Discovery Gaming Community
To: JM|- From: Liberty Police Incorporated - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: JM|- From: Liberty Police Incorporated (/showthread.php?tid=123500)

Pages: 1 2

To: JM|- From: Liberty Police Incorporated - Liberty Police Inc. - 12-08-2014

[Image: 2cscv1e.jpg]

To :  Junker Marauders JM|-
Priority : Medium
Subject : Criminal activity at Rochester

Greetings to the Junker Marauders,

I first want to thank the Marauders for their recent cooperation with Liberty Police Incorporated on many issues. Our relations with the Junkers have never been better and I intend to keep it that way. However there is an issue which must be dealt with.

We can no longer stand by while ships hostile to Liberty are launching attacks from Rochester station. The proximity of Rochester station to our capital of Planet Manhattan is troubling given these incidents. Especially when many unlawful ships are docking to evade our officers. Unfortunately this is not just an isolated issue concerning a few ships. We at LPI have been monitoring the amount of unlawful activity at Rochester over the past few months and frankly it is very disappointing.

This is not a new issue and we do recognize that the Marauders have curtailed much of the unlawful activities. However this is an issue that must be dealt with.

We appreciate the cordial relations we maintain with the Marauders and we have no wish to do anything that would go against the treaty between Liberty and the Junkers. Because of this I would like to propose cooperation on ending these unlawful activities. I would like to set up  a working group so that we can work together to finally solve this issue. I welcome any thoughts and ideas you might have that will effect a timely resolution on this matter.

I look forward to your response.

Safe Skies,

Jonas Valent
Chief of Police, Liberty Police Incorporated

[Image: 2zyik20.jpg]

RE: To: JM|- From: Liberty Police Incorporated - Lythrilux - 12-09-2014

[Image: jchlOA2.png]

Greetings Mr. Valent

Firstly, I must thank you for your praise. Before we came along, Junker bases ran a mock with criminal filth that almost clogged the hallways. They would use Rochester for whatever sinister criminal actives they had in mind, run back to it when caught, and then the Junkers would be blamed for it! With us now working at the helm of Junker base administration, we're successfully sweeping up whatever unwanted nasties off the base that may be found. Furthermore I'm grateful that you appreciate our efforts in seeking out and reporting any smugglers within Liberty. A clean Liberty is what we all want - for a better Liberty.

We are trying as hard as we can to prevent those who base off our bases for criminal activity. We even made a nice little bulletin with a load of base laws. We even do regular patrols of our stations, to keep them extra clean.

If you wish to cooperate in this matter, then we already have something set up so that you can report any instances of criminal activity around our stations. If you have any more suggestions, fire away. I am all ears.

-G.M
The Junker Marauders

[Image: qff6ZIp.png]

RE: To: JM|- From: Liberty Police Incorporated - Liberty Police Inc. - 12-09-2014

To : JM|-

Greetings George Masters,

We appreciate all your efforts to discourage unlawful activity at your station including the channel you have established to report unlawful pilots docking at Rochester.

I would like to suggest we also attempt a more overt strategy. I would like to propose active cooperation on combating these unlawful pilots. To begin with I would like to extend LPI's patrols to encompass Rochester station. To protect your sovereignty we will ensure our patrol craft will never come within 5k of Rochester station. This will allow us to actively scan the area for unlawful activity while also respecting your territory. At no time will my officers engage any hostile within 10k of your station . This condition will ensure no harm will come to any of your personnel and families living on your station. If this proves to be acceptable perhaps in the near future we could begin joint patrols of the area.

I want to stress that this is in no way an attack on your sovereignty but instead an attempt to protect not only the Republic of Liberty but also the Marauders interests. I have spent years in the service of Liberty and have come across many dishonorable groups. But in all my experience every junker I have encountered has proven to be honorable. Because of that I have a great respect for your people and that is part of the reason I have approached you on this issue. The reputation of the Junkers has suffered by these disreputable pilots and perhaps by cooperating we can not only protect the interests of the Republic of Liberty but also work to improve the perception of the Junker Marauders within Liberty.

If you have questions or alternative ideas I welcome them. I look forward to your response.

Safe Skies,

Jonas Valent

RE: To: JM|- From: Liberty Police Incorporated - Lythrilux - 12-09-2014

Mr. Valent,

Your offer to conduct patrols sounds suitable, considering it is within the Junker base laws. Generally if a troublesome individual is spotted and you are dragged into combat against your will, I would prefer that you try to make 10k distance between yourself (and your foe) and Rochester. And of course, we will be absolutely happy to shoot any naughty individuals who don't play nicely with you around our station if we are within the vicinity.
Send any evidence you of these law breakers to us and we'll revoke their docking privileges.
And I completely understand your situation. We don't find it an attack on our sovereignty. Simply, if we wish to exist peacefully in Liberty we must adhere to your rules.
If there is anything else you wish to discuss, feel free.

