Discovery Gaming Community
Jumpdrives crazy idea - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Jumpdrives crazy idea (/showthread.php?tid=114506)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Jumpdrives crazy idea - Sath - 04-15-2014

This whole thing looks like the suicide bombing scenario. Also, that is pretty much impossible given the current system, since in a huge fleet battle, the enemy BS will be spread out on all the sides, and the jumping radius is very less for a JD4 group jump. Relaistically you cant just align yourself against another enemy BS without getting roasted in the process. Also, if this thing manages to pull through a couple of times, whole of playerbase will be alert when you start approaching them with a JD4 aboard.

Like, you cant always fool a player for successive times. And again, there is a most probable chance that you will loose more of your ship if you are going to do this in game. As in a single BS battle, this wont be much necessary, but in huge battles, you can, at max get one BS of the enemy side to jump along with you. If you are the loosing side, loosing another BS is a huge blow for your side. This is given the current situation and JD4 limits.

As far as I can think from the top of my head, this can be only accomplished if the Group Jumping distance is increased very significantly and you can manage to sneak through the enemy defense without actually getting noticed(might need some cloak for that). Which, given the present situation is not very viable.

RE: Jumpdrives crazy idea - gekerd - 04-15-2014

Or give every jumpdrive the option to make an emergency jump, but as soon as you use it your ship will only have 10% health left on everything and you end up in a random location.

RE: Jumpdrives crazy idea - Highland Laddie - 04-15-2014

Quote:Or give every jumpdrive the option to make an emergency jump, but as soon as you use it your ship will only have 10% health left on everything and you end up in a random location.

I like that idea!

I'd also suggest making the emergency jump have a damage bubble (maybe 1000m or so) that could also injure surrounding vessels to a lesser degree. Be a neat "fire ship" option.

RE: Jumpdrives crazy idea - SnakeLancerHaven - 04-19-2014

What about Humanity finaly beeing able to jump like they could back in Sol? Big Grin I don't think it's a bad idea, you see that the technology is finaly advancing, back in Sol they could jump even in fighters. It's like humanity slowly getting up again.

Also it would be badass funny, I think we'd have some realy funny pictures from this, imagine like you try to jump out from a fight half way dieing and suddenly jump into another Battle and get insta killed XD you never know what'll happen.

RE: Jumpdrives crazy idea - Flox Corp - 04-19-2014

(04-19-2014, 07:36 PM)Snake Wrote: What about Humanity finaly beeing able to jump like they could back in Sol? Big Grin I don't think it's a bad idea, you see that the technology is finaly advancing, back in Sol they could jump even in fighters. It's like humanity slowly getting up again.

Also it would be badass funny, I think we'd have some realy funny pictures from this, imagine like you try to jump out from a fight half way dieing and suddenly jump into another Battle and get insta killed XD you never know what'll happen.

Best idea ever.
Get the admins in here.
Id buy a jumpdrive just for that.
+1

RE: Jumpdrives crazy idea - pipsqueak - 04-20-2014

An interesting solution to this is in FWTOW. All ships can create virtual tradelane......

I am assuming in disco if you allow command carriers to create something like this they would have the added functionality of moving an armada within a system (with 1 minute cool down). Get together 200 below plane......Have the carrier class create virtual gate for all the ships to make an in system jump to a specific location within that system.

This just increases all the rp possibilities.

Current hyper jumps are op.
Moving to attack enemy....let them do the work. jump from jumpgate to jumpgate...from edge systems between houses it is only 2 jumps...

Here is what they have.... minus the current worm hole effects...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRPglefcddA

Edit: LOL make this item take away 5k cargo so only the leanest of trains can do this ha ha ha

RE: Jumpdrives crazy idea - Veygaar - 04-20-2014

You can charge while moving...
...hell you can jump while moving.

This is already doable.

RE: Jumpdrives crazy idea - SnakeLancerHaven - 04-20-2014

Meh more awesome thing would be actual artificial wormholes like back in Starlancer. A Wormhole appears infront of you and you travel in speed like you're inside a tradelane, would actually be an awesome idea! Hell yeah Wormhole Activater or something which needs like 500 Fuel hahah! That'd be so awesome Big Grin This would make the omicrons realy cool to visit since they have no trade lanes around. Imagine by pressing CTRL + O a big shining circle appears and your speed increases suddenly after getting through the Wormhole the usual Trade Lane Effect appears and it wont end until u press esc and cancel the jump imo. Would also be a cool option for those who Random Jump, because sometimes you appear 300k away from the planets q_q and having there such option would make life easier.

RE: Jumpdrives crazy idea - Acqiran - 04-20-2014

(04-20-2014, 11:19 AM)Snake Wrote: Meh more awesome thing would be actual artificial wormholes like back in Starlancer. A Wormhole appears infront of you and you travel in speed like you're inside a tradelane, would actually be an awesome idea! Hell yeah Wormhole Activater or something which needs like 500 Fuel hahah! That'd be so awesome Big Grin This would make the omicrons realy cool to visit since they have no trade lanes around. Imagine by pressing CTRL + O a big shining circle appears and your speed increases suddenly after getting through the Wormhole the usual Trade Lane Effect appears and it wont end until u press esc and cancel the jump imo. Would also be a cool option for those who Random Jump, because sometimes you appear 300k away from the planets q_q and having there such option would make life easier.

I can just imagine some guy relaxing in his ship and WABAM

Instakilled by a random player going 999999999999 mph.

Edit: Battering Ram Combat? I think yes!

RE: Jumpdrives crazy idea - lIceColon - 04-21-2014

(04-20-2014, 09:45 PM)Acqiran Wrote: I can just imagine some guy relaxing in his ship and WABAM

Instakilled by a random player going 999999999999 mph.

Edit: Battering Ram Combat? I think yes!

I'm thinkin - if you could somehow target a stationary ship that is far away... Perhaps through a LF scout which scans its coordinates - or hell, trajectory if it is moving constantly, and then have the scout send out the engagement notice the instant you enter warp to ram the crap outta it... It would be amazing.
And it would also make you feel like a space sniper.