Discovery Gaming Community
To: Admiral Golanski; re: Moros Depot; Enc: GTFO v1.2 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Admiral Golanski; re: Moros Depot; Enc: GTFO v1.2 (/showthread.php?tid=119257)

To: Admiral Golanski; re: Moros Depot; Enc: GTFO v1.2 - Panzer - 08-16-2014

[Image: S3WsEUU.png]
I am not certain you remember me admiral, but I am quite pleased to learn, that you are alive, well and still as powerful.

Platitudes aside, I find myself in the less-than-comfortable position of needing a favor. Using the period of respite, the populist government at home resumed the prosecution of whoever held a position of responsibility before they came to power. Fearing the worst, the militarists I have been chosen to represent made their escape, hoping to restore the depot left by an expedition of ours two years ago.

We were in equal parts surprised and worried to see the installation occupied by a very enigmatic group. Our first contact with them was peaceful enough, but it presents a certain issue, where de-facto squatters essentially deny us the depot we built ourselves.

During the few times we managed to establish contact with them, they begrudgingly divulged a few pieces of information.

They claim to be iridium miners, sometimes doing business with AI entities. They are armed with BW-series equipment, strongly isolationist and secretive. Secretive to the point of not using any sort of identification markings, even on the docking module they erected, adjoining our installation. Also, the men, who first contacted those alleged miners voiced considerable suspicions - citing prior experience in dealing with independent miners, they noted a number of discrepancies - distance from an iridium deposit being the most noteworthy.

Which is why I am asking for your help. Something is admittedly suspicious about those people and even if they indeed are just fiercely isolationist iridium miners, we still need our base. Quite badly at that. We'd like to request any information about that group that you may wish to share and hopefully, some help retaking our installations if negotiations with them don't end with a satisfactory conclusion.

RE: To: Admiral Golanski; re: Moros Depot; Enc: GTFO v1.2 - Omicron - 08-16-2014

[Image: KAQ2z4i.png?1]
Comm ID: The Order Overwatch

Before we proceed to discuss details of potential co-operations, we have to address certain... irregularities.

What is your relation towards mainstream Colonial government in Coronado? Are you mutually hostile or left on a peaceful note to avoid internal clashes? What are your plans concerning development of the system, as well what diplomatic paths you will follow? We at The Order are willing to assist you and Colonials as a whole, given common interests shared with your group both before and after Tau 44 exodus.

We do not believe those "Iridium miners". In our belief, they understood the consequences upon discovery of theirs as soon they made their home on your depot. The Order's policy is to eliminate unauthorized installations as soon as discovered... however we were stretched too thin at the time.

Admiral Golanski out.

RE: To: Admiral Golanski; re: Moros Depot; Enc: GTFO v1.2 - Panzer - 08-16-2014

[Image: S3WsEUU.png]

I am eager to answer.

Firstly, I represent a number of dissidents so to speak. Before the invasion, our political line and way of government was to promote an authoritarian, militaristic regime instead of a civic democracy for the sake of rapid industrial and geopolitical growth. Unfortunately, while the stalemate against the Outcasts dragged on, the populace grew ever more tired of the constant fighting and inevitable sacrifices that incurred. The defeat at the hands of the Royals only served as the catalyst for a bloodless coup, which transferred power from a de-facto junta to an elected cabinet emulating some of the democratic mechanisms in Liberty. The initial skepticism led many of the previous cabinet members, functionaries and officers to chose self-imposed, careful exile, but as time passed, most chose to come back, believing there would be no reprisals. For a long time there indeed weren't any, unfortunately, elements of the Colonial government still remain, which would prefer, that for the sake of what they see as the right political course - any sympathizers or representatives of the authoritarian line should be marginalized or removed by any means. Thus, several days ago, I have decided to once again make things easier on what I admittedly do consider a legitimate, though misguided government. There was no internal clash and as long as I keep the trust of the people I represent, there will not be one unless we are forced to defend ourselves. For all intents and purposes - we are a political party, who will still conform with the Colonial foreign policy, but whose members escaped, anticipating prosecution by some of the said government's less understanding agencies.

Secondly, the plan at the moment of my message to the authoritarians was to gather at the old depot near planet Moros, to restore some the base's functionality and essentially living there, away from trouble.
There is always the chance, that something unexpectedly horrible happens (again), in which case, Moros could potentially prove to be a plan-C, while Coronado for the moment is a fairly successful, ongoing plan-B.
We assumed we could sustain ourselves by exploiting the area's resources and basically laying low.