Discovery Gaming Community
Starcraft Ships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Starcraft Ships (/showthread.php?tid=11533)

Starcraft Ships - Piers Arkan - 08-23-2008

it would be totally awesome to fly around in a protoss carrier, or a terran ship, and have all the protoss and terran ships for sale.

Starcraft Ships - Tenacity - 08-23-2008

they dont really like imports here, though I was planning on trying to get the nomad (starcraft nomad, not FL nomad) partially designed for this mod, since it would be an awesome repair ship mk2

Starcraft Ships - Sand_Spider - 08-23-2008

Yeah, umm...

First off, you would have to get someone who is willing to make models of all those ships.

Second, Igiss said there is to be no more imported ships (like star wars ships) introduced into the mod. In fact, some of the modelers here at discovery are working on replacements for ships that are imports (For example, someone was working on replacing most the BHG cap-ships, because they are the Star Wars "Correlian Corvette" ship that is just slightly different for each ship class)

Starcraft Ships - Ascendancy - 08-23-2008

As much as I think it'd be fun to fly a little Protoss Interceptor (you know, the one that comes out of the Carrier) or Terran Wraith, I'd rather see original designs that the Discovery developers are already doing. I'm sure far down the road we'll have all the imports replaced with original Disco designs, so that we have none whatsoever and have Discovery be more unique.

So, as much as I'd love to fly one of those ships, I'd rather they didn't show up here.

Starcraft Ships - Tenacity - 08-23-2008

I've been working on designing a ship based on the nomad from starcraft 2, shown here:

[Image: 2ag4txl.jpg]

It wont be exactly the same, but I think a ship like that would make an excellent freelancer repair ship.

Starcraft Ships - Orin - 08-23-2008

Honestly, I like a lot of the imports.:unsure:

The Homeworld ships are great for Freelancer I think (that said, I'm not flying any right now), I would hate to see them ever taken out. Ships like the BHG Corvette, as long as it doesn't call it by its Star Wars name, I have no qualms.

Now, as much as I think the Viper Mk-II looks great and all, I don't like that particular import. It's too recognizable. You might as well throw in an X-wing, or a Star Trek shuttle, or the Millenium Falcon for that matter. You look at it and immediately place it with its original mythos. (The CR would be pills if it was taken out though, unfortunately)

Put short: I think less recognizable ships, like the Homeworld line, work fine in Freelancer.

/edit: That looks like an excellent idea, Tenacity. I've played SC, but I don't recognize that ship very well. Paste a different name on the info card, tweak the design slightly, and you've got a great addition to the Disco universe.

Starcraft Ships - Tenacity - 08-24-2008

Quote:/edit: That looks like an excellent idea, Tenacity. I've played SC, but I don't recognize that ship very well. Paste a different name on the info card, tweak the design slightly, and you've got a great addition to the Disco universe.

It's a repair/scout style ship being put into starcraft 2, which isnt released yet:

www.starcraft2.com

Starcraft Ships - Orin - 08-24-2008

' Wrote:It's a repair/scout style ship being put into starcraft 2, which isnt released yet:

www.starcraft2.com
Ah, my mistake.

But the statement stands. Not everyone even plays SC1-2. And I think the ones who do still might be pleasantly surprised to see a ship or two from it.

I say, leave out the overly recognizable vessels- like the Millenium Falcon- and take it easy with the rest. I still the majority should be originals.