Discovery Gaming Community
Terrorists = PvP Whores? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Terrorists = PvP Whores? (/showthread.php?tid=11387)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Terrorists = PvP Whores? - weylin - 08-18-2008

Now, I wasn't directly effected, but this still kind of pissed me off.

There was like 3 or so transports outside manhattan, all with cargo.
One was about to sell its load
Two had just bought a cargo full and was just starting to activate cruise engines.

Just then, two or three fighters and an Osiris battleship come flying out of the tradelane, Phantoms.

10 seconds later, all transports were dead, cargo destroyed, and the smaller ships running for cover or locked in combat.

Wow.

You know, its kind of funny, the other day when I was flying Xenos, It only took a few minutes before the whole Navy and LSF was trying to kill me, but they never showed up for PHANTOMS RIGHT INFRONT OF THE MANHATTAN DOCKING RING.

Hey maybe you should have it so pirates cant dock with tradelanes or jump gates if they are hostile?

Terrorists = PvP Whores? - Tenacity - 08-18-2008

well they are supposed to be scary.

Still, probably not great for them being in new york.

Scary? I just found it to be very annoying and a waste of time and money.

Fleet encounters need to have a much higher fire rate... the dreadnaughts just lob off a couple of shots there and there, never taking stuff seriously while manhattan falls to pieces.

Terrorists = PvP Whores? - Praetyre - 08-18-2008

OORP docking is already covered by the rules.

Terrorists = PvP Whores? - Exile - 08-18-2008

I must kind of agree with Weylin here. (Can't believe the words are comming out of me mouth). But using battleships to kill transports is abit..Well quite low. I'm sorry. But i doubt you see Mon'star or the Keepers do such a thing ( Just to name a few "terrorists")

If your gonna be terrorists, go against targets that can bite back, and bite back hard. Don't just shoot anything above level 30.

Anyway, that's how i think about it.

Terrorists = PvP Whores? - Tenacity - 08-18-2008

Quote:But i doubt you see Mon'star or the Keepers do such a thing ( Just to name a few "terrorists")

Mon'star killed me when I was in a starblazer =(

Terrorists = PvP Whores? - Exile - 08-18-2008

Wrong example then. But you get my point no? I mean, you don't see Harbinger shoot down Kain and Billy.

Only the fighters attacked the transports, but still, it was out of the blue, and there was absolutly no resistance whatsoever AT ALL.

What fun is that?

Terrorists = PvP Whores? - 13CentKiller - 08-18-2008

You got mad because the Phantoms came intoo New York for a few hours and elimated ooRP chat spammers and newbie ooRP ships and factions?

That my friend should happen more often. New York was empty short after (meaning under 20 people where in it) Thats exactly how it should be. And all those 10 or 15 people where...dare I say it....In role play, and role playing! Unlawful's rarely ever take dominance over New York, I have been in a few expeditions where me and a few other OutCast's and Hackers have taken over...It was the Phantoms turn today. And they are probably planning another attack for tomorrow. I know we are.

So: Welcome to Discovery.:P

You ain't seen nuthin' yet:P
Gather yer' gun slingin' no good son of a corsair lawful niny's, stop yer' yappen' en' shoot em' up!

Terrorists = PvP Whores? - sn!p3r - 08-18-2008

I fought the phantoms, so don't say that no lawfuls did if thats what you're getting at with the last bit you posted. I got attacked in my liberator by that same group.. wasn't all that much fun, but i'm not going to complain about it....publicly:D