to not have the tag at present due to restrictions in our neighbours' laws regarding foreign warships and, well, we don't want any issues regarding them and a battleship openly flying Natio Octavarium colours. The rest of your ships are good to go. If you've already recalibrated your transponders to broadcast the tag, don't worry about it.

The meritocracy will continue to deliberate the issue at hand with regards to the Arctus and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Harold A. Kane
Taskmaster, Vagrant Raiders
Minister of Relations, Natio Octavarium

== Trace Failed ==

RE: Natio Octavarium - Open NO- Tag Registration - Ryus - 08-17-2013

Incoming Transmission
Signal Strength: 88%
Source Location: Magellan - Freeport 4
VIdeo Feed Disabled
- Begin Transmission -

Mr. Kane.

Thank you for your response. I do understand the trepidation, the Arctus is a very large ship, and I do understand that it's size and defenses necessitate it's classification as a battleship. I would like to note that the Arctus has never fired upon a human vessel (nomads are a different matter) and only would in dire circumstances of self defense. This would not change with it's allowance to fly NO- colors, but we would, of course, extend that defense to Natio and Raider vessels. The vessel would be of no threat to any Liberty or Bretonian entity that you currently are building relations with. If we need to plead the case before them as well, we shall.

As the meritocracy considers the Arctus, I would like to formally request that we be allowed to keep our home in Natio space. As for our smaller vessels, I will have them begin to broadcast NO- tag IDs.

Thank you once again.

-Transmission Ended-

RE: Natio Octavarium - Open NO- Tag Registration - Natio Octavarium - 08-19-2013

== Encryption: Not really ==

[Image: Kane-NO.png]

Mr. Ryus,

Your request to keep the Arctus in Natio Octavarium space in the meantime to service your family has been granted. We will get back to you as soon as possible once we have reached our final decision.

Sincerely,

Harold A. Kane
Taskmaster, Vagrant Raiders
Minister of Relations, Natio Octavarium

== Trace Failed ==

RE: Natio Octavarium - Open NO- Tag Registration - Natio Octavarium - 08-25-2013

[Image: Natio-Octavarium-160-Dark.png]
The process for registering one or more ships with the NO- communications tag has been updated slightly to include a section on the form for each ship's ID papers and transponder IFF. The process is otherwise the same.

Evelyn Rey
Minister of Services, Natio Octavarium

RE: Natio Octavarium - Open NO- Tag Registration - crosslol - 08-30-2013

§Incoming Transmission§
§Signal Power: 55%§
§Source Location: Humbodlt Asteroid Field§

*Shout*¿it is broadcasting this thing?, ehm i think so...

Greetings, Im Crozz.

Im actually a young miner working for DSE born on Freeport 4, I used to do odd jobs in Freeport 4 repair among other things, at least until you inherit my father's ship in some ways is a piece of junk but it means a lot to me, well what is going to work for DSE eventhough it I earn good money my work becomes meaningless, as a kid I always listened to strangers in Freeport talking about adventures and explorations in remote systems and always dreamed to learn what existed beyond Magellan, but got a boring job as a miner, had the chance to see the space from the small cabin on my ship in the asteroid field in Humboldt a very lonely place ... until one day everything changed and I met a traveler named "Erasmas" and told me about an "initiative" called Natio Octavarium, intrigued me to hear all about it, until I understood ... my father used to say "A life without purpose is no life"I know that I am a simple Miner, but I hope you and your cause can give a purpose to my life.

Crozz Out

End of transmission.

Name: Crozz
Ship name(s), with NO- tag: NO-Crozz
Ship class(es):Transport 568-ARKG-B6 "Behemoth" Rheinland
Ship ID(s)/IFF(s)[/align]DSE/IFF(Almost Full with the IMG)

RE: Natio Octavarium - Open NO- Tag Registration - Natio Octavarium - 08-30-2013

[Image: Natio-Octavarium-160-Dark.png]
Mr. Crozz,

Is that your first or last name?

Either way, welcome to the Natio. Your communications tag registration has been entered in our database. Fly safe and fly proudly, citizen.

Evelyn Rey
Minister of Services, Natio Octavarium