Discovery Gaming Community
End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict (/showthread.php?tid=122070)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Vredes - 10-23-2014

As I said before. Move the battlefront to New Hampshine and the neighbouring systems.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Fluffyball - 10-23-2014

(10-23-2014, 05:51 PM)Vredes Wrote: As I said before. Move the battlefront to New Hampshine and the neighbouring systems.

+1. Front should be in fact there, not in Texas, not in New Berlin, Hamburg and so on.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Highland Laddie - 10-23-2014

Quote:And then do what exactly? Camp the JG so Liberty never comes? Or stay somewhere in the system and await their arrival ? - in this case traveling by the lane and informing them in chat beforehand works just as well.
Jumping into system only works if you're actually planning to surprise someone - but for that to happen there should be someone in the system in first place, which often isn't the case with TX for example.

My comment was more in response to the complaints about the difficulties of having to fly battle turtles through asteroid fields, lanes, etc. and why it is apparently NECESSARY to restore the Liberty-Rheinland jump gates. What you do after you jump is your business.

Quote:Only instanes where "jumping into the fight, while sacrificing the ability to jump out" becomes relevant from PvP view is - Outcast raids on the edge of their ZOI (Liberty/Gamma), Corsair raids on the edge of their ZOI (Bretonia, Rheinland, Alpha).

Your opinion. I disagree. What if you just wanna have pews (and there are certainly Liberty-Rheinland players out there for solely that reason)? What exactly makes a pirate raid more legitimate than a House military one? What about a mining corporation raiding enemy resources?

Quote:As for jumping out under fire - only possible with carriers and docking modules. You won't be able to jump out with a group jumpship, otherwise - or you'll need very good timings and coordination.

IMO, if you're organized and coordinated enough to put together a sizable raid into an enemy House, you should be intelligent and organized enough to coordinate fleet actions with a jumpship. That's part of the drama/fun/skill/RP/game.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - FynnMcScrap - 10-23-2014

First of all : I voted jes to see progress. I would even be happy with the war shifting. And not because of Rheinland ships bombarding the Haven .( I hope they don´t because of this )
But because history is notr static... and a game should not be. Let it evolve... let it change. Having to adapt, having to learn new paths, having to get new alleigances... is important.
Without change no curiosity and without curiosity ... only boredom. Happy new jear.

(10-23-2014, 09:46 AM)Timmy Wrote: You may as well just delete discovery server. Denny it if you want, but RP is not an activity buffer for a faction. The best ones are pvp and powertrading/mining.

True . You don´t only need game mechanics or pilots. You need economics... game economics, not lore.
So you need trade to attract piracy, need piracy to attract lawfuls, need lawfuls to make smuggling interesting... and so on.

Even if I hope you will NOT delete the Server. Well... I don´t envie the balance team. Hey : heads up ! As long as we are arguing about you it´s not going to be boring ;-)

(10-23-2014, 09:54 AM)Lonely_Ghost Wrote: Voted yes, but ending this war would bring a lot of work to do for devs, and especialy "universe designers".

1) In some way, boost LN and GRN players interactions. Add cap missions in Magelan, Leeds, Manchester. Might be even mining fields, stimulate player's presence in thouse systems.

2) Do same with Hessians, Corsairs and RM. Refocus RM on deep Omega operations. Add cap missions in Omega systems, which would attrackt players with caps, and don't make too much asteroid field.

3) Boost damn Wilde! More NPC encounters, expensive pod drops, might be even trial Wilde ID, as we have with Nomads.

4) Alow Core & Order to operate in Omegas. Players in one region attracting other players. More kinds in sandbox, more fun. Turn Omegas, and Stuttgart into space filled with a lot of hazards and goods.

Not bad...

(10-23-2014, 12:29 PM)Mao Wrote: Alley, more threads like this one and more GoT reference on your profile and I'll fall in love, srsly... despite the past.

Anyway, on topic:

Liberty
They kinda won and crippled RM. Now, LN forces are needed somewhere else. See Gallia and even Kusari.
New battlefields: Manchester, Magellan, Cortez, Galileo, Kepler.

Rheinland
With many of their battleships disabled and high loses, they face the enemies within. Red Hessians, Corsairs and others start becoming a real problem for the tired military. A frontal assault of RH in Dresden would surely spice things up in Rheinland. RH finally made a battleship so there's a good possibility for huge cap fights.
New battlefields: Omega-7, Dresden, Stuttgart

Kusari
With their navy defeated, they need economic growth to recover. However, political struggle and terrorists are about to throw the house into a civil war. BD should take the opportunity and push the KNF in Honshu and GMG would raise even more ambitions about that system. On the other hand, Gallia would try to keep this state stable as much as possible in order to maintain stability at their "eastern" borders. They'd send a battlegroup to secure the western Kusari (Kyushu, New Tokyo, Rishiri, Shikoku). This would be seen as a provocative action by Liberty that would decide to attack.
New battlefields: Honshu, Shikoku, Okinawa

Bretonia
Trying to get back some of its lost territories, BAF tries to push their forces along with LN and CR in Leeds, via Manchester. However, Gallia is pushing launching their final assault against Bretonia on 3 fronts (Dublin, New London, Manchester).
New battlefields: Manchester, Dublin, New London, Magellan, Cortez.

