Discovery Gaming Community
Death - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Death (/showthread.php?tid=117784)

Pages: 1 2

Death - Flox Corp - 07-12-2014

Im sure this has been asked before but i didnt find anything.
How is death in Disco explained? We die? Why do we wait 4 hours? Please explain.
Do we have clones on the planets? Are we immortal?

RE: Death - Lythrilux - 07-12-2014

Escape pods man. Escape pods.

RE: Death - Flox Corp - 07-12-2014

(07-12-2014, 11:56 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: Escape pods man. Escape pods.

Is that really it? Thats how we explain death? What about the 4 hours?

RE: Death - nodcommando - 07-12-2014

OOCly, it's to prevent you from just going back and revenge killing immediately. (or dying a second time if you're just bad). ICly? I assume you could say it took that long for your escape pod to be picked up by a friendly, or somethin'. I dunno.

RE: Death - Occam Razor - 07-12-2014

(07-12-2014, 11:57 AM)Flox Corp Wrote:

2 Hours. And that's the time you need to get a new vessel, since your old one was destroyed. It's kinda shady iRP, since it's basically an ooRP matter, but that's how it's usually explained. That or that it takes time to pick your escape pod up.

RE: Death - Zen_Mechanics - 07-12-2014

Except AI who have backups in the Ipad25. Otherwise, escape pods, or pretending not to die at all.

RE: Death - [FC]Flox - 07-12-2014

(07-12-2014, 12:12 PM)Occam Razor Wrote:
(07-12-2014, 11:57 AM)Flox Corp Wrote:

2 Hours. And that's the time you need to get a new vessel, since your old one was destroyed. It's kinda shady iRP, since it's basically an ooRP matter, but that's how it's usually explained. That or that it takes time to pick your escape pod up.

but the fact that you can still respawn somewhere else makes it really OOORP. I say in order to follow RP it should be that you are not allowed to be online on that Char for 1 hour. Not in the system you died and not anywhere else. That way it could be RP'd that you flew to the base or that someone picked you up.

Also i suppose the cargo pod is way to small to be able to be picked up?

RE: Death - Vredes - 07-12-2014

I got an idea, but it is impossible to achieve.
When a fighter is destroyed, he is spawned at the last base with a Civ shuttle with all his equipment in his hold, unequiped ofc.
He has to buy a new fighter then. Ofc we have to make sure the common fighters are sold on most of the NPC bases belonging to that factions, civilian fighters will be sold almost everywhere. And the most exotic fighters... well they are exotic you shouldnt have lost them.
When a capital ship is destroyed it gets disabled and leaves an invincible wreck behind which should disappear in 10-15 minutes.

The idea is stupid, but thats how I imagine it for a proper RP, we will still have the 2hs of no PvP ofc.

RE: Death - Vredes - 07-12-2014

That sounded like EVE but it was unintentional.

RE: Death - Lonely_Ghost - 07-12-2014

(07-12-2014, 12:18 PM)[FC]Flox Wrote: but the fact that you can still respawn somewhere else makes it really OOORP. I say in order to follow RP it should be that you are not allowed to be online on that Char for 1 hour. Not in the system you died and not anywhere else. That way it could be RP'd that you flew to the base or that someone picked you up.

Also i suppose the cargo pod is way to small to be able to be picked up?

Your char killed- delet it. 1000% inRP.

And seriously, nobody cares about it seriously. Same goes to ID. It' ooRP thin, but majority of ppl are focused on it. Even Bounties are focused on ID, which does not exist inRP.

Also, you say, after death, you sould not be able to fly that char for a 1 hour. Fine, when you have 3 full accounts, but players, who has 2-3 chars? Ppl already doing everything to avoid being killed, no need to creat situation worse. So no offence, but it's silly idea.