Discovery Gaming Community
Ames Research Station - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Ames Research Station (/showthread.php?tid=11317)

Ames Research Station - Keshi - 08-16-2008

Ames Research station in Keplar is a Zoners station, but all the missions offered from the base are Bounty Hunter missions.. That can't be right? I thought they disliked bounty hunters most of anyone...

Ames Research Station - weylin - 08-16-2008

-shrug- zoners dont have missions they give out i dont think... so whoever is around gives you missions.

Ames Research Station - Klaw117 - 08-16-2008

Zoners don't hate BHG at all. They're neutral with everyone (but they like the Order and GMG, which is understandable).

Ames Research Station - Keshi - 08-16-2008

But everyone says that killing BHG is how you raise your zoner rep, meaning that they must have a pretty poor relationship with each other, and that taking missions from a zoner base will mean lowering your zoner rep...

Ames Research Station - Jinx - 08-16-2008

a common mistake - zoners and BHGs get along perfectly well. - its a symbiotic relationship. - BHGs need the bases, zoners rip them off for using them.

BHGs also provide protection as they are much more reliable than most other lawful forces, cause they are predictable lawful. - they do it for money and not for some vague idea of honour.

why many zoners think that they dislike BHGs is beyond me - as there is no lore in the game that might even suggest the slightest hint about this. - when it comes to who the zoners trust off of the factions present in the borderworlds ( except the order ) - the BHG is the most trusted faction - far behind comes the corsairs ( as they were employed to protect omega-49, but the corsairs don t do it cause they like the zoners so much - and the zoners chose the corsairs cause they know its in their own interest to defend 49 against the mollys ) - additionally to the corsairs, the zoners of course also employ the guild in 49.

zoners do not offer missions, as missions would suggest that they have enemies. - instead, the BHG who are residents on the freeports offer missions. - so the best you get from a zoner is information or a bribe.

edit: yes, you can raise zoner faction by killing BHGs. mind, you can raise zoner faction by killing the order, too ( kill order, repurchase a bribe ... works perfectly ) - just cause game mechanics suggest that you can use it, doesn t mean its in RP.

Ames Research Station - killhappyfool - 08-19-2008

sadly if you didn't realize the trick with the 3 bribes.. >.> it gets troublesome to get their tag.

Ames Research Station - Lucend - 08-19-2008

The job board is there for anyone on the base to post bribes.

I've seen BHG and unlawful jobs on the board side by side. Freeports are neutral.

Ames Research Station - dr lameos - 08-19-2008

mmhm, zoners have no missions, and they are completely neutral - except they like the order and GMG

I do wonder though, why a BHG bribe lowers zoner rep?! Its the only one that does this i think

Ames Research Station - AdamantineFist - 08-19-2008

' Wrote:mmhm, zoners have no missions, and they are completely neutral - except they like the order and GMG

I do wonder though, why a BHG bribe lowers zoner rep?! Its the only one that does this i think
It's indirect. It lowers your Order rep, thus lowering your Zoner rep.

Ames Research Station - Thexare - 08-19-2008

' Wrote:It's indirect. It lowers your Order rep, thus lowering your Zoner rep.
Rep changes don't chain that way. Zoners and BHG do in fact have a slight negative Empathy setting.