Discovery Gaming Community
ID clarification needed - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: ID clarification needed (/showthread.php?tid=117860)

Pages: 1 2

ID clarification needed - Zayne Carrick - 07-14-2014

Kruger/Daumann ID Wrote:Can attack Red Hessians anywhere.

Pretty self-explanatory.
But here comes a question: does it negates rule 3.3?

RE: ID clarification needed - sindroms - 07-14-2014

Any ID overrides the server rules.

EDIT: Ah, I see what you mean. As far as I know, unless the ID specifically has a "Can treat any X as combat targets", then you must still treat any transport with the enemy ID as a trading ship and make a demand.

However, there have been discussions in the past whether non-trading IDs such as unlawful ones, especially with their ability to pirate, should be considered as trading ships in the first place. So yes, good question.

RE: ID clarification needed - Gulryz - 07-14-2014

Even if their ID allows to attack but they need to RP before attack
~Osama

RE: ID clarification needed - Sonoshee - 07-14-2014

Transport rules stands - one need to make a demand first before opening up on a transport vessel. But "demand" is a tricky word - it can be credits (if you can pirate), to halt, to leave system, to do xyz action, etc.

RE: ID clarification needed - Karst - 07-14-2014

(07-14-2014, 08:18 AM)sindroms Wrote: Any ID overrides the server rules.
However, there have been discussions in the past whether non-trading IDs such as unlawful ones, especially with their ability to pirate, should be considered as trading ships in the first place. So yes, good question.

This. There's a difference between a Hessian Ptrain flying around carrying diamonds, and a Hessian Ptrans sitting empty next to the trade lane. Transport =/= "trade ship"

But RP still needed even you kill a Unlawfull or terriost
I will agree with this mate

(07-14-2014, 09:41 AM)Sonoshee Wrote: Transport rules stands - one need to make a demand first before opening up on a transport vessel. But "demand" is a tricky word - it can be credits (if you can pirate), to halt, to leave system, to do xyz action, etc.

~Osama

RE: ID clarification needed - Zayne Carrick - 07-14-2014

Quote:This. There's a difference between a Hessian Ptrain flying around carrying diamonds, and a Hessian Ptrans sitting empty next to the trade lane. Transport =/= "trade ship"
I have no problems with getting my Ptrans attacked. But attacks on battletransports filled with uncut diamonds hurt me much.

Thanks for answers, anyway

RE: ID clarification needed - Sabru - 07-14-2014

if the hessian trans is actually engaged in piracy and a Kruger/Daumann catches it in the act, they can shoot at will. if its just trading, then 3.3 comes into it and demands are required.

Note: edited for clarity.

RE: ID clarification needed - Knjaz - 07-14-2014

(07-14-2014, 08:18 AM)sindroms Wrote: Any ID overrides the server rules.

EDIT: Ah, I see what you mean. As far as I know, unless the ID specifically has a "Can treat any X as combat targets", then you must still treat any transport with the enemy ID as a trading ship and make a demand.

Imho, I'd recommend to return "Can trade" line to all IDs whose transports supposed to fall under 3.3 protection.
This way, it'll be possible to exclude Military, Police and Pirate factions from 3.3.

(07-14-2014, 10:33 AM)Sabre Wrote: if the hessian trans is engaged in piracy, they can shoot at will. if its just trading, then 3.3 comes into it and demands are required.
(07-14-2014, 10:13 AM)Karst Wrote: This. There's a difference between a Hessian Ptrain flying around carrying diamonds, and a Hessian Ptrans sitting empty next to the trade lane. Transport =/= "trade ship"

Jansen disagrees. The guy got sanctioned, among other obvious things, for attacking a Pirate IDed transport known for it's piracy (but not inRP to the exact character that he attacked with) without demands.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=117574

As of now, according to that sanction, if you've met empty Hessian battletranspot at Trade lane, but your character does not have personal experience with that Hessian, nor any other available information on him (say, though ComChannel), you have to make a demand.

Trade is trade and doing Rp is must no matter you what you do on server because it is a RP server

~Osama