Gallia
Gallia is now way too stretched. Their forces fight on numerous battlefields against Liberty, Bretonia, Blood Dragons, Outcasts and others. A new front is open by the CR when they try a daring attack against GRN in Tau-31 and Tau-23, trying to cut down enemy supply lines. IMG finally switches sides and also attack the GRN making their lives miserable in the Taus. The Council launches simultaneous attacks from Champagne and the Outcasts enter the fighting in the Taus, seeking their own interests.
New battlefields: Manchester, Dublin, New London, Shikoku, Galileo, Kepler, Leeds, Magellan, Cortez, Tau-31, Tau-23, Orkney, Champagne, Burgundy

Make a new system for beginners, like "Unknown" (minus the radiation). Put 7 jumholes in it, each of them leading to one of the capitals of the houses and have each of these JHs guarded by a small station. On that station place a commodity like a history manual for players to read and understand what they can find in each house.

Thumbs up !

All of you : ceep discussing.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Doc Holliday - 10-23-2014

(10-23-2014, 01:02 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote:
(10-23-2014, 12:49 PM)Doc Holliday Wrote: I look at it from a lore perspective. They were fighting over Hudson and Bering, neither system having much of value in them. Leave them as buffer zones...AS THEY WERE!!
-Rheinland seems to have lost sight over who loaned them money to fight Kusari during it's 80 years war....Liberty.
-Rheinland is broke from fighting two wars.
-Liberty has enough trouble with Gallia or at least it will.

And yes, it's gotten old.
Liberty should be broken or heavily injured from fighting two wars as well. I mean, they cannot afford fighting Gallia and Rheinland in the same time.

In lore, they have NO VALUABLE RESOURCES. Moreover, if they engage in war with Kusari, it is over for them, because no H-Fuel. Rheinland border is closed. If upper border would be closed as well, imagine how Liberty would have been screwed. And not only Liberty, but Bretonia as well, because GMG must go through Kusari, Liberty and then into Bretonia.

And I don't believe GRN would just accept GMG trespassing Taus and Leeds to supply Bretonia. Sure, there's some Helium in Penny, but it is not enough to fuel two houses. Yet I am not sure if that cloud is not kinda ooRP.

Didn't take the H-fuel thing into account. Perhaps that's why Gallia came to an agreement with Kusari even if the GMG, who consider themselves independent quite often of Kusari, mine and control the H-fuel.

I also agree that any house that fights a two-front war should be punished.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Sciamach - 10-23-2014

(10-23-2014, 11:49 PM)Doc Holliday Wrote: I also agree that any house that fights a two-front war should be punished.

*cough* RHEINLAND AGAINST LIBERTY AND THE HESSIANS *cough*

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - WesternPeregrine - 10-23-2014

(10-23-2014, 11:53 PM)Scourgeclaw Wrote:
(10-23-2014, 11:49 PM)Doc Holliday Wrote: I also agree that any house that fights a two-front war should be punished.

*cough* RHEINLAND AGAINST LIBERTY AND THE HESSIANS *cough*

You know, most houses have hardcoded a war against their own criminals (revolutionaries) and and outside threat (either Outcasts or Corsairs). Should be a reason for any house to never consider a war against another house whatsoever, if we take the argument to the extreme.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Sciamach - 10-24-2014

Because the casual Rogue/Outcast smuggling problem in Liberty is entirely the same as the Hessians, who are literally taking control of entire systems in Rheinland

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - Wraga - 10-24-2014

Put a revolution in Kusari and let the Blood Dragons to "lead" it.
Make the Kusari goverment to fight a civil war.
Let Kusari to be hostile with Gallia again.
Let Bretonia to fight back the gauls from their space.
Let Gallia to loose Edinburgh and give it as a gaian home system, who got it as a reward, for helping the BAF in this.
Let the hessians to occupy Dresden.
Let Rheinland to help the Kusari goverment.
Let Liberty to face with the time of peace with Rheinland, but to loose territories for both rogues, xenos and hackers.
Let the Outcasts to get some space from Gallia.
Let the corsairs to get some space from Hessians.
etc. etc.

So after the off, I vote on yes.

RE: End of the Liberty-Rheinland conflict - black widow3 - 10-24-2014

Why not have a second nomad war like the one the SP campaign was based on but this time involving all the house and factions of discovery.

We have a large nomad, K'Hara and Wilde following lets expand that into current lore?

We could create a RP event/s that could lead to the beginning of a new chapter in discovery.

It could involve the sudden rise of Gallia at Sirius's door.

What with Gallia being so powerful and being closed from Sirius during the Trent/Juni incident. It's possible that now Gallia have come out all guns blazing, they would be the perfect targets for the nomads and Wilde. In order to posses them and have Gallia do the nomads bidding.

Nomads have kinda been on the Back foot these last few updates, well infact forever. But they have nonetheless always been there posing as real a threat as ever.

If Gallia was to become infested with nomads then this could drive a new inter house war with, Nomads, Wilde and Gallia on one side and the Allies on another say Bretonia, Liberty and Kusari + GMG

Leave Rheinland without a war for the next update. With it being broke from IC pulling out, the war with liberty, constant attacks from a ever stronger Hessian menace.

It makes more sense that for now Rheinland stays at home, you could even add corsairs in the mix.

With corsairs for ever hungry for more food, and Rheinland being weakened by all the above. Plus recently loosing Dresden to the Hessians, the corsairs could strike Rheinland in its weak state to help feed the corsair people.

Corsairs could invade Stuttgart and take the planet over for its food reserves.

A people will do anything when driven to the brink.

People are right, the lore needs a shake up and any storyline similar to the one I have outlined above could easily be implemented through ingame events and forums RP!

What do you guys think?