Discovery Gaming Community
Official Benitez Notice, a message to the entire community - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: Official Benitez Notice, a message to the entire community (/showthread.php?tid=110147)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Official Benitez Notice, a message to the entire community - Slavik - 01-12-2014

To the Disco community and its admins,

It is with great sadness that the Benitez Corsair faction have elected to relinquish their Official status.

We have every intention of continuing to play Freelancer Discovery but in a more “casual” way. In more recent times the game has changed in such a way that the vast majority of us no longer feel that we are prepared to put in either the time or the effort to maintain our official status, and feel that it is only right and proper that we step aside to allow others the opportunity to do something with the Corsairs.

Our recruitment will remain open, although we should say that we spend much more time playing games other than FL.

We would like to thank all of those that have taken the time to RP with us over the years, and for all of those that have participated in the many events we have been a party to – without you guys there would be no Discovery.

We have thoroughly enjoyed our time as an Official faction, and it is our hope that someone will step forward to boost the activity in our corner of Sirius.

Finally the Benitez Elders would like to thank all of those players that have at one time or another been a member of Benitez. It simply could not and would not of happened without you all. Thank you.

Best Regards

Commandante Ronaldo Benitez
Elder Trueno Benitez
Elder Jose Benitez
Elder Leon Benitez
and the rest of the Benitez Familia

RE: Official Benitez Notice, a message to the entire community - Jack_Henderson - 01-12-2014

This is a sad moment. Sad
Benitez were the ones who I always had the best Sair rp with... on any chars I met them.
I will never forget when Benitez abducted an IMG convoy into Gamma, after loading it with food.
That was damn awesome. Also the prisoner exchanges, etc. Good good stuff.

Sairs have a really hard time now.
We have been cut off from the Omegas badly (stupid O9!). Omicrons got vaster. It's a mess.

I assume TBH will be following soon.
Perhaps we'll all meet in a new Sair faction, once all old ones have stopped. Who knows.

I'll fondly remember our rp, though, and Benitez will always stay in my memory as high level rp, damn cool Sairs. Official or not.

RE: Official Benitez Notice, a message to the entire community - Not Espi - 01-12-2014

we witness factions come and go. this one left a major mark on the mod and lore. good game, well played.

RE: Official Benitez Notice, a message to the entire community - Kazinsal - 01-12-2014

This is a turning point in the factions of Discovery. A long-standing faction is no more. One that left a lot of itself in the lore of the Corsair Empire.

While I don't believe I ever played a Corsair character, I will miss the Benitez faction. Very rarely does a group of players change a section of the mod's lore without the direct intent to do so.

RE: Official Benitez Notice, a message to the entire community - mwerte - 01-13-2014

Sad day

RE: Official Benitez Notice, a message to the entire community - aerelm - 01-13-2014

Sad to see you bunch go (Or rather, step down).

Benitez was the first faction I joined back in 09 and had a lot of good times flying with and against you guys since then.

RE: Official Benitez Notice, a message to the entire community - Pancakes - 01-13-2014

:\\\\\\
^That's my official response. I'd tell you to reconsider, but knowing you bunch I believe you've already done that.

RE: Official Benitez Notice, a message to the entire community - Govedo13 - 01-13-2014

Meanwhile in the Indie side:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=110023
I personally dunno what from both is worse.
R. I. P

RE: Official Benitez Notice, a message to the entire community - Carlos_Benitez - 01-13-2014

It's been a long time since Benitez started and although I have not been involved for the last 3 years I'm very proud to have flown with you all. When we set up the Benitez all those years ago I never imagined it would continue for so long and that we would have such great times. It's fair to say we diddnt exactly have the warmest welcome all those years ago, crossing the incumbents in Corsair-land and trying to establish ourselves in what was, at that time, probably the most anti-RP part of disco's Sirius. In hindsight setting up 'our kind of group' in such hostile territory might not have been such a good idea, but it quickly became our mission to strive to set the best example we could, and had some really memorable times along the way, running some increadible missions and forming some really strong friendships.
I'm really proud of you guys and humbled that the familia still thrives. Hopefully we can fly together again, some time. Perhaps here, or elsewhere in the gaming multiverse when a new niche is found that captures our imaginations.
Viva la familia.

Edit: As an aside, though friendships will survive characters likely will not, outside of this medium. It was a big part of our MO to strive to have well formed lifelike characters with back-stories distinct personalities and even faces. After 8 years many of these characters feel, at least to me, extremely real, and bizarrely, I will mourn their loss.

RE: Official Benitez Notice, a message to the entire community - Zavier - 01-13-2014

I remember when I first joined the Benitez. Back in late 06/07, whichever it was.
I was there for the growth spurt that the familia had, and lead it's military wing for several years, before I got tired of the drama that was Discovery.

It's sad to see this, but it's been a hell of an era with the Benitez. 8 years official, and still living on unofficially.

Good luck, guys. See you on the flipside, or you could always join me in Mechwarrior Online. Wink

Ex-Praetor, Ex-Training Officer Zavier Benitez.