Discovery Gaming Community
To: Watanabe Kazoku; From: Katsuragi Motoko - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Watanabe Kazoku; From: Katsuragi Motoko (/showthread.php?tid=107851)

To: Watanabe Kazoku; From: Katsuragi Motoko - Sarawr!? - 11-25-2013

>>Incoming Transmission<<
>>Sender Ident: Shikken Katsuragi Motoko<<
>>Link Established<<
>>Initialize Video/Audio<<
[Image: Samurai_zps7e297ed8.jpg?t=1385323110]
>>Buffering:...50%...75%...100%<<

"Konnichiwa honorable head of the Watanabe Kazoku, as you may know, I represent the Katsuragi Bakufu, though some troublesome things have occurred with the death of my father Katsuragi Yusuke, and I have come to realize that a splintered Blood Dragon domain will never succeed in bringing about the necessary changes within our great Kusari Nation. "

She pauses, clearing her throat and inhaling before speaking again.

"Now, to my point...I have a proposal, one that I think would serve to strengthen both of our families, and the Blood Dragon Cause as a whole. I would perhaps be willing to swear the allegiance of my family, and all of our assets, to the Watanabe Kazoku, in exchange for a modest fiefdom, perhaps one of the stations within your sphere of control. I will leave it up to you of course, but you would gain a number of fighting troops, and an additional Kagutsuchi Class warship, were our families to merge."

She bows her head respectfully before looking at the vidscreen again.

"I leave the decision to you, and I await a counterproposal if you have one."

>>Transmission End<<
>>Link: Disconnected<<
>>Signal Lost<<
[/color]

RE: To: Watanabe Kazoku; From: Katsuragi Motoko - Chrysalis - 11-25-2013

>>Source: The Kinryuu Compound, Kyoto Base<<
>>Encryption: High<<
[Image: 9b6nZBf.jpg]
>ID: Hirotada Watanabe<

Honorable Shikken,

You assume that I am worried about power. That is not the case. I do note the growing respect towards me and my brethren, even this communique confirms it to an extent, but I did not gain it through relentless power grabs and intrique, Shikken.

*he stands up and picks up a remote controller from his desk, and then turns his back to the camera, facing the wall. He clicks a button, and the wall slides down, revealing a large glass window, overlooking the cityscape of Kyoto.*

Yet some feel that grabbing power through deceit is appropriate. I observe, and take note of the fracturing mindset, the growing crime and dissent here. Even murder, something that was unheard of...for longer than I care to remember.

*he placed his hands behind his back, pacing left and right and ocassionaly glancing back at the camera*

Who, I wonder. Why, I wonder. How, I wonder. Though I have no qualms about punishment. Punishment is clear. And mercy will become a luxury, a luxury modest men like me cannot afford.

*he sighed for a moment, but then regained his composure, turning around to take a seat in front of the camera again.

Though, I digress. I indeed welcome your decision, honorable Shikken. Let us not use the crude terms of vassalage, such is not the Dragon way, but the ways of those we fought for centuries. Instead, let us sign this as a pact of friendship, where the senior has the upper hand as a military commander, nothing else.

It may be known to you that we, the Dragons as a whole do not have many installations, but those that we do have, we share and treasure, like every other asset. Though, I understand your desire to govern a station, it can be arranged. I am hereby ready to offer the complete administration of either Ryuku or Hikone, and partial administration of Kyoto and Mito, naturally.

Again, I must stress how much I am pleased with this development. I am touched, by your desire to cooperate and prosper, rather than fight and decay. I am sure you will continue your father's legacy well.

If you were to desire a visit to the Kinryuu Compound on Kyoto, our ancestral home, so that we could discuss this more, then I would be honored to invite the dignitaries of your house there.

Honor and Glory, Shikken. Long live the Blood Dragons.

Signed, Hirotada Watanabe
義勇氣仁禮誠名誉忠義

RE: To: Watanabe Kazoku; From: Katsuragi Motoko - Sarawr!? - 11-25-2013

>>Sender Ident: Shikken Katsuragi Motoko<<
>>Link Established<<
>>Initialize Video/Audio<<
[Image: Samurai_zps7e297ed8.jpg?t=1385323110]
>>Buffering:...50%...75%...100%<<

"Your swift response, and the nature of your counter offer...have taken me by surprise. Perhaps it is my...obvious inexperience with diplomatic affairs, having only recently taken a leadership role within my Family. Nonetheless, I am gladdened by your reply, and I am eager to move forward as equals in the name of restoring Kusari to it's former glory."

She pauses, biting her lip and brushing some hair behind her ears before bowing her head.

"Respectfully, I accept your invitation to The Kinryuu Compound. Matters as important as this should indeed be discussed in person, and I do not believe my father would have handled this matter in any other way"

She nods subtly, glancing down at a datapad with a soft sigh.

"It will likely be at least two days before I am able to make my way to Kyoto, I must deal with some internal matters before we'll be able to move forward. I'm sure that you can understand that."

She bows her head again, though more deeply this time, as the vidscreen fades to static.

>>Transmission End<<
>>Link: Disconnected<<
>>Signal Lost<<
[/color]