Discovery Gaming Community
Public Newcomer Helper Log Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Public Newcomer Helper Log Thread (/showthread.php?tid=1068)

Angel Message Dump - Narcosys - 05-29-2008

' Wrote:From: The man who is in desperate need of a cleaning rag for his lens.

The audacity! The horror! The utter inhumanity of it all.

One of those blasted Outcasts today revealed how far they've drifted as a whole from the warm bosom of humanity by plugging my helpless Arrow, in a destroyer none the less!

We strive to make our humble council available to all regardless of stripe or creed in the hopes that that gesture will allow all parties to allow us our humble service without fear of being stomped on by passing destroyers.

I'll have a good word set on us by some voice of the Outcast, or I'll have us turning a blind eye to whatever plight they may set before us.

Fin.

Incoming Transmission

greetings Mr lens, i would like to apologize on behalf of myself and the crew for the incident in New York a couple of days ago, at the time i was unaware of the purpose of your faction, and due to the excessive comms flooding, i mistook a transmission from one of the lsf to be your own and percieved you to be a threat, for this i am sorry. I would appreciate any mercy shown from yourselves towards myself, as i know your faction to be more inherently good then us criminals.

Regretfully
Narcosys

End Transmission

Angel Message Dump - 13CentKiller - 06-29-2008

--Incoming Transmission--
Comm ID: Voyager||C3-001--
Subject: Registration.

Greetings Angles!

My line of droids and help desk staff have been operating in Sirius space for over a year and a half now.
many have been destroyed either on dangerous recon missions or by angry customers/consumers. I have bought many of my staff back into Liberty space. I would like the opportunity to have my personal vessel join your efforts in helping the new fliers, give them my valuable knowledge data and information packs to bump them on their way.

I believe I would make a significant difference to those that require help.

A chance is all that is needed. I await my answer.

-Signal Lost
-Message Saved

Angel Message Dump - Xoria - 07-13-2008

[Angels]Newark.Ltd and [Angels]Waterloo.Ltd are outfitted and ready to begin operations in Liberty and Bretonia.
Group with ships needing a IFF/Tag and ID, and run missions with them until they receive it.
[Angels]Bonn.Ltd and [Angels]Roppongi.Ltd will be set up in the days ahead, and an Angels bank for payouts will also be set up.
In the meantime, do your best with Newark and Waterloo.

Angel Message Dump - ledboy2000 - 07-16-2008

Today a great day for myself and Nathan! Nathan helped me gain my Rhineland Police tag and ID. He faught along side myself and OldCrow, a generous mercenary that decided to pitch in aswell. A special thanks to him also!

Thankyou to the Angles! I can now continue to work with the Rhinland Police and fight the war on piracy and crime!

Good flying.

Angel Message Dump - Joggin - 09-05-2008

Well It seems to me that there is a disconnect between new starters (and others who need advice) and the Angels.

When I first joined Disco, no-one mentioned the Angels to me, but I wish someone had, cos that would have avoided loads of hassle and frustration for me and provided better RP and relationships with the Community as a whole, I only found out about the Angels later.

My point is that the Angels seem to be a fine but underused resource, so a couple of ideas:-

1. Anyone joining the Game/Forums for the first time gets sent an advert for the Angels (someone do a design please!)
2. Why not invite other experienced "helpers" to lend a hand with advice throgh PM or in Char on line support. These people would not necessarily have an Angels TAG/ID etc. but would be on a list of Forum/Game users who could provide an advice pool to newcomers.

I always try to help inquisitive newcomers find a way and I know a lot of other players do too.

Just an Idea, let me know what you think?

Angel Message Dump - Daerune - 09-05-2008

' Wrote:Well It seems to me that there is a disconnect between new starters (and others who need advice) and the Angels.

When I first joined Disco, no-one mentioned the Angels to me, but I wish someone had, cos that would have avoided loads of hassle and frustration for me and provided better RP and relationships with the Community as a whole, I only found out about the Angels later.

My point is that the Angels seem to be a fine but underused resource, so a couple of ideas:-

1. Anyone joining the Game/Forums for the first time gets sent an advert for the Angels (someone do a design please!)
2. Why not invite other experienced "helpers" to lend a hand with advice throgh PM or in Char on line support. These people would not necessarily have an Angels TAG/ID etc. but would be on a list of Forum/Game users who could provide an advice pool to newcomers.

I always try to help inquisitive newcomers find a way and I know a lot of other players do too.

Just an Idea, let me know what you think?

i have to agree the first time i ever heard or saw an angel was when i was in a cruiser

i got talking to one of them and found out they help player could of use that

Thanks for reading
The Kiwi Fruit
Rouge

oh and ty for help people get [Image: readyfortakeofftn3.jpg]

i tryed to help new people in to trading

Angel Message Dump - pipboy - 10-22-2008

TO: The Angels

Greetings Angels,

We of the Black Dragon Society would like to request the services of The Angels to find new recruits willing to work for us. As you have many connections in areas outside of our influence you will be able to locate Kusari nationals living in other areas of Sirius that would like to return to assist in the protection of Kusari.

Please contact me with details on what you will charge per pilot, and if there would be any additional cost for basic flight training for those that need it.

Respectfully,
Hitomi Ryuu, Kumicho.

OORP: RP is more important that PvP, we are very willing to take on people new to FL and to RP and help them learn the ways of Discovery.

Angel Message Dump - Seth Karlo - 10-22-2008

I don't think we're alowed to recruit for people...

If anyone ask's me for a good faction to join, I will tell them that you are looking for people to join.

Seth

Angel Message Dump - Shyra - 10-22-2008

Are there specific requirements a person must meet to become an [Angel]? Would you considier taking on a (*ahem*) mature apprentice? In my years of experience, I have learned it never hurts to ask.

Angel Message Dump - Seth Karlo - 01-14-2009

Hello fellow angels.

My lovely white wings are big and fluffy as alway's. Girls love the hugs:)

Anyway, I've been sat outside Newark day after day now, and was wondering...whats the maximum amount of money we should give away? My money reserves keep dropping:(

However, who needs money eh? Those people who can talk properly, are nice, have read the rules etc usually get a lovely cash injection from me.:)

Ain't I nice?

Anyway, I'm off to sing old songs and admire my wings!

Miss you Cay!

Seth