Discovery Gaming Community
Destroyer class ship - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Destroyer class ship (/showthread.php?tid=118688)

Pages: 1 2

Destroyer class ship - spacewalker - 08-02-2014

Guys, I would like to buy a destroyer-class ship to be able to easily deal with those Nomad guys. I am friendly with House authorities, some house corporations, Zoners. Tried a Zoner destroyer at Pueblo Bonito but, alas, "you must be on friendlier terms"... Perhaps it is sold by Zoner Guard who I am neutral to? In fact, I am neutral to all "guards".

Any ideas?

Moved to Discovery RP 24/7 Help & Support ~Snoopy

RE: Destroyer class ship - KaiserDietz - 08-02-2014

missions are the only way to increase guard rep, unfortunately. Each mission will move you up 1/3 of a bar with the Guard. Alternatively, use the Zoner restart. Just be aware that house authorities don't like foreign capital warships.

RE: Destroyer class ship - Vredes - 08-02-2014

(08-02-2014, 08:31 PM)KaiserDietz Wrote: missions are the only way to increase guard rep, unfortunately. Each mission will move you up 1/3 of a bar with the Guard. Alternatively, use the Zoner restart. Just be aware that house authorities don't like foreign capital warships.

Which disco are you living in?

If you want to kill nomies with a destroyer and a guard rep get the desired ID and the Guard will be rephacked to green as well. I recommend the BHG Thresher as you will have contact with nomies a lot.

RE: Destroyer class ship - spacewalker - 08-02-2014

Thanks. KaiserDietz, what do you mean by "don't like"? Do they attack on sight?

Vredes, I am using the latest Disco, open single player.

RE: Destroyer class ship - Mephistoles - 08-02-2014

The idea is that destroyers and above have too much damage potential to be allowed to be freely flown through a house when the ship is not part of its own military. Much like an armed tank being driven down the streets of your city. You are generally told to leave with refusal being grounds for destruction.

This is in multiplayer, of course. If you're on single player, NPCs won't make such a distinction.

Ok, Mephistoles, thanks.

Btw, I have found a solution, more or less. I headed to Alaska and bought a Liberty cruiser from Juneau shipyard, as I was friendly with L Navy. However, the problem now are the weapons... Most factions won't sell their cruiser turrets unless superfriendly...

Actually, I thought it was kinda strange. I could buy the ship but couldn't buy the weapons for it (on the same base). Aren't they sold by the same faction?

RE: Destroyer class ship - Mephistoles - 08-02-2014

High end weapons often require a higher reputation with the faction than the ship itself does, meaning if your rep is within a certain range, you have may enough to buy a ship but not the guns to put on it.

The Liberty cruiser on Juneau requires +0.5 rep to purchase, but the Liberty Cruiser Turrets, for example, require +0.89 Liberty Navy rep.

RE: Destroyer class ship - Vredes - 08-02-2014

(08-02-2014, 09:52 PM)spacewalker Wrote: Ok, Mephistoles, thanks.

Btw, I have found a solution, more or less. I headed to Alaska and bought a Liberty cruiser from Juneau shipyard, as I was friendly with L Navy. However, the problem now are the weapons... Most factions won't sell their cruiser turrets unless superfriendly...

Mount an LN ID. Ask some of the LNS campers in New York to give you an ID.

RE: Destroyer class ship - Nerva - 08-02-2014

(08-02-2014, 09:52 PM)spacewalker Wrote: Btw, I have found a solution, more or less. I headed to Alaska and bought a Liberty cruiser from Juneau shipyard, as I was friendly with L Navy. However, the problem now are the weapons... Most factions won't sell their cruiser turrets unless superfriendly...

This is still single player, right?
If so you can open the console by pressing Enter and type "rep li_n_grp 1" (without the quotes) and press Enter again. This will set your reputation with Liberty Navy to full green.
If you want to make all factions friendly type "rep = 1"