Discovery Gaming Community
The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven (/showthread.php?tid=120362)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - Sturm347 - 02-27-2015

"Hey Sturm, whats up? I see you're carry a bunch of folders again. Shall I open the back room again?"
"Thanks Olsen, you read my mind."
"Hopefully nothing serious this time."
"Well, you're right about that this time, nothing as serious as the last time. It's just me and Fynn for now going to do some brainstorming over a project proposal I submitted to him."
"You two always have some project brewing so to speak"
Sturm laughed, "That's because we two are more or less grounded here in Haven, we don't or can't fly as much as we used to. Sometimes I really miss being out there, you know? Anyway, just tell Fynn that I've already setup inside. Thanks Olsen."
"Sure thing Sturm."

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - FynnMcScrap - 02-27-2015

Fynn arrved a while later, carrying his battered old datapad and a pack of slimfoil printouts.

Olsen greeted him slyly , stopping Fynn in his tracks with his grin...
"Olsen ? Whats up ?"
"Might I not just being happy to see you, Boss? "
"See me ? You see me more than most of your regulars, old chap. And you are grinning like a discordian cardplayer who won a blackjack game against five corporate bigmouths and a libertonian cruiser captain. Also, you never call me Boss except when you are up to something"

Olsen laughed and pointed over to the backroom "Nah, it´s only that Sturm vanished behind the door there and told me you´d be coming. Is there something I´d like to know ?"

"Only that you can grab a few bottles of wine and come on over. There are some things I´d like to ask you, and you are the experienced Junker we have here. Also tell your stewards that they are supposed to send Basti in if he happens to pass through the Cantina , will you ?"

"So what is up, Fynn ?"
Now Fynn grinned back at Olsen " Only some thoughts about long range exploration and wreck hunting, together with some plans for a fast evacuation vehicle. But we are still in brainstorming phase, so yust come on over.
And tell them to send in any Seniors interested, too."

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - Doc Holliday - 03-16-2015

After the latest run from Leeds in which he assisted the Tinker's rescuing refugees, Doc spent an extra day at the Haven to assist with the medical staff. Many were malnourished and in need of bathing but were in overall good shape. Having a soft spot for children, he found himself having a lunch with a young boy. It was the one payment that Doc liked for his work, a happy child.
"Thank you, Doctor," he said, "this is the most I've had to eat in awhile."
"Well eat all you like. There's more where it came from," was his answer as he ate a sandwich of his own.
Being with him reminded him of treating children back on Canaria at the Port Jackson refugee camp. He missed those days.

For Doc, the Haven was a warm place. Fynn McScrap was a friend and he always had information to trade with his protoge, Doreen Nagger. Not found of house space, Doc's visits there were infrequent. And while there, he always put on a show with the baby grand piano in the corner. This trip would be no exception.

He invited the young boy to come over and join him.
"Here," he instructed, "want to learn? Here's a childhood song that I learned later as a waltz."

Chopsticks Waltz

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - Sturm347 - 03-16-2015

William just arrived in Haven aboard T&T/Rescue.One[SRO]. After hearing what happened at Leeds the other day and being unable to go with them, William borrowed one of the rescue ships to visit Leeds himself and see what was happening there with his own eyes. He thought, "It seems funny, that I started this whole thing and I haven't been there yet."

Entering the Cantina, Olsen greeted him. "Hey Mr. Walker, How was the trip?"
"Uneventful," Walker replied, "Didn't encounter any ships from Gallia on our way there and back but from what I gather there's still a lot of work to be done at Leeds."

William heard piano music playing and ask Olsen, "So who's playing in the backroom?"
"It's Doc Holliday, he went with the boys to Leeds and had a visit Doc Naggers clinic."

He went to the backroom but stayed by the door and watched Doc play the piano with the young boy. Didn't want to interrupt and waited for them to finish. Afterwards, he proceeded to the piano and said. "Finally, I get to meet you in person Dr. Holliday. Hopefully Doreen mentioned me in one of her conversations with you but just incase she didn't, let me introduce myself, I'm William Walker, I sort of started our little foundation called Sirius Relief Organization or just simply called SRO. Would you mind having having a little chat with me over there in the corner? maybe with some tea, coffee or even wine?

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - FynnMcScrap - 03-16-2015

Fynn came in later, smiling as he heared the music and careful not to disturb Doc at the piano.
He looked over to Olsen, catching his gesturing wink and heading over to where the barkeeper had reserved a table back in a corner.

He grinned even broader as he could see past the little crowd of listeners to where Walker was standing next to Doc Holliday and decided just to sit down and wait. Little enough free time he could spend here at the Cantina recently after all. Simply ordering a glass of wine he settled, paused as he was abut to open his notepad and deliberately put it away again. He wondered if Doc knew exactly how soothing his play was.

