Discovery Gaming Community
Liberty Navy [LN] - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Liberty Navy [LN] (/showthread.php?tid=11128)

RE: Liberty Navy [LN] - Shaggy - 08-19-2015

(08-19-2015, 01:03 PM)John Wildkins Wrote:
(08-19-2015, 12:57 PM)Shaggy Wrote:
(08-19-2015, 12:54 PM)Alley Wrote:
(08-19-2015, 12:44 PM)Shaggy Wrote: Greetings [LN] this is not me having ago or being mad or raging or anything it is just a question. Can someone please answer.

WHY do [LN] sit in Connecticut or Virginia and do nothing else. I rarely see them log and actually fight LR- or [HF] or anything and when they do. It is a very rare occassion. I am just wondering because if im not mistaken [LN] has over 40 - 50 members. But the activity is low. 5th only had 8 members and they had one of the highest activity streaks. I am just curious that is all? Can someone please answer this.

[LN] Don't do much but sit in Connecticut or Virginia

Thanks Shaggy

4 of us fought [HF] and a xeno in NY last night so we are there. I won't deny getting [LN] to log is seriously difficult though.
Also, Conn is non-issue as the activity tracker discard any time spent in Conn.

Alley I saw the [LN] log last night also because I was on the recieving end of being hurt Smile but that is not the point. The [LN] are official with triple the players of 5th and yet the 5th do more work than the [LN]? But the [LN] will take all the credit for it.

Just so everyone knows. I AM NOT IN 5th ANYMORE. There are roughly 8 players within 5th and their activity is triple the [LN] whom are official surely. Something should be done about this.

Despite the fact that the activity information you posted shows that [LN] has had higher activity last month and for the last three months. School is starting up again soon, some people are getting busy with work, et cetera - others have recently been given staff duties and developer work and are thus less capable of logging full-time. Combine that with a waning interest in Discovery from some of our more active contributors and you have a relatively dead three weeks of activity.

People log [LN] and go to Conn, especially in the early hours, because there are few enemies to handle in Liberty and we want to get better at killing the enemies we have while also bonding as a faction. If we logged indies instead, I'm sure the complaint would change to "you don't log at all".

And I don't remember taking any credit for the work that 5th| has done. They're a capable and very active group of people, and I've worked with their leader many times on guiding their faction in different ways.

There are some changes to be made and work to be done, sure, and a lot of it is on my end. But it's a relatively new and honestly minor happenstance that'll be sorted before too long.

I see were you are coming from and John you are looking at the tracker information wrong. The 5th have doubled or tripled the [LN] activities. The 5th were on 2 days or 5 days or something worth of activity were as the [LN] did not even a 24 hour mark. That is what I am asking. Why is the official faction with more members less active than the faction that is un official with less members. I completely understand it is back to school or college and people work alot. But that is still no excuse. I work 15 hours most days I can come home and still log and play, I have fun and if i've had a stressful then my gameplay is stress.

RE: Liberty Navy [LN] - Wildkins - 08-19-2015

The tracker activity states that [LN] had 7 days, 19 hours and 41 seconds of activity within the last month, and 15 days, 14 hours, 28 minutes and 59 seconds within the last three months. Compare that to 5th's 4 days, 1 hour, 9 minutes and 6 seconds for the last month and 11 days, 19 hours, 14 minutes and 39 seconds for the last three months.

As for your question, that's one that should be directed at the Admins, if anyone. It's their decision for which factions are official and which are not. If [LN] is warned this month for activity, or if 5th's official faction bid is accepted, then that's what will happen. I don't feel as though your questions, if I'm determining them rightly, can even be answered by anyone within the [LN] beyond what I've already stated.

RE: Liberty Navy [LN] - Laura C. - 08-19-2015

What are you talking about Shaggy? Maybe you should sort your numbers first...

According to tracker:

Last 3 months
LN: 15d, 14:28:59
5th: 11d, 21:14:32

Last month
LN: 7d, 19:00:41
5th: 4d, 01:09:06

EDIT: Hue, ninjaed, John is too quick...

RE: Liberty Navy [LN] - Mímir - 08-19-2015

Here's a suggestion: Why don't you rejoin 5th, Shaggy, and take some LR- Scylla people with you, so 5th and LR- can cap- and novaspam each other and have a hoot? <- That's a serious suggestion, not an insult or anything like that. It seems so silly that all the players with a taste for that particular type of gameplay lump together, and then ask demand other people to come out and play on these terms.

PVP-wise I think [LN] is a model faction. Balanced fights, duels. They ask caps to go away and so on. To provide that kind of play they need confidence and PVP-skills, so I for one think it's great that [LN] practices snub fights in conn rather than go press right mouse button at Scyllas. To each his own.

