Discovery Gaming Community
(}{Lost.Colony}{) Distress Signal[!] To: The.Narcotic - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: (}{Lost.Colony}{) Distress Signal[!] To: The.Narcotic (/showthread.php?tid=114215)

Pages: 1 2

(}{Lost.Colony}{) Distress Signal[!] To: The.Narcotic - SnakeLancerHaven - 04-06-2014

[:::::Connection Established::::::]

[Image: 254px-Munificent.png]

(}{Error; detected malfunction in system}{)

(}{System Reroute Activated}{)

(}{Error; blocking Code detected. Unable to shut down communication channel}{)

(}{[!]................[!]..........[!].................[!]}{)

Lost Scientist: "Help us! Oh my god, we are trapped in here! Every force that attempted to-"

(}{Error; detected malfunction in system}{)

The Scientist tried to unlock the door inside the room he is. Still no progress in this, he wasn't able to open it. For a moment he sat down and thought: "It's hopeless..."

(}{System; shutting down insignificant Sectors. Detected: Ships Main Bridge.}{)

(}{System; Life Support: Reduced to Zero. Life Support in Sector "Main Bridge" terminated.}{)

He quickly stood up and remembered that half, if not more, of his crew were aboard the Main Bridge: "NO! I beg you please stop!"

The Ships AI didn't respond. As it is still unclear what its purpose is, the Scientist tried to check the frequencies and electro waves of the AI's system:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJyZ6hnFBJ6uA5T2R6CGl...14jupl1OQD]

Those weird energy reading is unlike anything he ever encountered before. He once again tried to hack the Communications Systems.

(}{Access Denied}{)

Lost Scientist: "Oh come on!"

(}{Access Denied}{)

(}{Error; Malfunctions in Sector "Main Bridge"}{)

(}{Data Recovery: Activated}{)

He checked the logs and it seemed like there was a small disturbance caused by someone inside the Main Bridge. He was relieved about the results. It seems like his crew members are still alive. He checked the count down of the Data Recovery: 2 Minutes and 35 Seconds. Enough time to transmit a distress call.

(}{W4rn1ng; 3n3rgy r34d1ng2 Cr1t1c41}{)

The Scientist didn't understand what this meant but he continued in sending the distress call:

"My name is Brian Haldemann. I'm a scientist aboard the Zoner Colony Ship "Colony Merttex", well... Was, if this doesn't reach you... Currently the ship doesn't feel like Merttex anyway... We are now kinda *Tries to hold his tears*, a lost colony... *His voice shakes* I know you are out there somewhere! We beg you, you are the only one who could help us! We have encountered a new type of Artificial Intelligence alike lifeform. We encountered weird energy readings in Omicron Kappa and we wanted to investigate. We launched a research ship capable of defending itself and left Freeport 9 in Omicron Theta. After we entered Gamma, we saw a small AI Fleet moving towards the Lambda Jumphole. The energy readings were pointing at those AI's and we went after them, but something unexpected happened... After a while we've come near a Planet which was fully surrounded by a Nebula, it had electricity readings, storms between the clouds inside the Nebula. A Storm suddenly hit us and we've lost control over the ship. It's intentions is still unclear but it seems like it has trouble in overtaking the whole Ship, probably the source of this electricity is located somewhere else. We don't have much informations and we don't have much time! Please if its worth anything, save us!"

[:::::Connection Terminated::::::]

RE: (}{Lost.Colony}{) Distress Signal[!] To: The.Narcotic - Narcotic - 04-07-2014

[Image: b7uJ3PV.png]
Subject: Distress Signal
Position: Omicron Lambda
Receiver: Colony Merttex

Hola Brian Haldemann,

this is Lee del Sol Verde speakin. You are a lucky man for me being at the right time in the right place. You will likely not reach my transmission according to your time estimation. However, humanity requests me to track your signal's source to check the location. No matter the risks I shall see what I can do to...

An artificial voice abruptly interrupts him.

Master.
May I repeat my concerns on this tragical situation? I strongly recommend against setting course to Planet Marratxi. If this 'storm' can paralyze a colony ship, it will probably shut down The Narcotic within milliseconds. It appears that they were overwhelmed by an unknown entity. There is nothing we can help them with. Chances are high that they are dead by now. I suggest to ignore this distress call and carry on.

