Discovery Gaming Community
Expand Gallic Junker ZoI into Liberty - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Expand Gallic Junker ZoI into Liberty (/showthread.php?tid=120047)

Pages: 1 2 3

Expand Gallic Junker ZoI into Liberty - Lythrilux - 09-02-2014

Gallia is at war with Bretonia, as well as it's ally: Liberty. However, currently they lack the resources/manpower/time/cougars to hit Liberty directly. So, how else can they harm their enemy, without getting involved themselves? Simple, by sending in the Gallic Junkers. Or should I call them the Gallic Privateers?

Expanding the GJ ZoI to Liberty makes perfect sense. Given the right rephacks are applied, it can be perfectly balanced too. A faction that is generally considered dead can be given new life. They can wreak havoc in Liberty by pirating transports as well as causing numerous other shenanigans.

RE: Expand Gallic Junker ZoI into Liberty - Highland Laddie - 09-02-2014

Quote:...as well as causing numerous other shenanigans.

This line concerns me. Liberty is usually plenty populated with shenanigans as it is...dunno that it needs another one.

Galllic Junkers could just as easily do shenanigans throughout Bretonia and up to Cortez/Magellan.

RE: Expand Gallic Junker ZoI into Liberty - Leppy - 09-02-2014

(09-02-2014, 03:33 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Gallia is at war with Bretonia, as well as it's ally: Liberty. However, currently they lack the resources/manpower/time/cougars to hit Liberty directly. So, how else can they harm their enemy, without getting involved themselves? Simple, by sending in the Gallic Junkers. Or should I call them the Gallic Privateers?

Expanding the GJ ZoI to Liberty makes perfect sense. Given the right rephacks are applied, it can be perfectly balanced too. A faction that is generally considered dead can be given new life. They can wreak havoc in Liberty by pirating transports as well as causing numerous other shenanigans.

Where exactly would they base out of? Also, wouldn't EVERY single faction be hostile to them?

RE: Expand Gallic Junker ZoI into Liberty - WesternPeregrine - 09-02-2014

Foreign Junkers?? Gallic even?? I bet the Xenos would be mighty glad to have them around.

Also, hostile Junkers from Gallia being able to dock only on Junker bases (an obvious conclusion). With all those UC coming and going into Liberty? I guess we can kiss that well tuned Junker diplomacy goodbye too.

Before these and many other possibles issues are fixed, I advise against implementing this measure.

RE: Expand Gallic Junker ZoI into Liberty - Thyrzul - 09-02-2014

GJ docking on J bases won't work, they are kinda unfriendly to eachother. Remember that J are the descendants of GJ been sent to spy but deserted, and at least the Congress shown signs of dislike towards Gallia.

RE: Expand Gallic Junker ZoI into Liberty - KaiserDietz - 09-02-2014

As someone who led a unofficial GJ faction for fivish months I would say that there are two routes to fixing the faction, through its three primary functions:

1) Smuggling: Decrease the number of undockable rephacks. As a Gallic Junker you literally cannot dock anywhere but Gallic Bases.

2) Privateering: Failing at smuggling, the next best thing is more room to attack people as mercenaries. I don't think that cortez or even kyushu would be unreasonable.

3) Scrapping: WHat most Gallic Junkers do. Bourg en bresse pays obscenely for scrap metal, but its not extremely conducive for player interaction (which is why I didn't like the premium scrap price boost, but that is a different issue)

RE: Expand Gallic Junker ZoI into Liberty - Euca - 09-03-2014

Liberty isn't any concern of the GJ at this point of time, what should be their main goals is regrouping as they're currently quite fractured inRP. In what Kaiser said, if the nodock rephack was removed for Outcasts, we'd have a lot less issues. They'd be able to bring Scrap in, while taking Cardamine out, which becomes an issue for the UC, so they'll start to take action against them.

On privateering though, Cortez and Magellan are the trade link between Bretonia and Liberty, I'm sure you'll find some good hunt there.

RE: Expand Gallic Junker ZoI into Liberty - Lythrilux - 09-03-2014

(09-02-2014, 04:56 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote:
Quote:...as well as causing numerous other shenanigans.

