Discovery Gaming Community
I am no longer KTA leader - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: I am no longer KTA leader (/showthread.php?tid=122585)

Pages: 1 2 3

I am no longer KTA leader - Fluffyball - 11-07-2014

Yeah, why I do that? I snapped. I finally snapped. And understanded that I am not good or never been a good leader. I screw everything up. Every idea, every RP, everything I am involved into. I am sorry to all, whom I gave hope or pissed off with KTA as a whole.

I don't need your understandment. I screwed everything up and I should be never ever leader of anything. I am sorry. But that's me, having a lot of ideas, but I screw a lot of them.

RE: I withdraw from the KTA idea - sindroms - 11-07-2014

Okay.

RE: I withdraw from the KTA idea - Technogeist - 11-07-2014

Yo don't get yourself too down,
at least you're not a policeman in Bagdad,
or a Palestinian driving buses on the Gaza strip,
or the architect of the World Trade Center.

Some people have it worse than you, so, ain't nothing you can't rebound from.

RE: I withdraw from the KTA idea - Vogel - 11-07-2014

I read your KTA thing.

It offers nothing new, or innovative, or compelling. There's no new mechanic, no internal rule set that distinguishes it or makes it fascinating to be a part of. No overriding goal to be achieved collectively. Because of that there's no real compensation for members, since in-game money is more easily obtained using an individual's own methods and for their own purposes. The most interaction you have between other factions involves "agreements" which are functionally pointless and unenforceable by either party, let alone by either party's presiding government. You stress "RP" for new members but in the end you're asking them to just be another fat, lumbering, self-purchased and self-serviced target flying around with a useless clan prefix.

Once you realize that nobody else will tell you these blisteringly obvious problems, you'll finally understand the nature of this place.

RE: I withdraw from the KTA idea - Sath - 11-07-2014

First things first. Put in a lot of thought on the faction ID part. One glitch (as for me) I found would be your constant ID changing (it may or may not be due to consequences). And maybe, try the IDs that offer something different than the normal trading. Junker ID is good, since it offers a good way to trade, as well as to pirate. And lastly, use the potent of your ID to the fullest. Like, I guess the Bretonian corps can engage in privateering against Gallic corps (not sure) and Gateway/Bowex can pirate each other outside house space. And piracy with Junker ID, was, atleast for me, an unusual thing before I saw JM|. Don't stick onto the one line in the ID that states trading/mining...Things might get interesting somewhere, somehow and when it does, you will have a lot of others willing to play alongside you.

RE: I withdraw from the KTA idea - r3vange - 11-07-2014

Flood is srsbsns

RE: I withdraw from the KTA idea - Fluffyball - 11-07-2014

I put a lot in effort into KTA, too much effort, I tried to make it just a trade faction. Due to my idiotic nature, I screwed it up everything. Just that.

RE: I withdraw from the KTA idea - Lythrilux - 11-07-2014

Everyone's first faction is usually bad. I went from ALR (which wasn't the greatest thing I had conceived) to JM and Core.
Experience in leading other factions helps too, such as when I lead BHG|.
Plus, trade factions are actually pretty hard to lead and run, so don't be too hard on yourself.

RE: I withdraw from the KTA idea - |nfrared - 11-07-2014

There is no shame in this. Admitting that you are out of you depth, or struggling with something is not a weakness, but something you will grow from.

I don't know the details of your particular situation, but I know how it feels to walk away from something you have worked hard on. Just learn from it. Later you will draw strength from these experiences.

RE: I withdraw from the KTA idea - Mímir - 11-07-2014

For what it's worth, you did leave a mark. You tried, you interacted with lots of people and you created something. You should be proud of that.