Discovery Gaming Community
The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread (/showthread.php?tid=120352)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread - nOmnomnOm - 03-06-2015

All comments re-directed to Toris.
I am still not happy with what happened after I docked though, but we will leave it there.

Lets be clear I have no issue with the hostilities. That is all fair game. The fact though that what happened after the encounter happened though DID piss me off.

Also toris. Mega facepalm.

The fact that the HA state that AFC attached Hog transports just made me laugh too.

RE: The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread - Fluffyball - 03-06-2015

Everything was done good on my side - I hope.

I will send full log to the Angels, if needed.

RE: The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread - nOmnomnOm - 03-06-2015

im not even talking about your post now but ok.
anyway, done my feedback. cool.
any other feedback i have doesn't go here.

anyway cheers.

RE: The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread - Redacted.Member1-4 - 03-29-2015

Updated the Faction info to reflect the recent changes on the Hogosha Zoi.

Small accomplishment in the following objectives:
- Contacts with indie Hogosha, and Hogosha sympathizers
- More Associates
- More Associates for the current syndicates

Tentative projects for the following objectives:
- Sigma region raider groups

Disbandment of the Aikokusha and Hizoku founding syndicates.
No creation of new syndicates so far.

RE: The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread - WesternPeregrine - 04-25-2015

So most of the recent month has been focused on my own rp within the hogosha, and have paid little attention to the progression of the Hogosha as a whole.

We have been blessed with a larger zoi in the past weeks, but it wasn't reflected in any new activity, both on HA or on indies.

Saw a few sparse groups of hogosha indies, for a day or two.

Any suggestions about how we can improve this situation? Are the entry requirements too strict? Is the HA writeup kind of unattractive?

RE: The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread - jammi - 04-25-2015

Honestly, as a Kusari faction you're always going to be fighting an uphill battle. Kusari as a house is too alien and culturally different from all the other Eurocentric Houses to be familiar or comfortable for most of the server's players. Kusari just naturally has a lower playercount to tap into. Your entry conditions aren't going to change that one way or another.

All I could recommend to try and reverse that is tricking people into thinking you're bigger than you actually are. Lots of 'buzz' / activity on the forum, proactively doing things. Write reports about pretty much everything you do ingame. Try and encourage members to rotate who does the writing so your message dump doesn't fill up with one person doing all the work - that counter-intuitively looks worse than an empty message dump to outsiders. Preferably fly in small groups instead of alone - 3 people flying for an hour is far more effective an advert than those three people each flying an hour separately over the space of a day.

Finally, this is one method by which you can partially nullify the fact that Kusari is so empty. Using Bowex and what I've seen of the 343 as an example, try developing strong internal character relationships. Mandate RP in group chat and use it as an opportunity to develop characters, then allow those relationships to impact on the faction's broader direction. This means that even when you can't find other people to interact with, so long as you're together there'll always be fertile ground for enjoyable and deep RP.

Managing your marketing / PR is one of the more important and under-appreciated aspects of running a faction successfully. Smaller and trade factions are also basically cults of personality and will be inexorably tied to the motivation, activity and drive of the leader. Sometimes that is the core problem, sometimes it isn't. Hope all this helps.

RE: The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread - freelancer knux - 04-25-2015

Just started flying as Hogosha was thinking of joining up with you guys cause you actually make the Hogosha sound appealing

RE: The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread - Croft - 04-26-2015

Just finished reading through the faction's threads this morning and I think Jammi has the majority of points covered. The few things I can suggest in regards to the faction info page is add detail, a small list of ships and tech that you use may interest a few people, adding a paragraph on each of your goals would help too, just a few lines to give an overview of how the Hogosha operate (or could potentially).

One thing that has piqued my interest is the "special conditions" section of your diplo, a bit of description on that would work wonders.

RE: The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread - Redacted.Member1-4 - 05-23-2015

- Reworked the current standing Syndicates and leadership (HA 2nd generation)
- Added placeholder minor syndicates, which will serve as mission and story providers for people inside and outside of the HA.
- minor edits

RE: The Hogosha Association - Feedback Thread - Redacted.Member1-4 - 06-01-2015

- Added a description for the Silvereye Dragons syndicate to the Faction Info.
- Added descriptions for minor syndicates of the HA, which will hopefully be used as platforms for quests and roleplay interactions in the near future.