Discovery Gaming Community
Activity Tracker For Unofficial Factions - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Activity Tracker For Unofficial Factions (/showthread.php?tid=120735)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Activity Tracker For Unofficial Factions - Haste - 09-20-2014

As I've stated elsewhere, 500 million seems a bit much compared to other 'products' the admins have on offer. Cut it in half and it'll still keep most people from bothering to sign up to keep the tracker from getting too bloated without costing quite that much.

After all, you could easily code some sort of tracker yourself in a quarter of the time it takes to powertrade 500 million. I suppose you couldn't wave that around like you can 'official' tracked time, though.

RE: Activity Tracker For Unofficial Factions - Fluffyball - 10-01-2014

We could offer two ways from that in fact. Either 500M or five-six months of activity. That would be better in fact for some people and would put end to that arguing. I believe the latter thing would be better to keep factions active...

And 500M, okay... But removal from the list after 3 months of COMPLETE inactivity. There are vacations or there could be hard work for some people, for your information. There can be moments when users weren't active much after 28 days and hit 3 hours only, but they could become active again in the next 28 days... So... What's the point? Month is too short for instaremoval.

Also, how does it apply for January and Febuary, the latter being the shortest month, but both being semestral examination period? Same with June and July.

It may also lead to absurd situations, because: X faction became less active and they need to obtain money, again. So X faction is again unactive, because all the money is earned on indie or Y faction character.

At least these 500M are guaranteed.

RE: Activity Tracker For Unofficial Factions - SnakThree - 10-01-2014

I don't see a problem here. You got new feat that you need to pay cash for. To pay the cash you need to earn money by being on server. That's activity. Even if on different char. It gets the job done. Promotes activity.

(10-01-2014, 07:37 PM)Snak3 Wrote: I don't see a problem here. You got new feat that you need to pay cash for. To pay the cash you need to earn money by being on server. That's activity. Even if on different char. It gets the job done. Promotes activity.

It would be unfair when faction directly aims for 6 hours flying around just to get quota, compared to the faction that may even fly 60 hours a month. Also, if we want to enforce this rule, I already see three factions for removal on the tracker, if we want to follow to the letter.

Extending to three or even two months would be more logical IMO, as I said, there are some periods that won't even give you 3 hours a month for Freelancer. Kinda rare, but also quite possible.

So:
Keep the price.
Keep the 6 hours / month activity.
Remove from tracker after 2 months.

RE: Activity Tracker For Unofficial Factions - SnakeLancerHaven - 10-01-2014

Why remove from tracker after 2 months? I don't get it.

So we pay each 2 month to get back on tracker again or what I'm confused.

(10-01-2014, 11:34 PM)Snake Wrote: Why remove from tracker after 2 months? I don't get it.

So we pay each 2 month to get back on tracker again or what I'm confused.

I was speaking about that rule, where faction is removed from tracker after inactivity or very little activity in a month. Or... it is not in use, as in the very first post?

(09-17-2014, 09:18 PM)Moveit56 Wrote: (...)
[*]Acknowledge that a minimum of six hours per month total is required to remain on the tracker.
[/list][/color]
At the end of every month, we'll check the list to make sure that everyone signed up for this system is making their time quota.[/color]

RE: Activity Tracker For Unofficial Factions - Havok - 10-01-2014

If the faction doesn't meet the required 6 hours, they're taken off, easy enough or not?

(10-01-2014, 11:38 PM)Havok Wrote: If the faction doesn't meet the required 6 hours, they're taken off, easy enough or not?
I was more wondering what about if faction is unactive for a month, because of e.g. examination period and can't even find those six hours. Other situation are vacations: a faction is very active for all but this one month - and faction must pay another 500 million to be back on tracker. And believe me, there are situations, when real life kicks in and you don't even have one hour in whole month to play games.

This is why I wanted to point out it should be not one but two months. I know it sounds kinda absurd, but such situation is possible and may lead to the more absurd situation, when players are forced to waste their time for earning another 500 million. Not to mention this is as expensive as SRP.

Don't get me wrong, this is NOT a complaint. I like asking questions, so I do that. I was just curious about how it would work "if".

RE: Activity Tracker For Unofficial Factions - SnakeLancerHaven - 10-02-2014

k yeh then it makes sense. 6 hours a Month ain't realy much is it? Guess every faction can bring up this minimum amount of activity

RE: Activity Tracker For Unofficial Factions - Fluffyball - 10-02-2014

(10-02-2014, 09:05 AM)Snake Wrote: k yeh then it makes sense. 6 hours a Month ain't realy much is it? Guess every faction can bring up this minimum amount of activity
*Points at OSI- and PLR activity on the tracker.* Guess not. Smile

I surrender here. :| I just wanted to say "what if". Nothing more.