Discovery Gaming Community
Could we have a better explosion for POBs pls? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Could we have a better explosion for POBs pls? (/showthread.php?tid=114816)

Pages: 1 2

Could we have a better explosion for POBs pls? - Hone - 04-25-2014

Just a small request, POBs take much longer to blow up and build than a BS, but their explosion is disappointingly small. I know its not a major issue, but Id say they're worth a bigger bang eh?

RE: Could we have a better explosion for POBs pls? - Altejago - 04-25-2014

Dude, sounds like you on a Saturday night in town;

All dressed up, spent ages looking pretty. Go to town, meets girl. Buys her a drink and start talking, things progress and the night ends. You call you both a cab home but wait!

She's gives you a peck on the check and turns around and walks off.

What are you complaining about Hone, you should be used to anticlimaxes now.

Stop being that lonely nerd with these half assed ideas and just... I dunno, buy a bride and be happy about it.
Quietly. Away from here.

RE: Could we have a better explosion for POBs pls? - lIceColon - 04-25-2014

I think there should be 10 minute long dramatic explosions for fighters, primarily to reward the snub duels that go on for 2 hours.

RE: Could we have a better explosion for POBs pls? - Acqiran - 04-25-2014

How about we let Aerelm work on stuff that actually matters instead of wasting his time with POB explosions?

Or not, whatever...

RE: Could we have a better explosion for POBs pls? - Hone - 04-25-2014

(04-25-2014, 03:53 AM)Mr. Altejago Wrote: Dude, sounds like you on a Saturday night in town;

All dressed up, spent ages looking pretty. Go to town, meets girl. Buys her a drink and start talking, things progress and the night ends. You call you both a cab home but wait!

She's gives you a peck on the check and turns around and walks off.

What are you complaining about Hone, you should be used to anticlimaxes now.

Stop being that lonely nerd with these half assed ideas and just... I dunno, buy a bride and be happy about it.
Quietly. Away from here.

Oh man thats a good one! I actually laughed a bit during the main rant, but the ending was a bit lame. Or- was that?

Oh you sly dog!

RE: Could we have a better explosion for POBs pls? - Death.RunningVerminator - 04-25-2014

Whoa Hone... You're still at it with these polls? Damn man, some things never change huh?

RE: Could we have a better explosion for POBs pls? - SnakThree - 04-25-2014

Could not care less what kind of explosion it makes. What makes sieges unique is that cooperation of huge scale can take place in small area. Boom. Activity hub. Temporary.

RE: Could we have a better explosion for POBs pls? - Alley - 04-25-2014

(04-25-2014, 05:42 AM)Snak3 Wrote: What makes sieges unique is that cooperation of huge scale can take place in small area. Boom. Activity hub. Temporary.

This would have been a valid justification eight months ago.

With the recent server issues, it's safe to assume that most bases were not heavily supplied with some probably left to rot. Quite frankly I don't see why anyone should have to deal with time consuming supplying + terrible server stability.

All I'm seeing here is Hone exploiting the above. As usual he just want to be the cool kid of the hood but it just end up with terrible decisions from him.

As for the initial purpose of the thread, I guess it would be more satisfying but taking down a real, supplied and defended base should be what feels satisfying.

RE: Could we have a better explosion for POBs pls? - Tabris - 04-25-2014

Personally I think it's fine. If we change the code too much it may lead to as Half-Life 2's G-Man so wonderfully put it "Unforeseen Consequences". I'd rather not tamper with something that has the potential to be a MAJOR source of headaches for both players AND Devs.

On a side-note: Yes Alley I do not deny that Hone may have taken advantage of the situation due to the inability of suppliers to maintain a steady rate of goods to their bases, however there is little anyone can do legally as he DID post an attack thread no-matter how lacking it was in elegance. The worst he will likely receive is a wave of the finger by some people and perhaps yelling at by those who are returning to Discovery upon hearing of the Server's stabilization. However he shall deal with any consequences that shall come from this himself, and when/if it does happen then it is up to him and those involved to sort it out. *shrug*

RE: Could we have a better explosion for POBs pls? - Connor - 04-25-2014

With each core size, there should be a large boom. Core one having the smallest one with Core 5 having the largest. Maybe when a core 4 or 5 base blows up, everyone's screen turns white for a second and then returns back to normal?