Onto another subject, we have a troublemaker who has stolen one of our vessels and is using it illegally.. To my knowledge, ship theft is illegal in Liberty. I would be grateful if you could deal with this individual. He is mercenary working for Liberty, however I do not like how he has taken one of our vessels without our permission and disregards our authority in regards to that.

-G.M
The Junker Marauders

RE: To: JM|- From: Liberty Police Incorporated - Lythrilux - 12-11-2014

Re-Transmitting

RE: To: JM|- From: Liberty Police Incorporated - Liberty Police Inc. - 12-19-2014

To : JM|-

Greetings George Masters,

I first want to apologize for the delay in this response. I was enjoying a well deserved vacation.

I appreciate the Junker Marauders willingness to cooperate on this matter. I've noted the channel you have established on the neural net regarding unlawfuls docking on your station. We will now be investigating any pilot reported on that channel as long as sufficient evidence has been presented.

As far as the rules you have established for your station I do have one concern. I have instructed our lawyers to read over your laws and I have been informed of a possible legal loophole that might encourage unlawful docking on your station. I am of course referring to Section 1a. The statement "Pilots and captains may dock or moor with the station if under threat;". While we understand the intent of this statement it could be misconstrued to allow docking of unlawfuls trying to escape our officers. I would advise you look over this matter as we all know that disreputable pilots will use any legal trickery to justify their questionable actions.

I have also ordered my officers to extend their patrols in the New York System to encompass Rochester Station. We will of course respect you NFZ during our operations. Hopefully our increased vigilance will have some positive effect.

On the topic of the pilot using one of your vessels illegally, Please send all information available on this pilot so we can begin to take action against him. If indeed he is a approved contractor for the Republic of Liberty we can put pressure on him to prevent the future use of this illegal vessel.

I look forward to future cooperation on these matter.

Safe Skies,

Jonas Valent

RE: To: JM|- From: Liberty Police Incorporated - Lythrilux - 12-23-2014

Mr. Valent,

In the eyes of Liberty, the specified part of section 1A is moot. When dealing with criminals, they will find no haven nor sanctity by exploiting the base laws to their benefit. Mainly that statement is for our bases which don't exist within the houses.
On the subject of Zettsu, we have sent you all the evidence we have. Indeed, he does work for Liberty, he took a moment to boast about it to me so I am quite informed.
I await your response.

-G.M
The Junker Marauders

RE: To: JM|- From: Liberty Police Incorporated - Lythrilux - 01-09-2015

Re-Transmitting

RE: To: JM|- From: Liberty Police Incorporated - Liberty Police Inc. - 01-09-2015

To : George Masters, Junker Marauders
Subject : Matters of Mutual Interests

Mr. Masters,

I apologize for the delay in the response. We are constructing a new facility in the New York System, Adirondack Station, which has occupied much of my time recently.

I have received all the information you have gathered about this pilot Zettsu. I have also gotten reports from my officers corroborating your information. I will be issuing a communique to him shortly to resolve this matter and return this vessel to its legitimate owners.

As I stated earlier we are currently in the process of constructing Adirondack Station. Any help the Junker Marauders could offer in the supply in this base would be appreciated. There are several commodities we will be in need of which can be discussed through private channels.

In return instead of financial compensation I had another idea which might benefit your faction. Our impound yards in Illinois are currently overflowing with confiscated vessels. The high crime rate inside Liberty has led to an increase in the amount of vessels seized for use in criminal activities. Perhaps we could make an exemption to the current law and allow the Marauders use of some of these vessels instead of destroying them just to make room in our impound yards.

If this is something that interests you let me know and we can discuss this idea further.

I look forward to your response,

Jonas Valent
Chief of Police - Liberty Police Incorporated

RE: To: JM|- From: Liberty Police Incorporated - Lythrilux - 01-10-2015

Mr. Valent,

Thank you, I hope the matter with Zettsu can be resolved soon.

Your proposal regarding Adirondack Station is sound. In fact, we've already begun supplying your base. We'd also happily take Z-Line vessels off your hands and fly them in Liberty, to conduct lawful business of course for both our and your benefit.

-G.M
The Junker Marauders