Discovery Gaming Community
Player Bastilled: Queens.Ann's.Revenge - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Player Bastilled: Queens.Ann's.Revenge (/showthread.php?tid=111082)

Player Bastilled: Queens.Ann's.Revenge - Garrett Jax - 01-29-2014

Queens.Ann's.Revenge has been Bastilled for:

Quote:Server Rule 3.1 An attack is any hostile action that drains shields to less than 50%. Saying "Engaging" is not sufficient. If a player is attacked he has the right to defend himself regardless of who is attacking. Trading nanobots, shieldbatteries or other ammo and equipment during a fight is also considered taking an active role in the engagement.

Consequences: "Hold it. 10 mil tax," is not sufficient RP prior to attack. You're in an Outcast Battleship. I don't think the two smaller players were any threat to you. You killed both of them rather quickly, in fact. I'm sending your ship to Bastille. Your guns didn't make the trip. You can post here explaining how you will roleplay your Outcast battleship in the future and I will consider releasing it back to you.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=110853

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban.
Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE

RE: Player Bastilled: Queens.Ann's.Revenge - jaxTeller - 01-29-2014

(01-29-2014, 12:58 AM)Garrett Jax Wrote: Queens.Ann's.Revenge has been Bastilled for:

Quote:Server Rule 3.1 An attack is any hostile action that drains shields to less than 50%. Saying "Engaging" is not sufficient. If a player is attacked he has the right to defend himself regardless of who is attacking. Trading nanobots, shieldbatteries or other ammo and equipment during a fight is also considered taking an active role in the engagement.

Consequences: "Hold it. 10 mil tax," is not sufficient RP prior to attack. You're in an Outcast Battleship. I don't think the two smaller players were any threat to you. You killed both of them rather quickly, in fact. I'm sending your ship to Bastille. Your guns didn't make the trip. You can post here explaining how you will roleplay your Outcast battleship in the future and I will consider releasing it back to you.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=110853

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban.
Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE

well id love to get more information on exactly how much rp is needed before engagement. otherwise we could just qq all day about getting killed. you said we agree there was some roleplay but not enough. im sory but that doesnt make sence almost like your saying i followed the rules but not enough for your satisfaction. well with a ship that has no thrusters or cds its kinda hard to keep a ship around thats you are trying to pirate. so again please define the exact amount of rp needed so i can make sure this does not happen again for myself and any other pilots out there.

RE: Player Bastilled: Queens.Ann's.Revenge - Garrett Jax - 01-29-2014

PM Sent

RE: Player Bastilled: Queens.Ann's.Revenge - jaxTeller - 01-31-2014

so uhh anyways id like to know when i can get my ship and hardware back. seeing as how i did infact have "some Rp but not enough" i dont think i should fully be charged with breaking a rule. i understand that if im going to blast some ship to oblivion i need to rp with it some more.

RE: Player Bastilled: Queens.Ann's.Revenge - Garrett Jax - 01-31-2014

The problem you are having is that you are trying to pirate with a Cap ship that has no CD and no thrusters. In order to prevent your 'victims' from getting away, you shorten the amount of role play you give, so that they don't cruise away on you.

Our expectation is for you to provide more RP than what you gave. Your original post here, before you edited it, gave the reason for you pirating that player. Why didn't you tell him that? Why the heck would an Outcast Battleship be demanding 10 million credits from an empty transport? That's what the player wanted to know. When the zoner asked you, "Isn't 10 million kinda hefty for an empty transport?" You had opportunity for role play. Telling him, "not for a player of your lvl," is kind of oorp and doesn't satisfy the other players or the Admins. If you're going to pirate players in a battleship, you need to give them something. If they get away, they get away. That's the price you pay for trying to pirate others in a much stronger ship. What you are doing now could be construed as bullying. I'm sure that's what the player who filed the report felt.

RE: Player Bastilled: Queens.Ann's.Revenge - jaxTeller - 01-31-2014

sir i am 26 years old i play freelancer because i enjoy it. right now i feel like a 6 year old who put gum in some poor broads hair. as i stated above: "i understand that if im going to blast some ship to oblivion i need to rp with it some more. " i dont know why we need to keep going around in circles on this. would you like me to buy a plane ticket and fly to whereever the player who filed the report lives knock on his door and apoligize. i dont know what you want me to do here, you told me what i did wrong pulled at least 25 mill worth of equipment of my ship and imprisoned it. now i have to come check the forums everyday after work to find out i still cant fly it. correct me if i am wrong but this is also my first offence. you have gotten my attention corrected me on my mistake what more is there............can i have my ship back please