Discovery Gaming Community
Kurumi's Logs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Kurumi's Logs (/showthread.php?tid=113381)

Kurumi's Logs - James Greed - 03-17-2014

" Not again!" her frustrated voice can be heard in her appartment. She is frustrated as ever. She jumps into the bed, laying down her head on a pillow, and she takes a datapad from under the pillow. Her decision was made a few weeks ago. Maybe writing down everything that happens to her would help.

"I can't believe I'm doing this. I have sworn not to write a diary.... Hmmmm. Let's call it a logbook. Yeah. That'll do."

[: : :Log entry 1: Recognition : : :]

I've started my day as usual. Flying the gunboat above Manhattan, stalking the prey. I've spotted a carrier, a Spa and Cruise bomber, and a Samura train. The first thing, of course was the usual same sentence. " Leave the system." I've heard it many many times, and never complied. A few simple insults were thrown at me. I couldn't care less. Then comes the next step. Engage the hostile vessel. And they did. The Spa and Cruiser bomber, and the carrier rained fire on me. My my.... It did not take long. The got blown into pieces by a few shots.... as for the carrier... it's way too huge. It's a shame. I only wanted to take the naval ship out. But as I can't even scratch it, I had to take out that annoying bomber. But of course, a few minutes later, an entire army came, with the single purpose of disintegrating me. And as usual, I've escaped.
I hate it. Unable to fulfill my revenge. Even though I doubt I will ever succeed. But still. Maybe a bigger ship would help. A destroyer. But an agile one. So, neither the Rogue, nor the Outcast one would do. I remember seeing small destroyers in Kusari.... If I could.... ah no. That's impossible. Or, is it? Information. That's what I need. Maybe the Hackers? I've met them a few days ago. They seem have vast amount of knowledge. I wonder if they are willing to help. Time will decide.

I would do anything, and everything to get what I want.

RE: Kurumi's Logs - James Greed - 03-24-2014

[: : :Log Entry 2: Burn them to ashes : : :]

Another day, another encounter. All I wanted is to extort a little sum of credits, so I could get the engines fixed on the Abyss. By the way, the name came from slaughtering these bastards. My graceful gunboat is the pit, or abyss between life and death. My my, I got carried away.

So, I have decided to pirate some traders between Westpoint and Manhattan. I’ve disrupted the lane and waited. Unfortunately a naval vessel was disrupted first. He ran as fast as he could, and later he came back in his upholder. And, of course it did not take too much time until a Liberty Assault Battlecruiser arrived, with a fighter by it’s side. The said fighter was piloted by a freelancer. Freelancers always seem to pick the wrong side…. Anyways, They engaged my ship a few minutes later. All I could do is to avoid getting hit by the LABC, while luring them away from the lanes. The plan worked out perfectly. The couldn’t do anything against my agile gunboat. Even though they had superior firepower. I was dodging shots for about an hour, firing back when the snubs came too close. Around 175 disruptors were fired at me in total. Finally the bomber came too close. His hull was breached, and he bursted into flames. Right about time. The fight was getting too long, and it seemed pointless. I have decided to return to base. The LABC followed. Wrong move. A rouge destroyer was waiting near the base. As he have noticed my arrival, he have moved in to engage. It didn’t take too long until the LABC turned into a part of the derbis field.

I have contacted the freelancer later on, just to tell him not to ally with the Libery navy. Of course he didn’t listen. Oh well, another freelancer with a death wish. All freelancers end up dead, if they decide to turn against me. It’s just a matter of time … and shots.