Laura I see what you have done there. Non of you are taking into consideration that [LN] have roughly 40 - 50 members and 5th have 8. That is why I am asking about the activity. The [LN] have been near the bottom of the activity tracker for a long time, and I personally would like to see it rise, from my point of view it seems you are all getting angry because of a simple question I have asked.

Mimir you say that 5th and LR- cap spam but you do not understand that 5th fight fairly most of the time. It is very rare when im around on 5th that their is NOT a unfair fight. When im around I will try my hardest to keep the fights fair. I know there has been alot of arguements about 5th being gankers and all but we can only log 3 - 5 (players if we lucky) at a time. Most players that fly with 5th are indis.

I understand that [LN] are training to get better in snubs, but im sure 99% of [LN] could take down the 5th pilots. The 5th are not the best pilots but they have fun.

RE: Liberty Navy [LN] - Rodent - 08-19-2015

(08-19-2015, 01:17 PM)Shaggy Wrote: Laura I see what you have done there. Non of you are taking into consideration that [LN] have roughly 40 - 50 members and 5th have 8. That is why I am asking about the activity. The [LN] have been near the bottom of the activity tracker for a long time, and I personally would like to see it rise, from my point of view it seems you are all getting angry because of a simple question I have asked.

Mimir you say that 5th and LR- cap spam but you do not understand that 5th fight fairly most of the time. It is very rare when im around on 5th that their is NOT a unfair fight. When im around I will try my hardest to keep the fights fair. I know there has been alot of arguements about 5th being gankers and all but we can only log 3 - 5 (players if we lucky) at a time. Most players that fly with 5th are indis.

I understand that [LN] are training to get better in snubs, but im sure 99% of [LN] could take down the 5th pilots. The 5th are not the best pilots but they have fun.

40-50 Members? Patently incorrect. The [LN] have, at best maybe ten to twelve active people.

Again Rodent. The [LN] have more active members than the 5th do have members. But your activity list is around 30 - 35 members atleast. Im sure

RE: Liberty Navy [LN] - Wildkins - 08-19-2015

(08-19-2015, 01:21 PM)Shaggy Wrote: Again Rodent. The [LN] have more active members than the 5th do have members. But your activity list is around 30 - 35 members atleast. Im sure

(08-19-2015, 01:17 PM)Shaggy Wrote: [LN] have roughly 40 - 50 members

We have roughly twenty-one active members, at last count. That's being a little optimistic and including anyone who's logged in the last three months, so it's a bit inflated for today's numbers.

Yes, we have more members, but a lot of them are old members - people who've been in the [LN] longer than I've been in Discovery. Some of them are, well, frankly disinterested in putting in any more than an hour or two a day on a good week. Others are incredibly busy (we have four members on leaves of absence as of this post) and still others are starting to pick up their activity but it's not showing just yet.

If you really have a problem with the fact that you perceive 5th is putting in more effort than the [LN], take it up with the Admins or whoever. I'm afraid I can't exactly help you reach an answer or whatever it is you're trying to gain from this discussion.

RE: Liberty Navy [LN] - Vigilia.Procuratio - 08-19-2015

Okay, the pun about Scyllas was tongue-in-cheek. In all seriousness though, I'm wondering if a few of 5th predominantly play on those characters whereas LN players might have multiple official characters across the game. Also... back in the days there used to be more activity from LN and less from LPI but now it's the other way around, which is probably more realistic because normal law enforcement is the job of the police; Navy's role might be more about combating enemy capital fleets, dealing with terrorists and going beyond the borders. Another consideration is how lucrative mining has become; I'm not saying LN players are generally off mining, but it's certainly worth considering that some players might rather earn a princely sum while it's quiet instead of sitting at Manhattan twiddling their thumbs. I fly LPI a lot so I know what it's like when the gate-lane network is only reporting boring traders for an entire hour, but at the same time I prefer watching Manhattan spin around than shooting asteroids... seriously.

RE: Liberty Navy [LN] - Laura C. - 08-19-2015

(08-19-2015, 01:17 PM)Shaggy Wrote: Laura I see what you have done there. Non of you are taking into consideration that [LN] have roughly 40 - 50 members and 5th have 8. That is why I am asking about the activity. The [LN] have been near the bottom of the activity tracker for a long time, and I personally would like to see it rise, from my point of view it seems you are all getting angry because of a simple question I have asked.
Where are you getting that number from? I seriously doubt that any Disco faction has 40-50 players if we speak about those who play regularly. Your number might be true maybe if we count all members including semi-inactive and fully inactive members.

Also, your idea which you expressed that "5th should replace LN in official spot just because they have more average ingame time per player" is silly, especially when you use number which is based on some weird estimation of yours. They meet requirements and they meet them with no problem. They are active enough, some average activity per player is not valid in anything. Good for 5th they have so active members, but that is not reason for touching LN official status, if something, this might just be reason to give it to 5th too.