Discovery Gaming Community
Public Newcomer Helper Log Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Public Newcomer Helper Log Thread (/showthread.php?tid=1068)

Angel Message Dump - Ceoran - 06-18-2011

I've just been online for an hour before having to log for RL-reasons. Was a pretty busy one with helping 4-5 players out. One of them thanks to the assistance of Rouge who helped me out with the Zoner barge question.
They fortunately asked one after another so it didn't turn out very hectic.

Angel Message Dump - Daedric - 06-20-2011

Pulled a short shift today. Didn't really answer to many questions but I did help some people out. I, along with a few words fron a [NG] fellow managed to get a gun in a gunboat to stop re engaging some pirates who had killed him. I helped a merc out in understanding how he should operate. Told him he should be hostile to those he shoots and we went over his planned RP. Ended up in him doing some missions for the BAF so he can work for them in killing Kusari. I also pointed him to the forums to find their bounty board.

Tried helping a guy with no ID but he just ignored me. So did the guy flying with him. Another guy wanted me to give him exact details on how to get from Leeds to New Berlin. I told him the systems to traverse but didn't do more than that. I don't him to go discovery the path.

Not nearly as busy or hectic as my last shift.

Angel Message Dump - LegendOfTheWolf - 06-21-2011

Pulled a short 15-20 mins in-game tonight, nothing much going on, a person asking about the docking notifications, another one asking about how he can contact people regarding good rp, fight, etc.

Wolf

Angel Message Dump - neko_soilder - 06-25-2011

now before everyone goes "OMG Kiori-Chan is actually writing in the message dump for once"

i will just say i am going to try and write reports more often, since i usually don't:D

I helped 3 people tonight, most of the stuff i couldn't answer though referred people to where they can possibly find answers to their questions: i was able to fully answer one player's question though ^-^

well over and out for now

I Love you discovery members <3

Angel Message Dump - Daedric - 06-26-2011

Pulled a shift this afternoon.

-Had some players wanting me to help them with a few players who kept re engaging them. Told them I was not an administrator so I couldn't do anything past talking to them. He inquired as to where he could file a sanction report, so I told him and told him to use the template provided.

-Another was upset his character was imprisoned in Bastille. I found his sanction report after he gave me his character name. Explained his sanction to him with the info in the thread. He wanted to know more and tried to convince me, I told him I wasn't an admin and that all I know is what I read in the thread; that he should create a forum account and talk to the admins in that thread.

-Another player inquired about the naming of his character regarding not using country or nationality in the name. I'm guessing he was Canadian as it had Canadien in it. I told him the rule, but was clear that I wasn't an admin and that I couldn't tell him to re name himself. He choose to re name himself to avoid any issues in the future.

-Another just felt the need to point out that I didn't have a Neutral ID, as he passed by, in local chat. :sleep:

Had a few other questions regarding the Unknown system, mining, and weapon usage (Zoner weapon usage, as it would be. :lol:)

Angel Message Dump - Ingenious - 07-01-2011

A great way to help newbies get started that I have found works really well is to have people follow the following steps. You may find the simplicity and linearity quite productive in helping new users. I explained the reason for each step.
  1. /restart liberty (obvious)
  2. find Philadelphia Station (simple navigation challenge)
  3. sell guns, nanobots, shield batteries, and cargo (simple trust-building exercise, and startup $)
  4. buy 180 Hydrocarbons (building the skill of absorbing logistic information from other players)
  5. take the Hydrocarbons to Houston, Texas by trade lane (slightly tougher navigational challenge)
  6. bring Basic Alloys back (again building trade skills)
  7. go to Erie and buy a Rhino, keeping old ID, scanner, and shield (builds recall of past locations and gives an opportunity to teach how to buy a new ship properly)
  8. keep trading hydrocarbons, or introduce a new trade route (simple exploration)
  9. save up for a Dromedary at Bethlehem Station (working towards a long-term goal)
You don't have to follow someone around for this to work, either.

Angel Message Dump - William Frederick Cody - 07-08-2011

Nice shift it was, really. I met a sweet and totally innocent pilot. Fresh blood, yeah!:crazy:

I explained up from the bones..

- How to communicate in private channel
- How to join group
- How to dock on a trade lane and on jump gates
- How to use /s, /l, /g, /t and /r
- How to use /restart
- How to set a course on the nav map
- How to have a trade with other players

Nice shift, again.

~[The_Angels]Cody

Angel Message Dump - Seth Karlo - 07-29-2011

Spent a couple of hours online, met a few new people, and got some help from the LNS-South.Bend with new miners. Sent a few people towards factions and some others off trading. All in all a good session. Quite quiet though.

-Seth

Angel Message Dump - koske - 08-10-2011

In a short tour I manage to help some people in space.

-What is Connecticut system
-How to use some server commands

[Image: zahvalnica.jpg]

Angel Message Dump - Daedric - 08-17-2011

Pulled a shift today.

-Guy asked about the police scanner thingy so I pointed them at the forums and they gladly went there instead of having me explain it to them. I thank them for that!

-Explained repping to another guy. He spent a bit looking for a bribe, but finally got it.

-Talked to a guy about his Hessian faction and he had many questions about the Phantoms, Wilde, & Keepers. Explained that the Phooms are gone, that the Wilde recruit via in game encounters, and that the Keepers have a in game trial phase along side forum recruitment thread.

Overall it was a rather good shift. Not quite like my last one.