Discovery Gaming Community
Public Newcomer Helper Log Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Public Newcomer Helper Log Thread (/showthread.php?tid=1068)

Angel Message Dump - Daedric - 09-21-2012

http://pastebin.com/tJJVU1p6

About an hour shift. Helped two peeps. Answered a question for one and taught the other how to mine and pointed him to the faction area to find a faction to join. Oh and Duncan pestered me, I think we should cane him.

Small shift. - William Frederick Cody - 10-19-2012

Some question, 2 newbies (Welcome you are!) and some helpful conversations.

One hour.

Fun.

~[Angels]Cody

RE: Angel Message Dump - William Frederick Cody - 10-31-2012

Did a small shift again, couldn't answer a question related to an ID question, but added him to the skype help channel, directed another guy to the forums for an application, next was a question, if it would be a good idea to join a trading faction, explained one guy, what roleplay is, told another "customer" about how the /setmsg command works, and still some questions related to class 10 fighter guns...
One hour, and many nice and polite conversations.

~[Angels]Cody

RE: Angel Message Dump - William Frederick Cody - 11-28-2012

One hour, few questions, nothing special. Quiet shift it was.

Angel

RE: Angel Message Dump - Vrabcek - 11-29-2012

Answered questions regarding the mining system, changing the IFF with /droprep command, explained the difference between ID and IFF, how to get Zoner ID and other short questions

Of course most questions appeared at the same time, so after my keyboard started not to like the much writing and the questions were answered I logged off.

RE: Angel Message Dump - Sassafras - 12-22-2012

I pulled an evening shift and met the following amazingly groovy pilots: DreeStyler, Pvt.Paladin, Capt_Joets, BrotherHood, and RMT-Odenwald.

I had a difficult problem with a player who when accepting missions in Penn and NY, the mission would start but the ships that were to be blown up didn't show up--an empty mission. Also the mission way points would sometimes not show up and he could not cancel the mission. I had him restart the game but no affect. I grouped with him and I started a mission but same problem with the mission being empty. He said he had played on a different server and had no mission problems. I had him create a new character but same mission problems persisted. He said he would reinstall the game. Let me know if anyone has seen this problem before.

Met a new pilot to roleplaying who wanted to join the LN. I gave him examples of how to roleplay his Navy char and how to apply to the LN on the forums. He'll make a fine Navy ensign.

Lastly had a nice chat with a player who was coming back from playing in 2005. Was in the RM when Kane was the leader. Now that's ancient history.

My angelic blessing to all and may you have a wonderful holiday.

Angel Sass

RE: Angel Message Dump - Vrabcek - 12-31-2012

Helped out some people today.
Mostly about IDs, technerf and some other stuff...

And happy new year!

RE: Angel Message Dump - Sassafras - 01-01-2013

Good evening and Happy New Year.

Pulled an evening shift and met some wonderful pilots including Psauxw, Pendrillion, EroS, Gray_Duchess, Mudslinger, 7th-GB-Gladiator, and DSE)Caribou. Hat's off to the "Caribou" for helping me with the mining information. One of my weak areas.

Discussed mining with DSE ID and which ships, ores, and mining fields would be most effective. Helped a new pilot with troubleshooting the power-reduction issue on the Starflyer and freelancer ID. Moved him up to a Rhino and problem solved. Discussed new faction creation and what attributes make for an active and successful Discovery faction. How to drop rep so a different faction will flash. And lastly how to get unstuck from mechanical failure of a station docking system.

Blessings to one and all and to all an awesome night.

Angel Sass

RE: Angel Message Dump - Sassafras - 01-02-2013

Pulled a morning shift in the New Year.

Met the following groovy pilots: Shadowkurt, Mister_Meowkins, Yamato999, TP_TEE, RNC-Aegir, PdudKronos, Cloud-Dancing, and Wolfy.

Got a call from a pilot wondering why his Outcast cruiser (or destroyer) had the weapons missing and reduced reputation. I suspected an admin massage. Explained how to assign turrets to weapon groups, how IDs work, why a HF shield won't work in a transport ship, what a Freelancer ID is and what jobs are legal for the ID, how to use /givecash and other server commands, and was told the player base in Penn is no longer accepting helium.

If you would like to donate to the Angels, donations can be sent to [Angels]Sass. The Angels provide assistance to low-income pilots who have recently graduated from the flight academy on Planet Erie. All donations are tax deductible and will be listed here with a heartfelt thanks.

May good fortune and a full belly find you in this new year.

Angel Sass

RE: Angel Message Dump - Vrabcek - 01-17-2013

I have done a quick shift

Answered only a few questions, mostly because the early time and there werent many people online

Then I showed a new player how to start and the basics of discovery, I hope he will be having a nice time here.

Thats all for now