Discovery Gaming Community
IFF problem - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: IFF problem (/showthread.php?tid=121764)

Pages: 1 2

IFF problem - Fluffyball - 10-14-2014

Pirate restart don't have Freelancer affiliation, what now bothers me, because while pirating npcs in Kusari, I end up either with GC or Dragon IFF, despite my Pirate ID.

Isn't there any other way to override automatic affiliation after npcs have been shot down?

RE: IFF problem - SnakThree - 10-14-2014

Double bribe Freelancer rep.

RE: IFF problem - kuvacz - 10-14-2014

(10-14-2014, 06:01 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote: Pirate restart don't have Freelancer affiliation, what now bothers me, because while pirating npcs in Kusari, I end up either with GC or Dragon IFF, despite my Pirate ID.

Isn't there any other way to override automatic affiliation after npcs have been shot down?

Use droprep and double-bribes or just do a Freelancer restart and then buy the Pirate ID.

That's how it usually works and that's also exactly why a General Pirate IFF would be very much appreciated by most players, at least the lawfull ones.

Meeting a "green" Freeelancer just to realize, when he's already too close to escape, using a Pirate ID ain't fun.

RE: IFF problem - Derkylos - 10-14-2014

If you're pirating mainly in one house, you should probably use the major unlawful IFF anyways, just so that people are aware of the fact that you're a pirate, not a freelancer. Not everyone has the luxury of time to scan you for ID all the time, and what happens if you come across a freelancer working with the police engaged in a fight already, and you just jump in?

Say, for example, someone with Freelancer IFF/Pirate ID jumps into a LN+Faze vs Rogue fight? The guy with the freelancer IFF has an immediate PVP advantage, as the freelancers will not register him as a hostile target unless they scan him...

RE: IFF problem - Fluffyball - 10-14-2014

(10-14-2014, 06:16 PM)Derkylos Wrote: If you're pirating mainly in one house, you should probably use the major unlawful IFF anyways, just so that people are aware of the fact that you're a pirate, not a freelancer. Not everyone has the luxury of time to scan you for ID all the time, and what happens if you come across a freelancer working with the police engaged in a fight already, and you just jump in?

Say, for example, someone with Freelancer IFF/Pirate ID jumps into a LN+Faze vs Rogue fight? The guy with the freelancer IFF has an immediate PVP advantage, as the freelancers will not register him as a hostile target unless they scan him...

GC are chicks, BD are disallowed to pirate transports. FKS-Ronin is an independant pirate ship, akin to terrorists. Think about bandits or Ikko Ikki. - what does fit neither GC nor BD style.

RE: IFF problem - Derkylos - 10-14-2014

IFF is OoRP, tho...or? (if ID is what you go by...)

(10-14-2014, 06:29 PM)Derkylos Wrote: IFF is OoRP, tho...or? (if ID is what you go by...)
In fact I got kinda annoyed when everyone takes me by a chick or a Dragon. And is in fact problematic that I need to straighten my affiliation. :|

RE: IFF problem - SnakThree - 10-14-2014

Get double FL bribe. Oh wait, I already gave you solution to problem.

Will try. Where to get such bribe?

RE: IFF problem - Sturm347 - 10-14-2014

Freelancer bribe is available at barrier gate station i think