Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonia carrier? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Bretonia carrier? (/showthread.php?tid=107875)

Pages: 1 2

Bretonia carrier? - Valrin - 11-26-2013

Come on...when do we get to fly it? You torture us by putting it in the Shipyard...and we can't use it ._.
Anyone have any idea of when we can use it? I'm excited about it and want to know Big Grin

RE: Bretonia carrier? - Sabru - 11-26-2013

I believe when it first was mentioned that it would appear in the shipyard, it was said that the carrier would be playable best case in 4.88, but if not then 4.89

RE: Bretonia carrier? - Tankman - 11-26-2013

(11-26-2013, 09:13 AM)Sabre Wrote: 4.88, but if not then 4.89

So never?

RE: Bretonia carrier? - Flashâ„¢ - 11-26-2013

(11-26-2013, 09:15 AM)Tankman Wrote:
(11-26-2013, 09:13 AM)Sabre Wrote: 4.88, but if not then 4.89

So never?

Maybe...pretty much...kinda...who knows.....

RE: Bretonia carrier? - Vipera Berus - 11-26-2013

I've been wondering this myself, we wont get to fly it in the current version (4.87) and possibly not in the next as I understand it. My advice is don't get your hopes up.

RE: Bretonia carrier? - AeternusDoleo - 11-26-2013

Putting a static model in somewhere is a lot easier then actually prepping it for player control.
Would you rather we simply don't include ships/models that aren't flyable? Can do...

RE: Bretonia carrier? - Pancakes - 11-26-2013

Look at it as RP platform. Bretonia is building its first ever carrier. Building a carrier is a slow process that will take a lot of time and right now its in the commissioning

RE: Bretonia carrier? - Tankman - 11-26-2013

(11-26-2013, 11:09 AM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: Putting a static model in somewhere is a lot easier then actually prepping it for player control.
Would you rather we simply don't include ships/models that aren't flyable? Can do...

Don't you just have to plug in the model, set stats, and place turrets?
I mean seriously there should be a template for this by now.

(11-26-2013, 11:12 AM)Pancakes Wrote: Look at it as RP platform. Bretonia is building its first ever carrier. Building a carrier is a slow process that will take a lot of time and right now its in the commissioning

And they built their first prototype in a matter of weeks.
Np np.

RE: Bretonia carrier? - FallenKnight - 11-26-2013

(11-26-2013, 12:11 PM)Tankman Wrote: And they built their first prototype in a matter of weeks.
Np np.

1) The current prototype that is in the shipyard (MK1 version) was build during the last months of .86. That is why it came in .87 as passive model inside the drydock - to represent that bretonians are up for something. (thats not few weeks)

2) We found out it will take some time before the devs prepare the finished MK3 version as playable, that is why we begun our inRP project of building the new version (after MK1), so the players can see our efforts, get familiar with the ship and consider this as a teaser. We hope once we finish this project the ship to be in the mod.
The MK3 version prototype concstruction was started at 15.11.13 and consists of 7 stages. Now we are 26.11.13 (11 days after that) and we havent even finished stage 1. (thats not few weeks as well).

The new carrier version is ready and waiting to be balanced. Sadly I feel little ignored considering Blodo is not answering to my 3-4 bumps on skype and PMs on forum. AD said they are busy fixing bugs so none of us is informed when this ship is finally going to be able to fly.
As for mod versions - it was supposed to come as teaser (prototype) in beginning of .87 (so far so good) and as playable at mid or late .87. Researching this ship for 2 years is long enough...to wait 3rd is really too much.

RE: Bretonia carrier? - Lonely Werewolf - 11-26-2013

(11-26-2013, 11:12 AM)Pancakes Wrote: Look at it as RP platform. Bretonia is building its first ever carrier. Building a carrier is a slow process that will take a lot of time and right now its in the commissioning

Aye I agree, and I'll happily fly the prototype around Bretonia! If it got included a bit earlier as a unique ship, it would be soo funny watching players drool in space, awaiting the day when they can fly it themselves. Hehehe.