Discovery Gaming Community
The Adventures of Saronsen and the Friendly Neighbourhood Raiders - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: The Adventures of Saronsen and the Friendly Neighbourhood Raiders (/showthread.php?tid=104068)

Pages: 1 2

The Adventures of Saronsen and the Friendly Neighbourhood Raiders - tothebonezone - 08-30-2013

Vagrant Raiders, huh?

He raises his brows slightly, peering at the woman he's following. He heard about them before. Sure, a lot of people have. But all of the sudden they're forming their own little nation, right in Kansas and nearby systems?

Something seems awfully familiar about this... Neo-whowhatsit..

RE: The Adventures of Saronsen and the Friendly Neighbourhood Raiders - Kazinsal - 08-30-2013

Florence wanders down the hallway, throwing hellos at passing people, from Raiders to Octavarium citizens and random people from random corners of Sirius. She looks at the man following her, and coughs.

"I, uh, forgot to tell you something important."

She presses a button next to a door, revealing an airlock with a high-speed shuttle attached to the other side of it.

"My office is on the Metropolis two systems over. After you."

RE: The Adventures of Saronsen and the Friendly Neighbourhood Raiders - tothebonezone - 08-30-2013

Saronsen grins briefly, stepping into the airlock. "Well, if you had mentioned it to me sooner, I would've suggested a slower trip on a flying space resort. But next time maybe, yeah?" He chuckles.

Well, at least he gets to be flown around this time. That's a change.

RE: The Adventures of Saronsen and the Friendly Neighbourhood Raiders - Kazinsal - 08-30-2013

Florence sits down in the pilots seat of the Anki and detaches the ship from the side of Seasons Base.

"You're going to want to sit down for this."

The lights dim and drop out entirely.

"Engaging prototype miniaturized jump drive."

A massive flash of light builds up and engulfs the Anki from behind, tossing it several dozen lightyears away to the Baffin system. Several tonnes of MOX drained in an instant.

And in front of the Anki was the battered yet glorious VCS Metropolis, moored at far wing of Shasta Orbital Skyhook, being slowly rebuilt by dozens of busy workers.

RE: The Adventures of Saronsen and the Friendly Neighbourhood Raiders - tothebonezone - 08-30-2013

"Sit down for what now--" He finds out quickly as the ship lurches when it jumps, falling into a seat. He groans slightly, sitting upright once the jump ends. "Holy hell, how did you get a jump drive on an Anki?" He scratches at his head, before brushing his jacket off lightly.

"It's pretty bloody impressive."

Florence laughs. "Thanks. One of the little somethings I've been working on. Figures that I have the time and resources for that but not to crack some encrypted files..."

She flies the Anki towards the hulk of a starship and positions it for docking in one of the long extended bays along the side of the rear end.

"This is one of my projects. One of my favourites. Welcome to the VCS Metropolis, Saronsen. Home of the Vagrant Raiders. Spyglass II-class electromagnetic pulse warfare platform battleship. 1500 metres long, roughly. One of the most powerful communications and scanning arrays in Sirius."

She turns around to face him.

"I'm sure you're going to enjoy being here, Saronsen. Welcome to the Vagrant Raiders."

Saronsen nods his head, his brows raising slightly. "That's actually pretty awesome. I had no idea you had such a great mind on you." He smirks at her. "I think miniaturizing a jump-drive is far more productive than cracking code." He chuckles quietly, peering up at the Metropolis. "Looks like she needs a bit more love and care before she gets going again."

He glances back at her, offering a brief smile. "You mean I'm not already?" He grins. "Thanks for the warm welcome, though."

RE: The Adventures of Saronsen and the Friendly Neighbourhood Raiders - Kazinsal - 08-31-2013

She blushes. "I'm not that great of an engineer. I'm just the only really good one Taskmaster Kane could find."

Standing up, she hits the button to open the airlock door. The port docking bay of the Metropolis is brightly lit, with several Bayonets and other Borderworlds snubcraft littered around it, some being repaired and refueled, some ready for a target to launch against.

She steps out of the craft. "Welcome aboard. Let's get to my office so I can show you what I'm working on."

RE: The Adventures of Saronsen and the Friendly Neighbourhood Raiders - tothebonezone - 08-31-2013

He narrows his eyes, the Metropolis considerably brighter than the Anki. Saronsen glances around, nodding slightly. "Haven't seen those ships up close for a while..." He peers back at her, eyebrows raised. "Sure, lead the way." He follows behind her, once more brushing his hands on his pants.

"I'm being honest though, that's some serious know-how to get something like that running." He chuckles a bit. "You probably prefer working on something mechanical over a computer though, huh?"

RE: The Adventures of Saronsen and the Friendly Neighbourhood Raiders - Kazinsal - 08-31-2013

She leads him down a fairly well-maintained hallway. "This is really my forté. I prefer spending my time down in the engineering section or coordinating repairs."

She stops, turns to her right, and punches in a code on a lock. The door slides open, revealing a slightly cluttered office with a few screens and dozens of engine components. A white "I <3 VR" T-shirt is laid on the desk, neatly folded in a square.

"Sorry about the mess."