Discovery Gaming Community
SCRA Faction Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Edge Worlds (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Forum: Coalition Government Portal (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=461)
+------ Forum: Revolutionary Army (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=464)
+------ Thread: SCRA Faction Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=11007)

SCRA Faction Feedback - arvg - 08-27-2010

As far as an "Event"

there was no notification given at any point to us that it was an event.

And there was ample opportunity from both sides to do so.

There is also the console to make announcements on for that factor.

When we organize events, as we have with the 101st, we made sure to have someone sitting back for that very purpose, to keep people out of the event.

No, there was no event notification, and there was an Admin present at the time observing who saw no problem with us entering the fight.

Now you are just scraping the barrel for something extra to hurl at us.

We did nothing wrong, and we stand behind that.

SCRA Faction Feedback - cmfalconer - 08-27-2010

Wow. Who peed in you all's cereal this morning?

So...lets take a moment to listen to each other, instead of being hard-headed shall we?

BHG is cranked at the apparent metagaming seen from their point of view.
SCRA is cheesed off due to the BHG's apparent attempt at powergaming their RP

Right? Close?

BHG may have a point about it possibly being metagaming, but this supposed metagaming came about as a direct result of past history in SCRA in response to perceived threats, a seemingly accurate intel report from a noted ally, and (here's where it gets tricky) a paranoid-delusional knee-jerk response by High Command in response to a perceived threat.

BHG wouldn't know that SCRA is preparing for a capital ship invasion...but it's not out of the realm of possibility that if the SCRA expects an attack from the BHG-CORE, that a capital ship assault is what is coming? Is it? I mean with the thousands of destroyers and battlecruisers that the Core has, it can be mildly expected that some of them would be popping through the jumphole - as it were.

Now, if say the BHG were to show up with a swarm of Sea Serpents and Mantas instead of their bruisers, would SCRA go about with cries of metagaming our message dump? I'd like to think that we'd act accordingly and either put on a helluva show in SNAC targetting, or get our collective arses handed to us. Either way, fun would probably be had by all, and a collective "Why me!" wouldn't be uttered.

Now, I've been gone a while with a move to another state, a new job, a new house, and pretty much a new life. I'd hate to come back and see a good name like SCRA dragged through the mud for what looks to me to be a fair amount of in-game RP being played out on the forums as it should be by a paranoid-delusional government.

Dash, Monty, by reading what was written in the SCRA MD, I can absolutely see why you would conclude that the SCRA was metagaming. I hope that this will put some small light on what was being thought of from our (SCRA) end.

Sorry,
c

SCRA Faction Feedback - Dashiell - 08-27-2010

Well, monty pretty much said the most paramount thing:

the SCRA had defences ready and message dump posts posted before our ships had even left port, or before any maquis could have spotted us. and I find the whole 'we were guessing you'd come to O52' rather shallow.

as for the delta bit Colleral...

the zoners didnt want us around their freeports. so we dont come close to their freeports.

did we flee? no. we werent even in the fight. we were 8k from it. and as the Keepers were busy at the Freeport, we slipped into their space behind their backs to get to Orkney.

Of course. any REAL commander would charge head on into a fight he doesnt care for and let his chance to slip past the most dangerous species in Sirius pass him by. [/sarcasm]

Now, this is not a mudd flinging competition. nor is it an attempt to try and make a faction look bad. but please, keep forum stuff and in-rp knowledge seperated. or we can all have spies all over and metagame each other to death.

SCRA Faction Feedback - arvg - 08-27-2010

You state there were two fleets, we only saw one in game.

Again, I will stress that we were reacting to in-game information in preparing our defense. We had legitimate concern to expect an attack, and took adequate steps.

SCRA Faction Feedback - Koolmo - 08-28-2010

You're all forgetting something else as well:

THEY COULD BE WRONG!

Who knows if the SCRA is right in thinking that they'll be attacked as soon as the enemy sets foot in orkney? What if they all just have a smoke and wander off? Do you think the SCRA would really be miffed?

"Oh no, all of our massive military preparations were in vain! Uh... Unscheduled training boys! Good work to all, free vodka for gold squadron!"

It's not like it matters whether or not the SCRA is/was/will be under attack at all times. If they plan on it happening eventually, when it does nobody will be disappointed/dead. Plus, it'll help keep those damn proles under control.

SCRA Faction Feedback - Dab - 08-28-2010

' Wrote:If SCRA wants to have a Spy in The Core, or any of those 'loads of reasons', They'll have to RP it out beforehand, so that 'Spy' exists In an RP Sense...
Whether or not SCRA has metagamed, I do want to point this out as some people were mentioning justifying certain RPs by saying that the faction can have spies in a faction;

What Aerelm said right here is true. To justify RP knowledge of something in a situation like this would require the spy RP to be completed beforehand.

As to the claims of metagaming/powergaming; If someone believes a person or faction has metagamed, please talk to the moderators and/or admins. It's best to leave it out of feedback threads, as it'll lead to a flame fest.. As we can see here.

The moderators/admins will investigate the situation.

Let the team find out what is going on, and if any moderating needs to be done. If this weren't a feedback thread, I'd lock it to end the discussion. Since it is a feedback thread, just consider the BHG/Omega-52 topic over.

SCRA Faction Feedback - arvg - 08-28-2010

In answer to Dab, I refer you to post 1448 and 1445 in our message dump concerning Intelligence gathering. (relevant screenshots are included)

Quote:To justify RP knowledge of something in a situation like this would require the spy RP to be completed beforehand.

Thank you for your final, moderator established, word on the issue.

I am glad that this matter is FINALLY resolved.

SCRA Faction Feedback - Baltar - 09-08-2010

I understand your role play as Coalition and as Communists. Not a problem.

But please do not use your Blue squadron of bombers to blow everything up in New York just because you can. Its annoying for those of us that have our own role play. I took no joy in being destroyed by 8 Coalition bombers "hanging out" above Manhattan killing everything in sight. I was on for a grand total of about 30 seconds when I came across them ... and not really knowing who or what SCRA really is. I got 2 lines of communications and the assault began.

Lets try to cut down on the "lawl syndrome" please. I've seen Rogues and Outcasts in Bastille or worse for similar situations where they bombarded Manhattan and then chose to hang out there. I believe that's why the Rogue Destroyer now requires an SRP (Special Ops ID) for me to be able to own and fly one.

SCRA Faction Feedback - arvg - 09-08-2010

You were unaware of how the situation arose, of how long we were there, and how it ended.

In total we were in that location for five minutes total, moving away and down the lane before leaving the system all together shortly there after.

You are right, there have been far worse encounters. Don't tar us with that brush, especially when you don't have all the facts.

SCRA Faction Feedback - Baltar - 09-08-2010

' Wrote:You were unaware of how the situation arose, of how long we were there, and how it ended.

In total we were in that location for five minutes total, moving away and down the lane before leaving the system all together shortly there after.

You are right, there have been far worse encounters. Don't tar us with that brush, especially when you don't have all the facts.

Listen I don't wanna make waves. I just don't wanna be in that situation again. I was on for 30 seconds ... just undocked from Rochester and was moving toward California when I saw 8 bombers. I even asked the Lead ship if I could stick around since I had literally just logged in to the game and hadn't had any chance to do anything. So of course I had no clue as to how long you were there. My night was completely shot.

If you're gonna do stuff like that in the future then allow us to come back and do OUR role play. My character lives in Liberty and yours ... I don't know where.

I just hope this was a one time occurrence and not something I have to look forward to on a daily basis.