Discovery Gaming Community
Broadband Transmission to Gallic space - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Broadband Transmission to Gallic space (/showthread.php?tid=123985)

Broadband Transmission to Gallic space - AlphaWolf215 - 12-25-2014

The line flares open, static filling it. A sea of white noise. The comms officer switches it to text showing on the screen, and it begins to type itself out.

Grand Marechal, I hope I pronounced that correctly.

I am Fleet Admiral Michelle O'Brian of Bretonian Command. I ask, that upon this day, you will hear me out.

If we look to our ancestors, and wars from our home world, Planet Earth of Sol, we will see this day, Christmas Day, was a day of peace, and loving. I propose, that in line with traditions of old, we arrange a temporary cease fire, till the end of tomorrow, Boxing Day, 26/12/821A.S.

This will allow time to our many brave men and women, to spend time with their families, to join with loved ones separated by this war. As I said, it is a day of peace and love. Will you allow this, for your people as well as mine?

Fleet Admiral O'Brian
Armed Forces Command
Bretonian Armed Forces

RE: Broadband Transmission to Gallic space - Omi - 12-25-2014

A few hours later, a reply signal is detected on the same bandwidth. The message is entirely unencrypted.

Location Unknown
25. Decembre 737 AGS

Sender: Grande Maréchale Lucie LeBlanc, Gallic Royal Navy
Recipient: Armed Forces Command, Bretonian Armed Forces.
Topic: Re: Ceasefire.

Madame O'Brian,

I find your request rather charming, madame, if a little perplexing. While it may be Christmas Day - a fact of which I am well aware, though I thank you for your attempt at education - that, in and of itself, carries little weight here on the battlefield. Indeed, Naval Command sees no compelling reason to agree to any temporary cessation of hostilities.

However - by the grace of His Majesty, King Charles XI, the fist of war may yet be transformed back into the hand of friendship. Indeed, the spirit of peace and goodwill may yet ring sound and true through the skies of New London, Cambridge, and even the war-torn, shattered rock that you know as Leeds. That option has been there from the beginning, and it yet holds today:

Lay down your arms, Fleet Admiral. Lay down your arms and end this senseless struggle, that your men may return to their families, and that the people of Bretonia may breathe newfound harmony and contentment, as the ashes and fires of war are laid to rest by His Majesty's protective gaze, under which Bretonia shall prosper once again.

Issue your surrender, and you shall have your peace. The choice is yours to make.

Cordialement,
Lucie LeBlanc, Duchesse de Maine
Grande Maréchale of the King's Royal Navy

Transmission End

RE: Broadband Transmission to Gallic space - AlphaWolf215 - 12-25-2014

The text begins on the screen once more

Miss LeBlanc

Then it would appear you know no compassion, nor have any sense of care towards your people, and those you vow to protect. You show that your only wish is for personal gain. Why, may I ask, would Bretonia surrender themselves to such.. Well, slavery? We would never bow down to Gallic rule. Bretonia is a free people, much unlike the oppressive rule of His Highness, Charles the Frogginess.

To the Gallic people that recieve this message, know I did this not just for Bretonia, but for you and your families as well. It is not right that civilians must suffer for the actions of governments. Know this, that I fight not just for my people and my Queen, but for your freedom too. Bretonia is a free people, and unlike you, Grand Marechal, I do care for them. The next we speak, it shall be on the battlefield, or in Bretonias court rooms.

Fleet Admiral O'Brian
Armed Forces Command
Bretonian Armed Forces

RE: Broadband Transmission to Gallic space - Thunderer - 12-26-2014

- Catégorie de Message: Difussion visuelle -
-= Cryptage Simple =-

Priorité: Moyen
Pour: Tous qui peuvent entendre
De: Vicompte Pierre Vincent du Petit Thouars
Position: R.N.S. Tonnant, Leeds Système
Sujet: Réponse

[Image: freelancerpierrevincent.jpg]

"So... No wine?"
He sighs.
"I am nervous now. I have to sublimate. Blowing something up might be of use..."

- Fin de Message -