RE: Kurumi's Logs - James Greed - 03-24-2014

[: : :Log entry 3: Thought on the recent happenings : : :]

Madness. How can one remain sane in this house called Liberty? You board your ship, and just as you spot Manhattan, you’ll also see about 3 Outcast battleships, and a dozen of bombers swarming around them. And what can one do? Nothing. Better not assist. Let the trigger happy captains crush each other. I do want to take my revenge, of course. But they will be killing each other, so I better not interfere, or I might get in the center of attention.
And recently, I had brought Cherry home. I was thinking about selling it. But even though there are many bad memories connected to the ship there are also good ones. So I have flown it to Rochester. I have asked a few Junkers to check the main systems. The guns were horribly damaged, expect the forward gun. The reactor is still fully functional. The scanners are a bit jammed, but nothing that can’t be fixed. I wonder if Nicole would help, If I’d ask for her assistance. After all I did trick her. Well, for moments toyed with the idea of having a Kusari destroyer, but that didn’t last long. A few minutes to say. But, I have decided to send that transmission to Nicole, just to see how she reacts. My my… this curiosity of mine will surely get me into some kind of trouble. Oh well…

RE: Kurumi's Logs - James Greed - 03-27-2014

[: : :Log entry 4: Fading reminiscence : : :]

The Cherry is ruinous. Slowly, but surely, it'll become scrap metal, if I don't do anything. I had the guns replaced, as they became overheated from time to time. And not the usual overheating. The one where you are unable to fire even after minutes, and the traverse speed reduces rapidly. But as I've said, the guns were replaced. Each, and every gun. Except the forward gun. Luckily it's in perfect condition.
Then, one day I've undocked from Rochester, flying the Cherry. The usual Manhattan route. It didn't take too long until the cherry started to act up.... again. A thick smoke cloud appeared from the back of the engine section. I've stopped the Cherry, and went to the back of the ship. It caught flames! A nice little campfire in the back of the ship. I have walked out from the engine section, as if nothing have happened, sealed engine section, and turned on the self-extinguisihng mechanism. Then, turned the ship around, and went back to Rochester, but only with impulse speed. As soons as I've moored, the Junker came, and started to rescue anything that could be rescued. Meanwhile, I've checked the prices for a new engine on the neural net. The horror. A fortune.

RE: Kurumi's Logs - James Greed - 06-30-2014

[: : :Log entry 5: Environment change : : :]

Have you ever had the feeling that you need a change? For the first time, I get to think about it. Sure, it was nice slaughtering the so called "officers" of the liberty navy, but I'm affraid that spending my time in liberty might not be the best thing. What if their idioticy will get to me? I have to prevent that. So, it's time for me to ask someone to put the Cherry together, so I can depart as soon as possible. I was thinking about moving to Bretonia. Or maybe the Omegas. I'll decide on the way there. Maybe I even get to meet someone to "play" with. It would be boring to spend my days there, without having any company.

RE: Kurumi's Logs - James Greed - 07-28-2014

[: : :Log entry 6: Worsening nightmares: : :]

The same thing almost every night. I got used to it, I must say. Seeing the same scene, again and again. The blood around me, and the grinning officer. The look, frozen on my mother's face. The empty expressions. And, I'm just sitting there, in the blood, seeing them dead. No wonder why it's getting harder for me to get any sleep. Especially with the recent changes. In the end of the dream, instead of the face of the grinning officer, I see my own face. My hands are covered with my parent's blood. And, the people around me are looking at me, as if I was the one to kill them. Am I going insane?

I can't even sleep a bit. Whenever I'm alone, I see all these pictures. Again and again. I have to do something. I need something. Or someone. To drift my thoughts away.

RE: Kurumi's Logs - James Greed - 07-30-2014

[: : : Log 7: Music to my ears: : :]

I've tried the most common way to get rid of things that bother me. Drinking. And of course, what do most people do in a bar, when they see a beauty as myself? They try to hit on me. Too bad for them, I wasn't exactly fond of their attention. One ended up in my apartment. He thought I wanted something from him. Clearly, after I have pointed a gun at his forehead, he realized his mistake. Oh how he tried to find excuses. it was music to my ears. And then, I asked her a simple question: " What do you do to relax?" He said a bunch of useless things, and I was about to pull the trigger. But then, he advised me to listen to classical music. I was never really fond of classical music. Maybe listening to someone playing it..... I wonder if I could find someone to play for me. That might be entertaining. Are there still people around, willing to play the instruments. I have to find out. I ought to check the neural net. There must be someone I can persuade to play for me. Or, I'll have to kidnap someone? Either way, it will be interesting.

Nevertheless, I did pull the trigger. He was annoying. And cleaning bloodstains drifted my thoughts away from that dream.