Discovery Gaming Community
Allow multiboxing again. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Allow multiboxing again. (/showthread.php?tid=123823)

Pages: 1 2 3

Allow multiboxing again. - sindroms - 12-19-2014

Not like the server has any issues when it comes to free slots.

The only reason we had that disabled was during the high-activity times, when you had to relive your CS days, trying to get into the server. That and now you can multibox from the same PC by simply launching FL through the same shortcut again. So not like it is poor people trying to complain how people with two PCs should play on their level or whatever.

That and I wouldn't mind sitting on three pirates, locking down a system on my own. And hitting a convoy of 4 easily-killable ore transports, since the one player cannot save them all.

RE: Allow multiboxing again. - Doria - 12-19-2014

Hmmm...

Let me think a while....

No.

RE: Allow multiboxing again. - sindroms - 12-19-2014

Quite the good argument you have there.

RE: Allow multiboxing again. - Doria - 12-19-2014

Thanks, mate... Big Grin

RE: Allow multiboxing again. - tothebonezone - 12-19-2014

I vote yes.

RE: Allow multiboxing again. - Echo 7-7 - 12-19-2014

When Sindy suggests radical rules changes...

On topic: It's a fascinating thought experiment, but I don't see this getting any farther than that. There are already issues with players earning cash too quickly such that its value becomes reduced, so I see no reason to permit multiboxing.

Perhaps, but many ships are also a moneysink. Losing them by getting them blown up is also a moneysink.
Mining up 4 transports of ore is also a time investment.

So in the end, multiboxing would benefit the overall gameplay.

Imho, flying multiple ships at a time is challenging in by itself on many levels. Not to mention the amount of attention it would require from the player involved. It would also mean sacrificing protection for the sake of practicality. You know, just like players preferring flying 3kers instead of 5kers.

RE: Allow multiboxing again. - Zynth - 12-19-2014

Multibox mining would mean mining might need to be re-designed. Seeing as mining was meant to reward group efforts.

RE: Allow multiboxing again. - Fluffyball - 12-19-2014

I disagree. In my opinion, multiboxing was forbidden, because it lead into powertrading, with one player making money three times faster with 3 characters rather that one player-one character combo.

I can see your point about piracy, but multiboxing WILL BE used by players and will be very unfair for normal players.

And at the same time, multiboxing traders are a MUCH easier target and losing 5 ships of cargo WILL hurt, if they don't pay. And they usually do not.