This line concerns me. Liberty is usually plenty populated with shenanigans as it is...dunno that it needs another one.

Galllic Junkers could just as easily do shenanigans throughout Bretonia and up to Cortez/Magellan.
Sometimes the shenanigans in Bretonia aren't there though. As I said, this breathes new life into a mostly dead NPC faction.

(09-02-2014, 08:37 PM)Leppy Wrote:
(09-02-2014, 03:33 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Gallia is at war with Bretonia, as well as it's ally: Liberty. However, currently they lack the resources/manpower/time/cougars to hit Liberty directly. So, how else can they harm their enemy, without getting involved themselves? Simple, by sending in the Gallic Junkers. Or should I call them the Gallic Privateers?

Where exactly would they base out of? Also, wouldn't EVERY single faction be hostile to them?
According to the rephacks they can dock on Zoner and Junker bases. They could even base out of whatever bases they can make use of in Bretonia that are nearby (such as Barrier Gate).

(09-02-2014, 09:54 PM)WPeregrine Wrote: Foreign Junkers?? Gallic even?? I bet the Xenos would be mighty glad to have them around.
I guess a side effect would be that it gives Xenos more things to shoot.

(09-02-2014, 09:54 PM)WPeregrine Wrote: Also, hostile Junkers from Gallia being able to dock only on Junker bases (an obvious conclusion). With all those UC coming and going into Liberty? I guess we can kiss that well tuned Junker diplomacy goodbye too.

Before these and many other possibles issues are fixed, I advise against implementing this measure.
If any Gallic Junker causes trouble near Junker bases (or even Zoner bases) it can just be dealt with like an FR5.
Junkers don't really seem to be in good standing with the UC right now, so I don't think UC snooping around would impact Junkers so much. JM is an exception, as they're more or less neutral to UC.

(09-02-2014, 10:41 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: GJ docking on J bases won't work, they are kinda unfriendly to eachother. Remember that J are the descendants of GJ been sent to spy but deserted, and at least the Congress shown signs of dislike towards Gallia.
Nope, they have no rephack. GJs can dock on Junker bases.

(09-03-2014, 12:29 AM)Wulverine Wrote: Liberty isn't any concern of the GJ at this point of time, what should be their main goals is regrouping as they're currently quite fractured inRP.
In that case, I'd say repurposing them as Privateers for Gallia is a perfect way to stabilize themselves inRP by being useful to The Crown once again.

RE: Expand Gallic Junker ZoI into Liberty - Papa Oomaumau - 09-03-2014

Let's remember that the Gallic Junkers, unlike Sirian Junkers, operate under a commission from the crown.
Why would Liberty not see this as a pre-invasion softening force?
Liberty talks to Bretonia - it would take one coversation before both intelligence groups colluded and alarm bells went off, and the GJ would be about as welcome in Liberty as a Rheinland battleship.

Also Congress would blow the whistle in a heartbeat.
And don't blame them, blame Igiss who wrote the lore.
(And has never been a Congress member)

RE: Expand Gallic Junker ZoI into Liberty - Lythrilux - 09-03-2014

(09-03-2014, 01:06 AM)Papa Oomaumau Wrote: Let's remember that the Gallic Junkers, unlike Sirian Junkers, operate under a commission from the crown.
Why would Liberty not see this as a pre-invasion softening force?
Liberty talks to Bretonia - it would take one coversation before both intelligence groups colluded and alarm bells went off, and the GJ would be about as welcome in Liberty as a Rheinland battleship.
That's the whole point. They're not meant to be as welcome as some of the Gallic Junkers I used to see (I've seen some pirating traders in one system in Liberty back when the ID was broken, and then taking it to a nearby sellpoint).

(09-03-2014, 01:06 AM)Papa Oomaumau Wrote: Also Congress would blow the whistle in a heartbeat.
And don't blame them, blame Igiss who wrote the lore.
(And has never been a Congress member)
Dunno. No rephacks/FR5s have been made for them regarding Trafalgar. I guess we'll see.
And yeah, I don't think anyone likes their lore xD (Hence why I think it'd be neat to repurpose them).