Discovery Gaming Community
The Crimson Cross - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Player Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=244)
+---- Forum: Official Faction Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=245)
+----- Forum: Official Faction Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=134)
+------ Forum: Approved Faction Creation Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+------ Thread: The Crimson Cross (/showthread.php?tid=118811)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: The Crimson Cross - TLI-Inferno - 09-01-2014

(08-05-2014, 09:10 AM)John Wildkins Wrote: This isn't a faction based on christianity or catholicism. It's a religious sect based on worshipping the Nomads as gods...they /are/ the gods in the religion

That sounds interesting, but also hilarious. If I come across your faction in the server, I'm sorry, but I'm going to laugh. Please do as much chanting as possible, that would really be great.

(08-05-2014, 09:10 AM)John Wildkins Wrote: it's polytheistic, not monotheistic like most modern (western) religions.

This is somewhat off-topic, but I don't think it's very accurate, or even appropriate, for you to assume that the characteristics of modern, western, and monotheism, have to go hand-in-hand. In reality, most monotheistic religions, including Christianity, originated in the Middle East. Islam, which is still a major religion in the Middle East and is definitely not "western", is monotheistic. Monotheistic religions have been around the world for thousands of years, and in reality the "Western" world, starting with Europe, actually didn't move on from polytheism until relatively recently (compared to the Middle East and Asia). Granted the Hindus of India are still polytheist, but that doesn't represent the entirety of modern civilization outside of the western hemisphere.

(08-05-2014, 09:10 AM)John Wildkins Wrote: Also: Thanks everyone for the support! To those who haven't met us ingame yet; we'll be even more active then before, so keep an eye out for those |+| fellas!

I look forward to it. By the way, quick question. Since you worship the nomads as deities, how exactly would you play out a scenario in which a nomad player asks you to do something you really don't want to do (not by direct communication, of course, but by expressing emotions such as fear or anger towards specific individuals)? Would you refuse your faction's gods, or would you do whatever nomad players ask of you? I'm just curious. If you're not sure, you might want to think about that and come up with some solutions in advance because this will likely be an issue in the future.

Anyway, I hope to see you guys in space within the next hour for the "thing" we're doing with you!

RE: The Crimson Cross - Sciamach - 09-01-2014

(09-01-2014, 06:55 PM)TLI-Inferno Wrote: Since you worship the nomads as deities, how exactly would you play out a scenario in which a nomad player asks you to do something you really don't want to do? Would you refuse your faction's gods, or would you do whatever nomad players ask of you? I'm just curious.

Depends on the request of the K'Hara.

If it were to attack an ally, we'd likely raise an eyebrow, and just banish whomever they'd ask us to shoot from Outcast space or something

Y'know

politely

with guns

lots of guns

(08-30-2014, 03:03 PM)Dimon Wrote: P.S.: We need more Hispanic factions
I feel like theres a joke to be made here...

RE: The Crimson Cross - GrnRaptor - 09-07-2014

Hi there. While I'm always glad to see more Tau activity, as well as potential allies/rivals for the OC group I'm in, I have an issue with you as an enemy.

In the past week alone I've seen your combat behavior supporting the Junker's Congress, and quite frankly it's been terrible. The first time I was on my Jaguar Noir, and I was already dealing with a Junker GB and a P-train when a BW GB and Falcata Mk. II of yours decided to show up and "assist" the Junkers. That's two gunboats, a bomber, and well armed transport shooting a single snub ship. I had a single fighter show up to assist me right as this happened and you went after it immediately with your gunship and bomber. Hardly fair play.

Last night was the second, and while I wasn't there, I was in TS with our pilot. He had a capital warship (Sarissa I think) and another of your Falcata Mk. II pilots initiate an attack against him. Your group came after a single pilot in a warship on top of the snub you sent after him. Poor play, gents.

Now, you have an opportunity to turn this around. This is feedback that you can use to re-examine your behavior, and hopefully adjust how you deal with your enemies going forward. Take it or leave it.

RE: The Crimson Cross - Sciamach - 09-07-2014

Before I begin, I'd like to point out that we lost 3 ships in that fight, and you guys lost none.

Regardless, the Storta was meant as a counter to the Asco we anticipated would be joining the fight...

then the Asco didnt join the fight

so once that was realized, the Storta left.
As for the unbalanced numbers, a number of the Junkers are typically non-combatants, and aren't as experienced in combat as many of the UC's pilots were. This, and the belief that there would be more of you un-docking last night, is why the much larger numbers were brought along.

TL;DR: We expected more of your guys so we brought along ships in preparation for this.

RE: The Crimson Cross - Crimson Cross - 09-09-2014

[+]=======

A few new relevant links added, and the faction roster bumped with our newest members.

RE: The Crimson Cross - KaiserDietz - 09-10-2014

I don't really see you guys in space that often. What is the most common timeframe you log in so I can interact?

RE: The Crimson Cross - Crimson Cross - 09-10-2014

[+]=======

Most often, around 9pm - 3am EST

~ish

RE: The Crimson Cross - Crimson Cross - 09-17-2014

[+]=======

Update to the links, as well as an update to the roster.

RE: The Crimson Cross - Zen_Mechanics - 09-17-2014

I can only say what I've seen so far, which im afraid to say is nothing - because I haven't seen any of you hang out as much as I would expect you to - I do hope you will appear more often and specificly at sigma-13 where you have a base there ( If you ask me in 4.85, it would be D next big thing ). Other then that, Good luck.

RE: The Crimson Cross - Hermes - 09-17-2014

(09-07-2014, 10:20 PM)GrnRaptor Wrote: In the past week alone I've seen your combat behavior supporting the Junker's Congress, and quite frankly it's been terrible.

I don't blame you feeling itchy a little bit when Junkers Congress are related, and i won't blame you for baiting as much congress as you can to bans or sanctions... i just wonder, why would it be terrible to see outcasts helping junkers and junkers helping outcast? isn't both of them in a buisness partnership? isn't the outcasts buy the junkers premium scrap and the outcasts sell them cardamine?

Think about it and put the ooRP hate toward the congress aside.

regards,
Xenon