Discovery Gaming Community
The end of zonerzonerzoner - Rewrite the Zoner ID - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: The end of zonerzonerzoner - Rewrite the Zoner ID (/showthread.php?tid=116008)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

The end of zonerzonerzoner - Rewrite the Zoner ID - Lythrilux - 05-30-2014

New and improved anti-zonerzonerzoner Zoner ID Wrote:Pilot carrying this quasi-lawful ID is a Zoner, who:
- Can attack any ship in self-defense, to protect another Zoner ship, or in defense of Zoner bases.
- Cannot bring cruisers, carriers or battleships into systems with 2 or more jump gates with the exception of systems with a Zoner base.
- Cannot dock transports with more than 3,600 cargo within any House, except on GMG, IMG or Zoner bases.
- Cannot participate in unlawful actions except as described above.
Of course, this ID would not apply in the same way to Zoner officials.

Result:
  • No more Zoner powertraders dancing around in house space
  • No more Zoner capitals flying into house space
  • More logical RP sense, less lolwutty caps in house space and less Zoner powertraders. Hopefully this means we will have more people using the ID for the sake of RP, rather than caps or trading
  • More reason to join a Zoner official faction.

House space:

Liberty
New York
Alaska
California
Colorado
Ontario
Texas
Alberta
Illinois
Kansas
Minnesota
New Hampshire
Pennsylvania
Virginia

Bretonia
New London
Cambridge
Dublin
Leeds
Manchester
Newcastle
Dundee
Edinburgh
Poole
Salisbury

Kusari
New Tokyo
Hokkaido
Honshu
Kyushu
Shikoku
Fukuoka
Hiroshima
Nagano
Oita
Tottori

Rheinland
New Berlin
Dresden
Frankfurt
Hamburg
Munich
Stuttgart
Braunschweig
Bremen
Halle
Koeln

Gallia
Ile-de-France
Berry
Burgundy
Maine
Orleanais
Picardy
Anjou
Artois
Auvergne
Corse
Franche-Comte
Savoie

Edits:
Changed the places Zoner caps can't go from systems containing a jump gate to just house space.
Changed from Zoners not being allowed to go to house space, to just systems with 2 or more jump gates.
Added "with the exception of Zoner bases on the capital ship restriction line"

RE: The end of zonerzonerzoner - Rewrite the Zoner ID - 7AlphaOne1 - 05-30-2014

Yuss!

one small thing, give them freedom in Omegas, Sigmas and Taus.

RE: The end of zonerzonerzoner - Rewrite the Zoner ID - Mercarryn - 05-30-2014

(05-30-2014, 09:57 AM)Lythrilux Wrote:
New and improved anti-zonerzonerzoner Zoner ID Wrote:Pilot carrying this quasi-lawful ID is a Zoner, who:
- Can attack any ship in self-defense, to protect another Zoner ship, or in defense of Zoner bases.
- Cannot bring cruisers, carriers or battleships into systems containing a jump gate.
- Cannot dock transports with more than 3,600 cargo within any House, except on GMG, IMG or Zoner bases.
Of course, this ID would not apply in the same way to Zoner officials.

Result:
  • No more Zoner powertraders dancing around in house space
  • No more Zoner capitals flying into house space
  • More logical RP sense, less lolwutty caps in house space and less Zoner powertraders. Hopefully this means we will have more people using the ID for the sake of RP, rather than caps or trading
  • More reason to join a Zoner official faction.

Like Seven already said, your proposed Zoner ID should like this:

- Cannot bring cruisers, carriers or battleships into primary house systems and Gallic Borderworlds

With the sentence "Cannot bring cruisers, carriers or battleships into primary house systems and Gallic Borderworlds" the Zoner capital ships can move through Sigmas and Taus if necessary, while most of house space is off limits to them. That should still.
And with "primary house space" I mean the bold systems considered house space for ID docking rules.

RE: The end of zonerzonerzoner - Rewrite the Zoner ID - Zen_Mechanics - 05-30-2014

Do you people even have evidence of such lolwuts? Please stop opening these threads on false ideas and past events. Zoner caps are fine as they are. Now go find something else.

RE: The end of zonerzonerzoner - Rewrite the Zoner ID - 7AlphaOne1 - 05-30-2014

(05-30-2014, 10:53 AM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote: Do you people even have evidence of such lolwuts? Please stop opening these threads on false ideas and past events. Zoner caps are fine as they are. Now go find something else.

Tel , I have pics of a Neph going into Z21 and engaging LNS cruisers. I will send over the pics as soon as I get back to my pc.

p.s.Plus, this is about zoner caps in house space. does it even make sense for a Nephilim in house space? I know of the no-dock rule, but that hasnt discouraged people who shouldve picked conn instead of NY/House space. hence, Open id changes.

RE: The end of zonerzonerzoner - Rewrite the Zoner ID - Jansen - 05-30-2014

(05-30-2014, 10:53 AM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote: Do you people even have evidence of such lolwuts? Please stop opening these threads on false ideas and past events. Zoner caps are fine as they are. Now go find something else.

Do you want to base it on future events? You likely wouldnt want people to do that as we are rather bad at forecasting.

I like the idea, though why do you want to exclude the Gallic Border worlds? I think that could provide some funny things and something to do for Gallic factions.

RE: The end of zonerzonerzoner - Rewrite the Zoner ID - Lythrilux - 05-30-2014

I'll add the borderworlds, gonna make an edit.

RE: The end of zonerzonerzoner - Rewrite the Zoner ID - Core_One - 05-30-2014

(05-30-2014, 11:05 AM)Jansen Wrote: I like the idea, though why do you want to exclude the Gallic Border worlds? I think that could provide some funny things and something to do for Gallic factions.

Because there's Orkney entry protected by Station and minefield and Languedoc entry guarded by Battleship... Maybe Lorraine...

RE: The end of zonerzonerzoner - Rewrite the Zoner ID - Zen_Mechanics - 05-30-2014

I did ask for evidence. We can't allow such a major change without actually having evidence to support it cant we? And this is just about one guy doing silly things, thats not going to be enough. Plus, I think its rather suspicious that people keep using that lolwut card all the time, and the fact that this topic is so old and already known to be false because most people are against zoners in general, I can only attribute to the unbelievable tolorence and plain good manners of the official zoner factions. J, I think we both know that such things can be sorted out inrp at the present moment, instead of being weak and asking the devs/admins to do it for them. You mean to tell me that the house police can't handle such thing? well perhaps they are no longer qualified? - Also, I have not seen such a major nuisance from the police about these caps, and I did my research. If it was a major concern we would have seen the reports by now.

RE: The end of zonerzonerzoner - Rewrite the Zoner ID - Sath - 05-30-2014

)))))

If you want something more, I can wait around NY for some more days to get these type of uber cool pics, maybe later.