Discovery Gaming Community
To: Gotthold Ludewig - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Gotthold Ludewig (/showthread.php?tid=113533)

To: Gotthold Ludewig - Sarah McFarlen - 03-21-2014

Message Received
To: Gotthold Ludewig
Sender: Sparks
Origin: Frankfurt Relay #4

Highway to Hel.

Hi.

Sparks here. We spoke a while back on that base in Dresden that was giving your guys a headache. Not sure if you remember, from what I can see that headache's...Er... Still pounding. Sorry we couldn't be more help there.

Anyway, I'm actually writing regarding something totally unrelated, so I suppose I'll cut to that. I've got a few friends (and me. There's also that.) that have a pretty keen interest in the old Hel class cruisers, and I was wondering if there were any old or decommissioned models floating out there in the black that they could poke without it being an issue on your end of things. They're the tinkering sort, and I figured'd be a good project to keep them busy for a while. They're almost definitely not likely to fatally injure anyone with it, so there's that.

Besides, cleaning up scrap's practically a public service, isn't it? Even if you don't have the co-ordinates of one lying about, the plans would still be interesting reading, if you could spare the specifications on the older models.

Anyway, it'd be great if you could let me know if you have anything.

End Message

RE: To: Gotthold Ludewig - Zayne Carrick - 03-21-2014

Transmission established...
Source: Vogtland base, Dresden system
ID: Diplomat Gotthold Ludewig

[Image: 264px-RHA_Logo.png]

Guten tag, fraulein McFarlen. Unfortunately, we hadn't spoken yet. It's true, that I was observing the siege, but only from my cabinet on Vogtland. Perhaps, you were talking with Hauptmann Draay, who was in charge of this operation.

You're not a first one, who have interest in Hel cruiser. Our... partners from Vagrant Raiders have also showed it. But well, if we are ready to build a brand new cruiser for the raiders, will we force our bloodbonded comrads from Widerstand to seek some scrap like junkers? I hope that the answer will be "no". Quite unfortunately, I'm not the one, who's making the decisions, I'm only publishing the will of the Oberkommando. Expect the answer on this frequency in a next few days.

Transmission terminated.

RE: To: Gotthold Ludewig - Zayne Carrick - 03-22-2014

Tag again, fraulein McFarlen. Oberkommando've pointed his attention to one small word. What are those "friends" you're speaking about? It's comrad Klugmann and other fellow Widerstand members?

Transmission terminated.

RE: To: Gotthold Ludewig - Sarah McFarlen - 03-22-2014

Message Received
Origin: Frankfurt Relay #1

RE: Highway to Hel.

Hi Gotthold.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I hadn't even had time to read your first message. Anyway, those friends aren't anything to worry about. They're not part of the Widerstand, but they've been working for the Bundschuh as a whole. It's hard for me to be precise in terms of names, since they're mostly individuals who banded together to help out after the Zwickau issue we had a while back. I'm not even sure they have a collective name. Sorry if it sounds like I'm being evasive here, I'm really not intending to, it's just that there's not much to tell.

After Zwickau, we ended up in contact with a whole range of freelancers and other loose groups of people who joined together to pitch in. There's a few there that are more mechanically inclined, and they came through and helped us get our stations and people airtight and upright respectively. Someone (can't recall his name, I'm afraid. I know.) mentioned that they'd love a chance to tinker around with something a bit more substantial at some point, and I thought I'd look into returning the favor. Like I said, it doesn't have to be an operational ship. In fact, knowing some of the attitudes I saw floating about, they'd probably prefer it wasn't. More for them to play around with that way.

Sorry I can't tell you more. I just don't like owing favors to people and this looked like a chance for us to plug one up, I 'spose. Feel free to ask if you've got any other questions. I can't promise the answers'll be horribly informative, but I'll do my best.

Thanks!

End Message

While Red Hessian Army always ready to help their allies, group of freelancers or mercenaries you've hired back in days to help you doesn't fall into hessian "allies" category. We don't want to see military-grade equipment, even outdated, in hands of loose group of people. I can't even imagine how they will use it. Guess your friends should ask Junker Congress to help them, junkers are masters in finding floating wrecks, but they don't like to share information. Or, perhaps, Unioners will be able to sell them some blueprints or wrecks.

Transmission terminated.

RE: To: Gotthold Ludewig - Sarah McFarlen - 03-22-2014

Message Received
Origin: Frankfurt Relay #5

Hi Gotthold.

Thanks for trying, anyway. I mean, we didn't exactly hire them, in that there was no payment given in exchange for their help, but I can see where you're coming from. I'd be worried too.

That said, is there any chance your guys would know the location of a wreck? I mean, they're your ships (or were, at one point or another). Surely you've got some idea where I might find a battered old hull or something. Maybe if you've still got some old plans? Sorry to push you like this, but I'd just like to be able to go back to them with some sort of 'thank you,' even if it's a twenty year old preliminary drawing.

End Message

Evening, fraulein.
Let's make this simple. Yes, we have plans. But, if your friends want our help, they should ask themselves, without using you as mediator. We don't trust people we don't see.

Transmission terminated.

RE: To: Gotthold Ludewig - Sarah McFarlen - 03-23-2014

Message Received
Origin: Frankfurt Relay #3

Alright.

Thanks anyway, Gott. I'm sure I'll figure something out. In the meantime, I'll get out of your hair.

End Message