Discovery Gaming Community
DELETE - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: DELETE (/showthread.php?tid=117571)

Pages: 1 2

DELETE - Vredes - 07-07-2014

DELETE

RE: Joel Lugo's Autobiography - Vredes - 07-09-2014

DELETE

RE: Joel Lugo's Autobiography - Vredes - 07-09-2014

DELETE

RE: Joel Lugo's Autobiography - Vredes - 07-11-2014

DELETE

RE: K. J. Lugo's Biography - Vredes - 07-11-2014

DELETE

RE: Joel Lugo's Autobiography - Vredes - 07-17-2014

DELETE

RE: Joel Lugo's Autobiography - Vredes - 07-29-2014

DELETE

RE: Joel Lugo's Autobiography - Vredes - 08-15-2014

Man is his own worst enemy,
deeper into the ship

[Image: medical1.jpg]

We found the medical center, finally, it was time to find out what happened on this damned ship. Medical logs... we found none of those. Like there were no earlier casualties or someone deleted them all. Before I had the chance to report on the big nothing I've found, some of the other recruits shouted "I found something!". It looked like a backdoor to some kind of laboratory, a madman's work. There was a table with a human body on it, it was split open. There was blood everywhere, and in the corner there was someone lying. We weren't taking any chances, we proceeded with caution. He turned out to be some kind of a doctor or a scientist, he was with his throat ripped, like with human teeth, small bites. How cruel could this place get? In his hand we found a data driver. We plugged the device in which we found a voice record...

Sound File Attached:

Voice Record: Dr. Samuel Dumont:

...This is... this is Dr. Dumont... I... I've finally done it. I've found... a way to manipulate the nomad incubus... it took me some time... but it is done! Sadly no one on this ship... will be alive to tell that story.

...These new incubuses grow faster... reproduce faster... with a limited brain activity... they are mindless beasts!

..Cannot be controlled, not by me... nor by their creators.

...They are... dangerous, this ship and this crew is lost... but if there is a chance that someone has survived, please if someone even found this recording, I've made a new compound, a mixture... I've plugged it to the life support systems, it is harmless to humans, but deadly to this new... breed.

...If someone really found this message please go to the bridge and spray this mixture through the vents. If anyone has survived this.... accident. It is the least I can do.

...I am trapped, and they are coming, i don't think... I don't think I will make it out of this alive, but if there is a chance someone... else to, search the ship... oh god they are coming...*static*...

Voice Record Ended.

[Image: bridge.jpg]

The message was clear, even if there were no survivors, this would kill all those abominations. We could have some use of this ship and it's data. I turned around and by the time I had to suggest leaving to the bridge, one more of the recruits was missing. These things were not only faster, but silent as well. Our numbers were getting thin. Only 5 of us remained and we had to reach the bridge. The corridors were getting wider as we were closing to the bridge, the only good news today other than that coffee I had earlier. There was no place for a mistake here, if we were overwhelmed without switching the vents on, we would have been dead, as the hatches to which our ships were attached were too far from our position and the bridge itself. After a few minutes, the halls were getting bigger and more prank looking, not like the medical center or the lower parts of the ship. Finally we reached the bridge. All the information we needed would have been here... and we heard a noise. Two of those freaks was chewing onto one of our guys'... his eyes... dead... we shot them out as soon as possible, but he was already dead. Damn, we can keep losing people like that, this madness need to end. We hacked into the logs and the ships database, as well as the life support and the vents. Reading the database I found... some quite interesting things. Apparently no one knew what was the doctor doing behind the scenes. The data store said that this was a Yacht, named LLY-Dolphin, hired by some businessmen for a trip deep into the Omicrons to see the wonders of the Edge Worlds. It seems their vacation didn't went well. We checked for life readings in the ship. Other than us there was no one human. All of the readings were either from some strange creatures, the incubuses, or from humans from which there was some strange energy, probably the incubus' readings. There was no one else. As much as I disliked these greedyl, fat bastards, no one deserves to die this way. After opening the vents we saw all of those abominations died in a throe. Not a single one was left alive.

[Image: dolp.jpg]

It seemed that the ship's navigation as well as engines were barely working. It was our best shot I think. And it could have served some purpose. Engines lighted up, navigation operational, coordinates set to Dabadoru Station and we took off with our trophy ASAP. Despite it was operational it needed heavy work and repairs on it. We did however found a good use of it. It looks like it had some operational science facilities aboard, as well as most of the personal quarters were lined on straight corridors... it was perfect. We put cells on those, security cameras and auto-turrets, in case of some of it's new inhabitants decided to escape. We've made it into a prison ship. A bit smaller than the usual ones, but effective and with the capacity of up to 300 prisoners and hostages, maybe more if we put more than three of them in a cell. It served a good purpose as a science vessel as well. With these Yachts being designed in this way, that the living quarters, now prison cells, to be isolated from the bridge and the science facilities, it was easy to keep prisoners as well as valuable artifacts aboard and to break riots when they occurred. The ship was ours, but due to it's bad reputation, and rumors travel faster than light as we all know, the ship didn't have many volunteers, but despite that fact we found enough to keep the ship safe and flying. We hired some scientists to keep an open research on the Nomad artifacts and tissue we've acquired on our later missions. Such research could have changed our position in the Omicrons.

[Image: gasgiant.jpg]

After that day I realized, that despite the fact the Edge Worlds looked tranquil and safe from afar, they were not. The stories I've heard back in Liberty couldn't describe the horror and brutality of the Omicrons. Simple words couldn't describe it. This part of space wasn't for the weak minded. Even though it was worth it, the money, the experience. The Edge Worlds teach a man how to survive and I appreciate that. I was reminded as well of the job I was here for and with every passing day, we were getting closer. With each artifact acquired and with each nomad slain, we were getting closer and closer. I just hope I will be there to see the end.

DELETE

DELETE