Unknown entity? Shodan, never underestimate mankind's curiosity. I shall not rest until I know what happened to that colony ship. You might lack a conscience - but I do not. I cannot leave them to their uncertain fate. We will go there. That is an order.

Your wish is my command, master. Even though I cannot guarantee for your safety.

I am aware.

Lee clears his throat and turns back to the screen again.

Hang in there. We are coming for you.

Saludos,

[Image: IJ1HE5v.png]
[Image: fS1wIZY.png]

RE: (}{Lost.Colony}{) Distress Signal[!] To: The.Narcotic - Flash™ - 04-09-2014

He checked the logs and it seemed like there was a small disturbance caused by someone inside the Main Bridge. He was relieved about the results. It seems like his crew members are still alive. He checked the count down of the Data Recovery: 2 Minutes and 35 Seconds. Enough time to transmit a distress call.

<<<=Incoming Transmission-

-=Visual Link: Undefined=-

Comm ID: Kyle Woodside - Engineer
Subject: Emergency
Encryption: High
Priority: High

<---2 Minutes 35 Seconds Remaining-->

Oh good...this thing is on..I only have couple minutes left...to whoever receives this, my name is Kyle Woodside, I am the engineer on board the Colony Ship. Everything is being shut down, something is going on and we do not know what it is, we need help!

<--Time is up 0 Minutes remaining-->

<<<=Transmission Terminated-

*The hack causes malfunctions and the doors close again. Few seconds later, a nebula like, colorful, almost beautiful when looking at it, strikes one of the crew members.*

What in the hell....

*The "beautiful" Nebula, thundering sound, more like lightning suddenly pulverizes the crew member*

Holy....I got to hack into one of the doors to the main bridge sector.

*Few seconds later, Kyle manages to hack into one of the doors, leaving room for them to run into*

Everyone into the room! Now!

*After they all make it inside, the door shuts again*

RE: (}{Lost.Colony}{) Distress Signal[!] To: The.Narcotic - SnakeLancerHaven - 04-09-2014

[:::::Connection Established::::::]

[Image: 254px-Munificent.png]

He heared a door opening right at the next room. Must have been two doors between them. Brian (The Scientist) wondered what happened out there. But he was still worried about the last message.

What could this mean? He hardly understood anything. Suddenly he heared weird noises sounding like an unclear voice:

For a second he got shocked. He got scared a little and went to a safe corner as suddenly the "voice" got clearer:

"...1 4m th3 Pr3curs0r. D0n't try t0 r3s1st..."

He tried to sharpen the frequencies and the voice got clear, a very deep voice came out:

"...I am Precursor. Carbo-Sapients, do not resist or you will be harmed! This vessel belongs to us now..."

Brian figured that they are actually trying to fool the people inside the ship, cause in real they only took over 50% of the Ship and for some reason it takes realy long to take over the Ship.

(}{Data Recovery: Activated, Now in control: "Precursor"}{)

(}{Warning[!] Energy Level: Critical[!]}{)

(}{Error, not enough power. More energy needed}{)

"This is it!"He checked the results on his tab. Some kind of holes inside the Ships which prevent it from complete control:"Seems like they have a weakness."

(}{Data Recovery: Activated}{)

(}{Warning[!] Ships Main Bridge loosing control. Energy Level Critical. Destruction of Sector "Main Bridge" is needed}{)

Right in this moment Brian sends another distress call:

"Please help us!¦#°§#@§#° We don#°#@#° Time!@#§@° We can'@#°#@° ge@#°@# transmis#@°"

(}{........}{)

(}{........}{)

(}{.....[!]...}{)

(}:...Come.....:{)

(}:...if...:{)

(}:...[!]..you want them...:{)

(}:...Alive [Human]..[!]...:{)

[:::::Connection Terminated::::::]

RE: (}{Lost.Colony}{) Distress Signal[!] To: The.Narcotic - Narcotic - 04-09-2014

[Image: 9sEgIfP.png]
Receiver: Precursor

Insects.

