Discovery Gaming Community
Windowed mode help needed. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Windowed mode help needed. (/showthread.php?tid=103349)

Windowed mode help needed. - Govedo13 - 08-15-2013

So please share your tricks, how you play in windowed mode?
What launcher, -exe addons you use?

What I want to achieve is to have working windowed mode on smaller res then the standard 1920 × 1080 but when I need to go into full screen to swap it to that.
I use the Discovery launchpad- it works great the window does not freeze etc however if I set smaller window resolution when I cannot go to full screen using alt and enter. Also I cannot keep the window unfrozen all the times.
Is there a option to run in smaller window with kinda zoom in camera because even if the window is small the high res is in it so I cannot see much.

How you trade and do stuff when you are not in full screen and what tools/resolutions do you use?

RE: Windowed mode help needed. - glassofwater - 08-15-2013

Is Freelancer even capable of that? If you find out, please post results. I'm curious too.

RE: Windowed mode help needed. - Govedo13 - 08-15-2013

Well I guess it should be since the tools are there. How is another question.
I also experience problems like freezing and failureto go into full screen I guess it is my nod32 that blocks it anyone with similar problems/antivirus?

RE: Windowed mode help needed. - glassofwater - 08-15-2013

Why would your anti virus block a program from going full screen? Why not add it to some exception list? Try disabling the protection from your Nod for just a little bit or something, see if you can go fullscreen. Troubleshoot!

Done both actually, still dunno but when I run it on 1920x1080 and start it with windowed mode that takes the whole monitor the alt enter shift works.
When I go with something smaller it does not work or works sometimes. Strange thing.

Edit:
It is the launchpad- it works with the shortcut command line options. As it seems it is not possible to have separate control of the resolution and of the windows size.

RE: Windowed mode help needed. - Tyler - 08-15-2013

I use 2 screens, my main (1920x1080) runs FL when I'm trading in windowed mode using Discovery Launchpad. When I encounter someone I do alt+enter to turn it into fullscreen to prevent my mouse going off the screen and have better visibility (light).

Occasionally if I'm multitasking (think PS, browsing, Skype, gaming, apps, etc etc) I lower the resolution in the Launchpad controls, during an encounter I'll still alt+enter but it'll just look jaggy and not right, but still works fine.

I figured out in order not to look that bad to use separate window with shortcut with 854x480 res. It is strange why I cannot use it with the launchpad without glitches.
When I start the launchpad with 854x480 res alt and enter does not work, also I got the window freezing when I go out of it, oddly when I use 1920x1080 and start windowed in launchpad it works.
Also as it seems it is not possible to have into the 854x480 box size with the game inside in high res.

Anyone else using something else or offering other kind of solutions?