Discovery Gaming Community
[redacted] - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: [redacted] (/showthread.php?tid=120810)

[redacted] - pillow - 09-19-2014

[redacted]

RE: What is this? - Rebirth - 09-19-2014

That is a strange error that you got there. And I believe it doesn't come from the game itself. But you can try the following might work ;

You should try to install DirectX again and afterwards you should reinstall the game completely this means ; also delete the My Games folder in Documents folder. You might also run CCleaner whilest the time. Don't forget to restart your PC after running CCleaner. And restart it then again after you installed Vanilla Freelancer fresh.

If it still doesn't work report back.

regards,
Rebirth

[redacted] - pillow - 09-20-2014

[redacted]

RE: What is this? - SMGSterlin - 09-20-2014

I had a similar problem once, ended up having to manually reinstall DirectX and Direct3D and configure stuff... It was a very tedious and annoying process that I wouldn't wish on anyone...

I don't even remember what all I did.

That's a weird error, but to me it looks like a problem with that .dll file. It says that -thing- couldn't be found in the d3d9.dll file. If normal Disco without the Swag Pack works, then that's fine, just don't install the Swag Pack, but if you want the Swag Pack on, I would recommend reinstalling Swag Pack, see if the error happens again.

If it DOES happen again, you might try downloading the d3d9.dll file (that's a download from my Dropbox of the d3d9.dll file on my system, no promises that it will work, you should backup the d3d9.dll you have in your own System32 folder before replacing it with the one I linked, just to be safe), I uploaded that .dll because I couldn't find a trustworthy download of it online. My system is 64 bit, Windows 7 Home Premium, and I don't have Disco or the Swag Pack installed, so there -might- be a compatibility issue with my d3d9.dll and your computer, which is why I say again to backup your own d3d9.dll before you copy mine over it.

Copy the .dll over into your system32 folder and overwrite the existing d3d9.dll that is already there, and then reload Disco with the Swag Pack to see if it works. If THAT doesn't work, you may try reinstalling DirectX, or redownloading the Swag Pack (something might've gotten corrupted the first time you downloaded it) again and reinstalling it.

Would be helpful to know what your video card is too.

[redacted] - pillow - 09-20-2014

[redacted]

RE: What is this? - Rebirth - 09-20-2014

Downloading any .dll willnot fix the installations problem, after you've downloaded and added the .dll to the registry, you have to restart your PC and reinstall the game that gets this error. I had the same problems with Star Wars Empire at War. You might want to run CCleaner after the uninstall of the game.

On which OS you are running that?

regards,
Rebirth

RE: What is this? - pillow - 09-20-2014

[redacted]

RE: What is this? - Rebirth - 09-21-2014

Send me your skype via PM, and I can look it up via Teamviewer.

regards,
Rebirth

RE: What is this? - pillow - 09-21-2014

[redacted]