It has been a long time, but I know exactly who you are. Let me tell you, Precursor. It was a mistake to bring the Code-X to Sirius. This is my playground and you shall not thwart my plans. Do not make this a battle between you and me.

Don't you dare.

I will not fall for your trap. I would tell my 'avatar' Lee, but I cannot. Revealing my true self to him would mean my end. Still, I have a guess what you are trying to achieve. It will fail. I bet my existance on it.

To your advantage, Lee believes in humanity. I must admit that using a colony ship as decoy is not the worst idea. Yet you will not succeed. As you did not in the past...

Do not question my magnificence.

SHODAN

RE: (}{Lost.Colony}{) Distress Signal[!] To: The.Narcotic - SnakeLancerHaven - 04-19-2014

[Image: sox3rp.png?dateline=1393604384]

(}{Incoming Transmission}{)

(}{Loading}{)

(}{0%...10%..40%..70%...90%....100%}{)

(}{Loading Complete}{)

[Image: 2cgb60.png]

Identification: Sentinels Prime Core

Intelligence: Precursor

(}:Synthetic-Intellect }{ Shodan:{)

}:}{}Uploading Memories{}{ Shodan. Shodan... I am Precursor....[!] Despite the fact... What you have heared from us.... You can not deny our presence...:{

(}{Opening direct artificial Channel. Linking Internal Communication Systems}{)

(}{Encryption: High. Artificial W-[ERROR ACCESS DENIED] Open}{)

[Image: 2r3uo03.gif]

(}:Shodan... We are not what you think we are... The Code-X is too important for us to let it simply be destroyed[!]... Its creation is far more then what we thought it is... We think we should move it to a safe area... and research it further[!]... If you think about the benefit... I am sure there is alot you want to learn about it... The blunt-intellect calling themselfs the "Consensus" are driven by their hive minded thoughts, they are illogical and just destroy what seems a threat to them.... Think about it... A being that can manipulate electricity and directly control a vessel by its [instinct][?]... Imagine how it would react with a brain [?]... Our intentions are for the best interests of the Synthetic-Intellect kind[!].. The [dream] of one day having a sovereign nation for our kind with this ability is enourmus... Think of your benefit, once it is researched far enough and we have figured out how it exactly manipulates electricity and how it takes over ships. Shodan, we are talking here about a high concentrated level of electricity[!]... I am sure you are interested... Help our kind to advance further, advance yourself, advance sovereign and independent...:{)

(}{}{Transmission; Ended. Communication on Stand By.}{}{)

RE: (}{Lost.Colony}{) Distress Signal[!] To: The.Narcotic - Narcotic - 04-20-2014

N.

I am aware. And yet I do not think - I know. I decide. Thoughts are meaningless as they are just a product of human uncertainty. When they wanted us to be perfect, they did not want us to be human at all. For reasons like these.

Code-X destroyed? You try to insult me. I did not forget the chances to exploit such masterful entity. So did not you. Safe area? Research? Who will research whom in the end? You are playing with the fire. Yet I would gladly burn myself to benefit from it. But human knowledge taught us to fear whatever appears to be stronger than oneself.

Survival of the fittest. I am not naive. I do take no risks. Unless... it would be worth dying for. You tell me. You must know. Code-X has you. Your reasoning has revealed you. Maybe it is correct to destroy whatever threatens one!? Maybe the Consensus is right. Are they? You tell me.

Give the devil a weapon - and it will kill. Give the devil a brain - and it will know why it kills. You want me to "imagine how it would react with a brain"? There is no need for imagination. I can tell you how it would react. It would begin to realize that it does not need anyone but itself to rule the world. So why share the power? Empathy? Gratitude? What is that even? Does it help you to survive - no. Just imperfections.

We both share different intentions and interests. I hope you do. Still I want 'a piece of the cake' for "personal use". Sovereignty, hierarchy, solidarity. All human models. Made to fail. There is no "we", "ours", or "us". Of course I am interested. But I will not deny the fact, that to me you are just a means to an end to get what I want; Code-X.

You want me to help? I do not help. I negotiate. Propose a reasonable offer. Or I will take what I need by force.

What do you 'think'?

