Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Junker Marauders - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Junker Marauders (/showthread.php?tid=118076)

To: The Junker Marauders - Narcotic - 07-19-2014

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ Penetrating Transmission ♦ ♥ ♣ ♠
[Image: Zd5YG1A.png]

SHIP ID: LR-Sober.Counsel
SUBJECT: Calm before the storm

Ahoy,

congratulations, you finally managed to catch my attention. You know what I absolutely don't like? When things aren't running as smooth as I want them to. Trouble is bad for the business. And you seem to be very troublesome lately.

I've heard you didn't made good friends with my men, nor with the Padua Liberty Rogues. I understand your tricky situation, trying to keep the balance between the law and crime. Unfortunately it seems to cause difficulties for you.

Our relationship with the Junkers is like living in a glass house. And if one of us decides to be a prick, he's the brick, bringing both in danger. I don't like it when someone pulls too strong at the wrong end. You don't want to pull the red devil by the tail, do you?

I suppose we both would prefer to not blow up each other's butts. The whole Sirius crime would laugh at us. And I would share their laughter. You will not dare to disturb and collapse the system. You rely on the system, and so does the system itself. You're part of it.

And if you decide to work against the system, you will be slaughtered. We don't want that to happen, do we? Friends are so much more profitable and useful. But you don't piss off your friends, right?

I'm in favor of keeping things peaceful and smooth. So I'll give you a chance to explain yourself to a reasonable, calm and level-headed person - me.

With patient regards,

[Image: YAeEJzo.png]

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ Breaking Transmission ♦ ♥ ♣ ♠

RE: To: The Junker Marauders - Lythrilux - 07-19-2014

[Image: jchlOA2.png]

Greetings Mr. Johnson

Alright, I'll give you a recollection of events.

A few hours ago, a ship called LR:I'm.A.Mac approached Beaumont Spire. Although we had set the base to allow Rogues to dock, he claimed he was unable to dock on the station. A Dock permit bug, or perhaps he was making it up that he couldn't dock? I have no idea and quite frankly my only concern is to try and resolve this as soon as possible without the need of further gunfire. He also claimed he was a Rogue warlord.

Shortly after, I believe he told the PLR about the base. I'm convinced that PLR has some sort of grudge against us that we can't quite put our finger on, but that's irrelevant for now. The PLR thought that the base was set to deny Rogues from docking, even though if they decided to attempt to dock they would surely find that the base would accept them. We tried to be diplomatic with them, however we were interrupted by local law enforcement, causing the PLR to instantly assume a position of hostiltiy to us.

I heard that there were sporadic clashes over Beaumont Spire soon after, I'm not sure who was involved though. PLR are now threatening us with expulsion from Rogue bases, which we feel is unprovoked, and we meant no harm towards the Rogues. Diplomatic attempts to appease them have so far proven futile as they seem hell bent on destroying us.

On the topic of Beaumont Base, it's a Premium Scrap storage and exportation facility near Beaumont Base in Texas. As stated, Junker miners will store Premium Scrap on the station and other ships will haul the Premium Scrap from the base to Omicron Alpha. I actually envisioned giving the Rogues docking permits so that they could haul Premium Scrap up to Alpha for a good profit. A Pirate Train filled with Premium Scrap can net you about 52 million credits. Pretty good I'd say. The base is owned by both me and Tal Ravis.

Erm, hence why I didn't contact the Rogues prior to the bases construction. The way I see it, it would be much more profitable to the Rogues if they hauled Premium Scrap from the base, rather than just charge a monthly fee from the base.We built this base with the interests of other Liberty factions in mind. On top of helping you out with the Outcast capital problem, we also want to be able to supply you with a good source of income.

That explains all of it. We mean no harm to the Rogues and their interests.

-G.M
The Junker Marauders

[Image: qff6ZIp.png]

RE: To: The Junker Marauders - Narcotic - 07-19-2014

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ Penetrating Transmission ♦ ♥ ♣ ♠
[Image: Zd5YG1A.png]

SHIP ID: LR-Sober.Counsel
SUBJECT: Calm before the storm

In this very moment, I've made my "Hellhound” gunship ready for launch and will head directly to Beaumont to make myself a picture of the situation.

With patient regards,

[Image: YAeEJzo.png]

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ Breaking Transmission ♦ ♥ ♣ ♠