Discovery Gaming Community
Gateway Shipping - Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Gateway Shipping - Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=105995)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Gateway Shipping - Feedback - Highland Laddie - 10-22-2013

Quote:Gateway is endangering the lives of Bretonian pilots by supplying them with substandard munitions, all with the purpose of making some corporate CEO's a few extra bucks. It's a scandal no matter how you look at it, one that could even be really interesting and spur some good RP, but please please don't try to make Black Market Munitions into a White Market commodity and reduce reality in this extreme way by saying "Bretonia needs supplies, so any supplies will do". It's just plain dumb, sorry for saying it as it is.

Excellent point, and I agree. Remember that Gateway does have a more "shady" history than other corporations, so...the idea of endangering a few Bretonians for corporate interest isn't necessarily new to them. I'd suggest letting the RP play itself out and leave the commodities as they are for now.

Also...shame on the Gateway pilot for getting caught. Sucker. Wink

RE: Gateway Shipping - Feedback - Black Widow - 10-22-2013

(10-22-2013, 03:27 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote:
Quote:Gateway is endangering the lives of Bretonian pilots by supplying them with substandard munitions, all with the purpose of making some corporate CEO's a few extra bucks. It's a scandal no matter how you look at it, one that could even be really interesting and spur some good RP, but please please don't try to make Black Market Munitions into a White Market commodity and reduce reality in this extreme way by saying "Bretonia needs supplies, so any supplies will do". It's just plain dumb, sorry for saying it as it is.

Excellent point, and I agree. Remember that Gateway does have a more "shady" history than other corporations, so...the idea of endangering a few Bretonians for corporate interest isn't necessarily new to them. I'd suggest letting the RP play itself out and leave the commodities as they are for now.

Also...shame on the Gateway pilot for getting caught. Sucker. Wink

8|

RE: Gateway Shipping - Feedback - mike buster - 10-22-2013

Quote:Also...shame on the Gateway pilot for getting caught. Sucker. Wink

Yes Disgrace to be Gateway. Wink That not able to do things invisible.

RE: Gateway Shipping - Feedback - SummerMcLovin - 10-22-2013

My god, Thyr'zul just agreed with someone...

I'd also agree with Anaximander here, and that is roughly the position of Bretonia on the matter - we need to maintain some standard of quality, and it's not as if Liberty is extorting us in helping the war they can't afford for us to lose. If Gateway (inRP and ooRP) is simply looking for the most profit, that tends to lean towards powertrading Tongue
This is the big picture, what the Crown, Admiralty and Government are thinking of for the main fight going on in space in and around Bretonia. However, a freighter full of Munitions of any quality dropping down to the resistance forces on (well, under) the surface of Leeds will be welcomed by those desperate people fighting the hard fight.

RE: Gateway Shipping - Feedback - Anaximander - 10-26-2013

Guys you are ruining my Devil's Advocate routine : (((((

RE: Gateway Shipping - Feedback - SnakThree - 04-20-2014

Off lane trading is uncool Shy

- sad hacker

RE: Gateway Shipping - Feedback - Independent Miners Guild - 03-11-2015

The Guild HC decides to ignore Gateway|'s attempt to unilaterally redefine lore and discard an ancient, lore-defined IMG-Gateway alliance over a silly single incident.

We do not acknowledge this roleplay and will go on treating Gateway as one of our closest allies, in accordance with our factions' lore. In our understanding, the Tau screwup was one pilot, making the wrong decisions (even if it was the faction leader himself), and not anything close to an incident that would change diplomacy at any level.

The oorp component of the gesture has been understood and noted, though. Don't count on IMG legitimising your roleplay that runs contrary to what Gateway-IMG lore states by reacting to the provocation in any other way than this post.

~ IMG|

RE: Gateway Shipping - Feedback - Gateway Shipping Inc - 03-12-2015

(03-11-2015, 06:00 PM)Independent Miners Guild Wrote: The Guild HC decides to ignore Gateway|'s attempt to unilaterally redefine lore and discard an ancient, lore-defined IMG-Gateway alliance over a silly single incident.

We do not acknowledge this roleplay and will go on treating Gateway as one of our closest allies, in accordance with our factions' lore. In our understanding, the Tau screwup was one pilot, making the wrong decisions (even if it was the faction leader himself), and not anything close to an incident that would change diplomacy at any level.

The oorp component of the gesture has been understood and noted, though. Don't count on IMG legitimising your roleplay that runs contrary to what Gateway-IMG lore states by reacting to the provocation in any other way than this post.

~ IMG|

So... you don't like the consequences of YOUR inRP decision because it didn't turn out how you wanted it to, and so you've just decided to ignore it? Is that how it goes? "I don't like your RP, so I'll just ignore it."

As far as this goes, this is not us "redefining lore" any more than it is Gateway being able to take a little control over its own lore and future endeavors. Nobody has said that ties are "broken" or that Gateway's alliance with IMG is over, but you all in IMG have simply jumped to that conclusion simply because we are trying to reach out and not give IMG a monopoly on our business. That is simply good business on our part.

And please don't use lore as a crutch, when obviously the present situation demands that our relationship CANNOT be the same with you under occupation in the Taus. The "incident" in question DOES bring up a need to change this relationship.

If you wanted to keep this as a simple mistake and an ooRP matter, then you should not have made THIS inRP post essentially whining and complaining about it and using it to ridicule/shame the player in question, when you could have just as easily swept the situation under the rug (we notice there have been no GRN posts about the incident in question threatening your destruction) and given a kind suggestion to be more careful in the future. Instead, you chose to overreact and ban the ship. Well, actions have consequences.

If you don't like the consequences of your actions, then you can also do the RP work to try and mend them, instead of just blatantly ignoring it. But that's your call.

RE: Gateway Shipping - Feedback - Vito - 12-16-2015

Gateway|-GSV-Tartarus: No RP, shooting without a single word, re-engaging in his molly GB, again shooting with no words, and more

I didn't see him in your roster so you might want to check who is flying under your banner.

RE: Gateway Shipping - Feedback - Driculi - 12-16-2015

(12-16-2015, 08:50 PM)vVv Wrote: Gateway|-GSV-Tartarus: No RP, shooting without a single word, re-engaging in his molly GB, again shooting with no words, and more

I didn't see him in your roster so you might want to check who is flying under your banner.

I am not forced to Rp with pirates and i didnt shoot You with my transport , and with molly GB i just undocked i RP with You and You telled me to give You credits, what I was suppos to do? So dont lie , and more what is more?