Discovery Gaming Community
Rules updates 09.07.2014 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Rules updates 09.07.2014 (/showthread.php?tid=117664)

Rules updates 09.07.2014 - mwerte - 07-09-2014

Changelog:
  • Added "Political" to 1.1
  • Change "To ensure work of Discovery Freelancer server." to "To develop and safeguard the health of the Discovery Freelancer community, official server, and forums."
  • Added "Abusing Game Exploits" to 6.0
  • Added an appeal process for those banned 6 months or longer. We will no longer be calling bans permanent, rather indefinite.

Cheers.

RE: Rules updates 09.07.2014 - Freeroamer - 07-10-2014

Great Ideas

RE: Rules updates 09.07.2014 - Sarawr!? - 07-10-2014

Can I ask for some clarification regarding the addition of "Political" to 1.1?

Is this going to be restricted strictly to politically sensitive topics appearing on the forums, or people making outright racist/derogatory remarks on the forums or in game? Because I mean it was already kind of a thing that was dealt with swiftly anyway...

Or are you now going to start hitting groups like say, the Mollys, or SCRA, or Xenos, for posting/espousing inRP "Propaganda" that comes "too close" to politically sensitive real world slogans/ideals, And where is that line defined if so?

I'm just looking for clarity is all, since politically sensitive forum posts were pretty much already a "no no" anyway.

RE: Rules updates 09.07.2014 - Zen_Mechanics - 07-10-2014

While at it, I'd like to know what " General discussion" forum stands for, and not the 24/7 one. As I understand, its a forum for anything but freelancer, so when I made my critisicm about religion in an old thread ( to which I was banned because it hurt someone's feelings ) I assume it was legit, even though I was told its a "video game".

So could you please outline the rules again, because in this 21st pc world its really hard to some people to distinguish race from religion.

RE: Rules updates 09.07.2014 - Luke. - 07-10-2014

I think appeals should maybe become available after something like 3 months rather than 6.

No one's going to appeal after 6 months.

RE: Rules updates 09.07.2014 - Highland Laddie - 07-10-2014

Quote:No one's going to appeal after 6 months.

Somebody did, and they're back now.

RE: Rules updates 09.07.2014 - mwerte - 07-10-2014

(07-10-2014, 12:50 PM)Sarawr!? Wrote: I'm just looking for clarity is all, since politically sensitive forum posts were pretty much already a "no no" anyway.
It's like insults, we know when something is an in-game, inRP insult, and when it's not. Like you said, the political threads were not allowed before, but in one of the many rules revisions it got dropped accidentially, so it's just being restored.

(07-10-2014, 01:17 PM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote: While at it, I'd like to know what " General discussion" forum stands for, and not the 24/7 one.
General Discussion is for discussions (not spam, that's flood) about things other then gaming, Freelancer, and Discovery. Posts there must follow the rules of the forum.

RE: Rules updates 09.07.2014 - glassofwater - 07-12-2014

Good call on the "indefinite" bans, but I agree with Luke three months is a pretty long ban already, and it can always be declined.