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - Sabru - 03-17-2015

A sleek black gunship, bristling with weapons, glides into the Haven docking bay. The symbol of the Discordian Disorder known as TAZ and a wolf's head emblem the only identifiers on the ship. After landing, a hatch opens and out steps a 19 year old girl wearing robes.

Moving over, she asks around for who she is there to meet. "Kallisti, could you tell me where i could find Mr Phileas Tukker." "I suggest the Cantina." "Thank you." The girl walks over to the Cantina and looks around.

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - FynnMcScrap - 03-17-2015

Fynn noticed the unfamiliar woman and the crew member directing her over to the Cantina and wached, not instantly able to place her. But so many new faces where entering the Haven nowadays and he was so relaxed that he did not act himself, watching how Olsen would handle it in an idle and unconcerned manner.

And Olsen, seeing that Fynn was not reaching for his notepad to check any messages from security correctly assumed that the new guest was cleared and welcome. Judging her calmly and deciding that she seemed to self assured to be any underling decided to greet her himself.

Waiving amiably the old Junker gained her attention, looking directly at her then nodding respectfully and pointing at a free space at the bar.
He cleaned the desk with a short movement of his towel and placed a fresh mug on the bartop for her.

"Well met, lass. What can a simple Junker do for a beautifull lady like you ?
Looking for a spot to rest, some fun , or buisness ?"

Grinning broadly but with a friendly sparkle in his eyes he continued :

"Ja can find it all here, we even let you pick and choose.
Say, joung lady : What can I do for you ?"

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - Doc Holliday - 03-19-2015

Doc bonded with the child and he stayed with him on the bench, not so much to play but to sit and listen with his new friend.
"Doctor," he asked as he looked over his shoulder to him, "what else can you do and where did you learn how to play this? Perhaps you can teach me?"

He snickered and answered, "Son, I can play many things, things you or anyone in the entire galaxy has never heard. Now listen while I play and explain."
He began playing another song, a soft old piece. "This is perfect for dinnertime and dim lights."
As the piece began, the boy asked him, "What is this called?"
"The Tennessee Waltz," he answered. "Now just breath and listen."

The boy smiled as Doc played as he closed his eyes, smiled and gently bobbed his head to the rhythm. By song's end, his head had fallen onto Doc's bicep and he had fallen asleep. Once finished, he picked the child up and carried him to a sleeping quarters before returning to speak with Mr. Walker.

"Apologies, Sir, but it seems music was the best medicine for that lad," he smiled, "You wanted to chat? I have some time." The two men retired to the corner over coffee.

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - Sabru - 03-23-2015

Ryka makes the sign of the chao and bows her head. "Kallisti, i'm looking for Mr Phileas Tukker. We have some business to discuss. While i'm waiting, i'll take a double of Coalition Vodka." She takes a seat at the bar to wait. "A most pleasant place, the Haven seems to be." The girl waits for Phileas to arrive.

RE: The Cantina at Tinkers Haven - FynnMcScrap - 03-23-2015

Olsen raised his eyebrows in amazement and exclaimed :

"It´s Tukker you seek ?
He mentioned something of a high rank TAZ Amabassador who would visite us here, but that was jesterday. And then all of us heared the alarms as somebody spread the rumour that a LNS ship was floating somewhere, ready to open fire. All hands went to battle stat... er, all mechanics ran to theis craft."

He mustered her closely now, clearly asessing her in a new light while purely automatically starting to serve her order, a double chilled vodka with a drop of green lime sirup slowly diffuzing into the liquid like some toxic pollution.

"So you are one of the Zoners out of Baffin, Lady ?
Well met, and welcome to the Haven. I am Olsen, one of the old hands here and as you see the barman and Cantina overseer. Something like our version of a chaplain if you get my meaning"

*He grinned again, clearly enjoying himself*

"I will get the message to Tukker in no time, should take him no more than half an hour flight time to reach the Haven from Houston Landing. And you are more than welcome to stay here and chat with me if you like, the drinks are on the Haven."

Pointing around the big room and over to where Doc Holliday was talking with Mr. Walker he started a quick who-is-who for the pretty guest.

"Damm me if this is Eris blessing or what, but you sure picked a good day to come here.
I suppose you know Doc Holliday over there, and the man he is talking to is Mr. William Walker, founder of the Sirius Relief Organisation and now member of Tinker´s Board of Trustees. And see that joung scoundrel sitting so leisurely at the table behind them, drinking his wine ? That´s FynnMcScrap, our Foreman and another member of the Board."

Olsen places the drink before Ryka and smiles. Humor and good will let his old face wrinkle.
Ryka can clearly see that the old Junker seems pleased to have his bar full and likes to chat about his regulars freely.