Discovery Gaming Community
End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict (/showthread.php?tid=122070)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Alley - 10-22-2014

Disclaimer: Not going to go in the lore specifics in this thread.

This is something that should have been done for a long time now, this thing has been going on for more than four years.

The problem here is that we don't have as many players as we used to have, and several people believe ending this war will put an end to the last active battlefield.

Of course, ending this war means we'll create new battlefields, we're not going to leave Rheinland without a major one or two (or three? hue). Liberty would get its share as well.

For reference, one of the examples a community member used was that if we made the Hessians expand further into Rheinland, the absence of Hessian opponents would turn Rheinland into a dead place like Kusari and it wouldn't actually create a new battlefield.

You're all going to have a chance to voice your opinion on that matter, and specifically if the war should be finally put to an end. This only about the impact of a decision like this on the server itself, not on the lore, so don't bother posting lore stuff.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Wildkins - 10-22-2014

As someone who's regularly experienced the [LN] side of the conflict, it's simply gotten boring. We've all seen it time and time again, and fighting the same ships with the same ships every day for four years has just gotten tedious, and is part of why a lot of the Liberty players have stopped playing. If we get a re-focus in the direction of Gallia, we might see some new activity sprout up.

Of course, the Texas raids are one of the few things that still bring activity to Liberty, so there's always a cost to every decision. Still, I think it's the right one to keep the mod fresh and alive. +1

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - WesternPeregrine - 10-22-2014

Germans have... I mean, Rheinlanders have achieved their main objective of stopping the Libertonian offensive.
Liberty has... lost sight of the original objective (capturing something?, I don't know.)

I guess those are good conditions to call a truce, and project the end of the war.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Mirdynn - 10-22-2014

And them perhaps the Kusari-Liberty war breaks out?

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Geolog - 10-22-2014

People stop using alts, vote with only one acc the main one you have, because I think I already see one dude used 3 accs. Also, why vote with BAF admirality acc or the New Kusari Aliance???

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Alley - 10-22-2014

(10-22-2014, 08:12 PM)Geolog Wrote: People stop using alts, vote with only one acc the main one you have, because I think I already see one dude used 3 accs. Also, why vote with BAF admirality acc or the New Kusari Aliance???

don't bother double votes will be removed when we'll be done with this thread.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - AshHill07 - 10-22-2014

This war started for a stupid reason and has gone on so long that barely anyone even cares about it anymore. The conflicts happen so often even the tactics used by either side have become routine.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Highland Laddie - 10-22-2014

Quote:...the absence of Hessian opponents would turn Rheinland into a dead place like Kusari and it wouldn't actually create a new battlefield.

IMO, you've already answered your own question here. We've technically already had Gallia as a primary opponent for both Bretonia & Liberty since 4.86, and it hasn't necessarily shifted any focus towards more GRN-LN fights. Sure, they still happen, but I believe there are STILL more Texas raids than Magellan/Leeds fights going on nowadays.

How are you going to entice players to play Hessians and fight against the RM? This never worked with Kusari. You never saw a great rise in players switching to play Outcasts, Blood Dragons or Golden Chrys' (also because they had NEW opponent in GRN).

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - DeLametr - 10-22-2014

I like this idea

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Karst - 10-22-2014

(10-22-2014, 07:50 PM)Alley Wrote: Of course, ending this war means we'll create new battlefields, we're not going to leave Rheinland without a major one or two (or three? hue). Liberty would get its share as well.

For reference, one of the examples a community member used was that if we made the Hessians expand further into Rheinland, the absence of Hessian opponents would turn Rheinland into a dead place like Kusari and it wouldn't actually create a new battlefield.

I guess it depends very much on what the above paragraph would entail exactly.
Indeed it would be reasonable inrp to end a war that has ground to a halt long ago anyway, but I too subscribe to the view that removing this potential for pewing is problematic.

The main thing is that whatever does happen is communicated properly, and the factions most affected by it have a say in it.

Really don't want to have another "Hamburg gate" situation, a unilateral decision that literally all Rheinland factions disagreed with. If it's going to mean changes to bases, routes, etc., please tell us.