Discovery Gaming Community
Mining and Humboldt - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Mining and Humboldt (/showthread.php?tid=121639)

Pages: 1 2 3

Mining and Humboldt - farmerman - 10-12-2014

You can now mine silver ore in Humboldt again. It is very shiny and should drop at a similar rate to Omega-7. Prices have been adjusted nearby on California Minor (3720), Rochester (1860), and Ouray (1860), as well.

RE: Mining and Humboldt - Sciamach - 10-12-2014

[ profits audibly ]

RE: Mining and Humboldt - Havok - 10-12-2014

Nice, I like to see this. Always loved flying Silver from Humboldt on my [HF]

RE: Mining and Humboldt - Wildkins - 10-12-2014

Glad to see the silliness that was the Cali Minor silver ore price got fixed. Plus, silver ore in Liberty. +1

RE: Mining and Humboldt - Freeroamer - 10-12-2014

Great

RE: Mining and Humboldt - |nfrared - 10-12-2014

Good to see Xenos have a sellpoint for jacked goods. +1

RE: Mining and Humboldt - SMGSterlin - 10-12-2014

Inb4 Junker civil war because too many Junker groups want that silver ore field.

RE: Mining and Humboldt - SnakThree - 10-12-2014

Mining field where you can make money and be immune to non-cloaking ships or because noone will bother cruising hundreds of clicks to interact with people. Great way for AFK traders to get rich too. Well. This sucks.

RE: Mining and Humboldt - Danny-boy - 10-12-2014

(10-12-2014, 08:17 AM)Snak3 Wrote: Mining field where you can make money and be immune to non-cloaking ships or because noone will bother cruising hundreds of clicks to interact with people. Great way for AFK traders to get rich too. Well. This sucks.

+1

Although to be fair, if there wasn't a POB slap bang in the middle of the ore field I wouldn't mind it so much. Infact before there was a POB in the middle of the ore field piracy was quite high in the area and it was a lot of fun to play there.

Piracy can offcourse still occur between the pirate and the transport if they wait far enough away, but it kills all interaction for miners in the area. The miner won't be interacting with any pirates because of the POB which kills anything that gets close, so pirates will be forced to only target the transports.

Not only does that POB prevent miner-pirate interaction, it also kills miner-trader interaction (Which I believe, though I could be wrong on this matter, the Junker Congress actually promote, if I remember correctly when asking for docking access they want people to agree to only sell ore directly to the POB & traders have to agree to only buy ore from the POB). Because what trader is going to sit in the ore field and wait 5-10 mins for ore and pay 3.5k per piece? After all they can just dock on the POB and buy all the ore they want for 2k per piece.

RE: Mining and Humboldt - Lythrilux - 10-12-2014

(10-12-2014, 10:10 AM)Danny-boy Wrote:
(10-12-2014, 08:17 AM)Snak3 Wrote: Mining field where you can make money and be immune to non-cloaking ships or because noone will bother cruising hundreds of clicks to interact with people. Great way for AFK traders to get rich too. Well. This sucks.

+1

Although to be fair, if there wasn't a POB slap bang in the middle of the ore field I wouldn't mind it so much. Infact before there was a POB in the middle of the ore field piracy was quite high in the area and it was a lot of fun to play there.

Piracy can offcourse still occur between the pirate and the transport if they wait far enough away, but it kills all interaction for miners in the area. The miner won't be interacting with any pirates because of the POB which kills anything that gets close, so pirates will be forced to only target the transports.

Not only does that POB prevent miner-pirate interaction, it also kills miner-trader interaction (Which I believe, though I could be wrong on this matter, the Junker Congress actually promote, if I remember correctly when asking for docking access they want people to agree to only sell ore directly to the POB & traders have to agree to only buy ore from the POB). Because what trader is going to sit in the ore field and wait 5-10 mins for ore and pay 3.5k per piece? After all they can just dock on the POB and buy all the ore they want for 2k per piece.
I agree with this tbh.

How come unlawfuls can't have a decent sellpoint for the ore? :c