Discovery Gaming Community
What is to do in the server? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: What is to do in the server? (/showthread.php?tid=114000)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

What is to do in the server? - Luis - 03-31-2014

I am trading like 2-3 hours a day with a player count of 59 players online when before it was over 100 players online. And I trade everywhere in sirius using FL Companion. There is like 1-3 players I meet every 20-30 mins along the way on selling my commodities and very little to nothing of few words are not coming out from them when i try to RP. I look up on the Players online and there is 1 or 2 players located one-third of Sirius.

That sucks. It is coming to an impression on "If I get a Capital vessel and RP, what good can I get out of it if there is barely anyone on the systems to cooperate with me?"..."Is the server on the edge of being extinct?"..."What can I do on the in-game to get the fun out of it?"

Now I know many old players, (no, not as in age old, but old players that has been on the server for more than 2 years), left the community due to real life, butt hurt from the community on the forums, rage-quitted from in-game experience (was one of these guys), other reasons. But, what about these new players that logs in on their first time? Are their the ones that's destroying the RP atmosphere? (not all you new players, but just the few of you guys that are in game pvp-whoring and/ or non-rp'ers).

I am just concerned since I started playing again on the server a month ago and I only been interacted in RP once for as long as15-20mins. Others was just mainly 3-5 seconds and they will leave me hanging in space while they cruise off. >_>

RE: What is to do in the server? - Pancakes - 03-31-2014

Server is pretty much empty at all times except for weekend's evenings and main activity hubs like New York, Leeds, New London, Tau-23, Omega7/11 etc

RE: What is to do in the server? - SnakThree - 03-31-2014

Stick with one route and perhaps the interactions will come to you.

RE: What is to do in the server? - sindroms - 03-31-2014

Get a few friends to fly with.
Never get bored again.

RE: What is to do in the server? - Luis - 03-31-2014

(03-31-2014, 03:15 PM)Snak3 Wrote: Stick with one route and perhaps the interactions will come to you.

Sticking on one route gets pretty boring. I travel everywhere on the best sell price there is on the market.

(03-31-2014, 03:22 PM)Luis Wrote:
(03-31-2014, 03:15 PM)Snak3 Wrote: Stick with one route and perhaps the interactions will come to you.

Sticking on one route gets pretty boring. I travel everywhere on the best sell price there is on the market.
I agree. But if you use certain corridor to go in and out of the house, you might attract some unlawfuls. If you are cruising around without heading back, noone will be able to predict your path.

When I am on my trader, I usually pick route to or through systems where people are in.

RE: What is to do in the server? - Curios - 03-31-2014

Piracy dead = server dead

RE: What is to do in the server? - nOmnomnOm - 03-31-2014

(03-31-2014, 04:11 PM)Curios Wrote: Piracy dead = server dead

How is piracy dead?

And on that note.
If your bored like i was when playing lawfuls then join a pirate faction.

# thuglife

Most of my gameplay now is pirate / quasi-lawful.
way more fun.
much danger.

(03-31-2014, 04:29 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote:
(03-31-2014, 04:11 PM)Curios Wrote: Piracy dead = server dead

How is piracy dead?

And on that note.
If your bored like i was when playing lawfuls then join a pirate faction.

# thuglife

Most of my gameplay now is pirate / quasi-lawful.
way more fun.
much danger.
Because NY criminals are no longer pirating as pirates. They either pirate to have a reason to shoot or shoot to have reason to... oh. That does not need a reason.

RE: What is to do in the server? - Technogeist - 03-31-2014

I don't remember the last time I was pirated. I don't think I ever have been.. Hmm.