Discovery Gaming Community
Looks like a lot has changed - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Looks like a lot has changed (/showthread.php?tid=119470)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Looks like a lot has changed - SnakeLancerHaven - 08-21-2014

(08-21-2014, 09:47 PM)Blade Wrote: well of course, there has been changes, alot. But lesser, WAY lesser players Sad back in 4.84 / 85 the days are over where you had to wait until 1 slot got free...

(08-21-2014, 09:49 PM)Seth Karlo Wrote: Way fewer. Oh dear, grammar has gone to the dogs, I'll need a drink after this.

Yes, I remember the days of trying to get onto the server. Well Blade, can you give an overview of some of the changes?

Don't mind him, he's drunk. 8|

RE: Looks like a lot has changed - Seth Karlo - 08-21-2014

Oh dear, you moderate historical references now? What for? Why on earth does that need to be replaced with stars?!

Edit:

Who are the admins these days?

RE: Looks like a lot has changed - Luke. - 08-21-2014

The green ones

RE: Looks like a lot has changed - Fluffyball - 08-21-2014

I wouldn't be suprised if everyone got back to Vanillia, afrer all those compaints on the other topic. I mean, it's not EVE, but Disco is so far the great roleplay experience I've ever had. Forums, forums and once again forums.

But I surely have no idea how to keep people with keeping good standard of RP in game, because... Well... I remember times when Disco server was OVERCROWDED and I couldn't play because it was already 200 people.

RE: Looks like a lot has changed - Bootsiuv - 08-21-2014

It's been over twovyears since I couldn't log in on a weekend.

Cannon actually upped it to 225 at one point.

DPC didn't help either.

I have mismatched socks on and just noticed.

Thanks for reading.

RE: Looks like a lot has changed - Binski - 08-21-2014

Well if you don't know about cloaks it must be a long while since you played. The wiki is mostly out of date, but ironically when it comes to the newer equipment like cloaks, jump drives and docking modules, all of that is pretty much the same. The main drawback with the wiki is the system info and the classes of guns/turrets, that was still outdated last time i checked.

And so the wiki can help you find what you need, and FL companion has the most up to date 'exact numbers' since it takes it right from the current mod data.

RE: Looks like a lot has changed - Zigeris - 08-22-2014

It's all the same... NPC's ruin your day.

RE: Looks like a lot has changed - n00bl3t - 08-22-2014

(08-21-2014, 09:25 PM)Seth Karlo Wrote: Disco has always been good at self-ego-stroking and being notoriously unwelcome to newbies. It's like being at an exclusive club, except all the hot girls are missing, and the people in charge are the geekiest ones. Ah, good to pop in.

Community wise, has much changed?

(08-22-2014, 01:02 AM)Zigeris Wrote: It's all the same... NPC's ruin your day.

This is how to view things. Tongue

Welcome back Seth.

RE: Looks like a lot has changed - Sir_Now - 08-22-2014

I hadnt played Disco in some time and im starting all over atm.
There are still a lot of nice things in Disco and also in the latest version.
If you havent been playing since 4.84/5 i would recommend you to hop into a Stargazer and find out for yourself what has changed.
It will be fun & if your a experienced player you will be up and running in no time.
Good luck out there :-)

RE: Looks like a lot has changed - Mao - 08-22-2014

New stuff:
- Lots of new ships. Most of them are really cool. We got rid of the imported Firefly.
- You can dock on player ships now. You can cloak. You can jump to a different location (BSG style).
- You can have your own base.
- CODES are more diverse. There are CODES for bombers these days.
- Mining is not limited to Ores. You get gases (He3) and scrap metals with certain IDs...
- There seem to be a lot of old farts coming back these days. Hope they stay.
- Gallia sucks.

- Welcome back!