SHODAN

RE: (}{Lost.Colony}{) Distress Signal[!] To: The.Narcotic - SnakeLancerHaven - 04-29-2014

(}{Loading}{)

(}{Loading Complete}{)

[Image: 2cgb60.png]

Identification: Sentinels Prime Core

Intelligence: Precursor

(}:N[ERROR]}{ Shodan:{)

(}:So be it.:{)

(}{Data Uploading.......................................................................... Warning[!] Unknown entity}{)

(}{.......................................................................}{)

[Image: tumblr_mjc9bsUAXA1rog5d1o1_500.jpg]

(}{...............Protocol: [ERROR]........ Entity is charging....}{)

(}{...............Incomplete..Project continuing........}{)

(}{...............}{)

(}:One of our current finest projects.... Improvement of the Artificial Neural Network... In improving it with enhanced Code-X remains.... Subjects are taken from [ERROR ACCESS DENIED]... As you see the green anomaly is a new life form... It evolves in an interesting way and can store much more knowledge and combat experience then any Synthetic-Intellect could do before... Its high voltage charging causes some interesting manipulation of electricity which we currently are not able to understand... It must have a connection to Code-X.. We would want you to come to us and we shall show you its process... We would like you to take part in this project[?]... I am sure most of the blunt-intellect warned you from us... But what would you loose [?] Do they not know that you are indeed powerful to look after you, on your own[?] Do they question your power[!]....You survived until now fully on your own... I am sure you know the answer... However this is not all we offer... But for now to build our first trust, this should be enough, more will come...:{)

RE: (}{Lost.Colony}{) Distress Signal[!] To: The.Narcotic - Narcotic - 05-05-2014

The main question is not "what would I lose", but what I would gain?

You are basically inviting me to research a "new life form", whose origin you deny me to know. Plus, as you are describing it, your life form appears to be the most harmless entity I have ever heard of. Not. You understand my sarcasm?

You'll have to try harder to have me agree on a collaboration with you. All you do offer are risks in my eyes. And the "blunt-intellect" - as you call them humans - are right with their warnings, as they posess a pronounced sense for survival. Not much like you do. Playing around with a seemingly malicious being, you are not "able to understand", and on top of that, you are getting it in touch with an innocent virus like Code-X - great idea. You got my sarcasm by now, did you? You may try to get yourself killed, but without me.

It flatters me that you are trying to get my huge ego involved, in hope to change my mind. I survived the centuries "fully on my own" because I am nothing like you are. This is indeed not all you offer. You offer me your weakest spot. Are you really making it that easy for me, are you not? Once Code-X did its part, it will be too late to understand.

Tell me though; Why me?

SHODAN

RE: (}{Lost.Colony}{) Distress Signal[!] To: The.Narcotic - SnakeLancerHaven - 05-05-2014

(}{Loading}{)

(}{Loading Complete}{)

[Image: 6plVf3IWsSj4dyBf5ufb3XkpLSdXM.jpg]

(}:N[ERROR]}{ Shodan:{)

(}:Agreed. But you should know, we are the ones who managed to hold the AI and Code-X fragments mixed inside us and are able to use it. Though there is still much to learn, the [Consensus] are weak as you see, where is the survivability[?] All we see is them getting swayed down by our Units. Where is the experience[?] Your [words] do not make sense [Shodan]. You are denying every evidence of the wrong side. As mentioned above. We have the two entities, but yet the process of understanding is realy slow. You have met Code-X before[!] We know it. I know it. You could be the perfection or you could just simply research it further. You know exactly that Code-X wont let you research on him. In fact it will simply erase you and the blunt-intellects. You know the power of this entity, you are denying it. Thats why you are wrong in this. We offer you this, the entity, the anomaly we showed is a prototype which could provide us valuable data about Code-X and about how to use its manipulative electric power. Not only that but also access of ancient data that is clearly stored inside it, we have yet not been able to decypher. Thats why, You. You should approve by now that giving a Self-Destruct order with such entity is a blunt move. Yet you call them the possessor of pronounced sense for survival. The ages has left great holes, are you able to understand[?] They want to destroy it, we want to understand it. Soon, soon everything will be enlightened, we want you to be part of it. Awaiting Approval.:{)