Discovery Gaming Community
What is the amount of RP needed to destroy a base? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: What is the amount of RP needed to destroy a base? (/showthread.php?tid=115913)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

What is the amount of RP needed to destroy a base? - Lord.MacRae - 05-27-2014

Hello,

I have read all the posts and even the decision of the admins about Hone and his lack of RP prior destroying PoBs.
Now I want two know what is the expected/needed RP before destroying months of work of other players.

Is it one hour and one post with two sentences?
Is it two days and three posts 20 sentences?
Is it 7 days and 10 posts and 50 sentences?

I just want to know what is adequate to destroy months of work, hundreds of supply transports, millions of credits, the bond to that work and all the fun the builders perhaps had.

So, Hone is strictly forbidden to destroy any base now, but I am convinced that this was not enough to get some people here to reflect about that topic.

I do believe that this is not enough!
Certainly not for people calling and tagging themselves as "lawful"...
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=115808

Please admins, I understand that specifying the requirements is very difficult, but perhaps you could start with setting a needed period from the post in the attack declaration thread to the beginning of the destruction.

I have to mention, I do not have anything to do with the base currently attacked, but I am shocked how easy and selfish some people here behave to get just their own pleasure and give a damn on other peoples RP.

If everyone here is thinking that 2 days are enough two answer, to arrange a defence, to even realize that there is an attack coming, I am sorry for that post and I will keep my mouth shut from now on.

Evening,
Lord Duncan MacRae

RE: What is the amount of RP needed to destroy a base? - Sath - 05-27-2014

Welcome to the internet.

Where emotions are no reason to justify your position. The only you can do about it(the base siege) is that, when people be a dick to you, you be a dick to them in return.

Simple as that. If they destroy your base, remember it and be a dick to them when and where possible. That is the only way you could go after. Things like "being ill, overlooking posts" are just not a reason that people will listen to here. Internet is a cold hearted place with no rose gardens. In return, if you feel that they destroy your fun, you destroy theirs. Quietly and effectively.

Since, this is not a sanctionable offence, and all you have in your backup is the reason of negligence. The community will frown upon the word "ill in hospital, overlooked" by reasoning that a base should be run by more than one person, be more RP and so on. Writing this thread would have definitely upped your emotions a bit more and your mind would be inclined to people lining up in your defence and badmouth the ones in question. Nah....it will be a different story. People will just be a dick to you here as well.

And as tough as it may be, people look over others emotions for reasoning and logic. They will come up with whatever reasoning, logic they can give against your emotional stride of words just because, arguing over the internet, is cool fun for them and everyone else. This thread will produce a lot of backfiring, and I promise you that, you will not feel the satisfaction that you might have expected when you were making this thread.

So, instead of making threads out of emotional instability, expecting people to feel pathetic for you(no offense, that is the main reason for the creation of this thread, though your heart may disapprove of it), and instead getting abuse and elitist bullying in the end, just go for a walk, have a sandwich or something. Come back and think about what you can do to them. Return their favour and believe me, that is a more satisfying feeling than being emotional in front of a crowd that just wants to shit on peoples emotions.

Do it, the cool way 8|

RE: What is the amount of RP needed to destroy a base? - Fifty. - 05-27-2014

I believe two days are enough. If someone has enough spare time to build and maintain a base, he can surely find the time to respond/register the base/organize a defence force etc.
(05-27-2014, 08:52 PM)Lord.MacRae Wrote: Certainly not for people calling and tagging themselves as "lawful"...

This is, in my opinion, a RP joke and an evidence of incapacity for some beings of this RP community. They do not care if the person demanded to answer is perhaps ill in hospital, has no time for a week because of some exams, does not check the forum every day, or perhaps, just overlooked that post?!
(05-27-2014, 08:52 PM)Lord.MacRae Wrote: ..

I have to mention, I do not have anything to do with the base currently attacked...

You are then attacking the RP capabilities of certain players, overlooking the fact you replied in a RP transmission not directed at you.
So, tell me, to what extent do you have the right the critically assess other people's RP quality, while you can't successfully conform to the general RP guidelines of the community?

RE: What is the amount of RP needed to destroy a base? - Lord.MacRae - 05-27-2014

(05-27-2014, 09:19 PM)Moriarty. Wrote: they destroy your base

Hi Moriaty, no it is not my base and yes I react kind of emotional as I do not get it into my mind that 2 days should be enough to destroy months of work. I tend to have a strong feeling for justice, or right or wrong so to say.

Also that was directed to the lately happening discussions about exactly that topic. How much RP is needed to do that. I just want to hear opinions of other players.
Decision of the admins was, Hone's RP was not enough. And I prosecute 2 days deadline is also not enough.

There is not much time needed probably, as I have seen some bases being attacked the day after a warning was given to them. As I said in a general view, people will just argue with you(as you can see already), since your thread is being more emotional than just a "how long do you need to wait for before attacking a base" Q&A thread.

It is better to be silent and do things(revenge or whatever in that sense) silently than expressing your feelings over the internet. Nothing productive will ever come out of it.

RE: What is the amount of RP needed to destroy a base? - NOVA-5 - 05-27-2014

A few posts & two days from a panic stricken server is a bit over the top for a base that's stood legal for
so long under the protection of Bretonia, i wonder why has it took this long for them to put the boot in?

A.C.A.B

RE: What is the amount of RP needed to destroy a base? - Lord.MacRae - 05-27-2014

(05-27-2014, 09:39 PM)Moriarty. Wrote: There is not much time needed

I am exactly judging that fact and ask if anyone other has the feeling that there should be a give minimal time period. Emotions can also be something good and helpful, exactly what I miss in some people.

(05-27-2014, 09:42 PM)Lord.MacRae Wrote: Emotions can also be something good and helpful, exactly what I miss over the internet

Fixed that for you. Never expect positive and soothing comments from people you have never met in real life. That never happens, in most of the cases. I guess you got your answer already, and if you further want answer for the "2 days is not enough" query.....nothing can be done about it, and that is the part where most of the people will argue against.

Good luck convincing them to change it/look over it/feel emotional in return for it.

RE: What is the amount of RP needed to destroy a base? - Lythrilux - 05-27-2014

If I'm honest, base RP is still not ironed out very well. Hone showed that it can be abused and isn't really a buffer. Therefore, we ask ourselves, should we put a time limit between declaration of the attack and the attack itself? However, won't that just needlessly make the owner start to seriously buff up his base?

RE: What is the amount of RP needed to destroy a base? - Apollon - 05-27-2014

You're probably taking things from the OORP perspective, take this way, would any military power stay silent against a base that doesn't allow them to dock on? having a base that doesn't give them rights to dock is a serious matter of violation to national security, It means that there's a big possibility of Unlawful actions, and even maybe treason.

48 hours are a fair time for the owner of the base to reply, as military faction RP every second counts, and it's the age of quickness now,.
A base is a big responsibility, You may have taken months in building it, But if you don't respect the rules and laws regarding the base, you should expect something like this.

And don't bring any base destruction RP to the Hone incident