Discovery Gaming Community
Jump Gates - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Jump Gates (/showthread.php?tid=124390)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Jump Gates - Tutashkhia - 01-06-2015

I mustn't be the only one who is suffering from their turrets, right?

I do hope Jump Gate's firepower will be refused in the next update.

Edit: This is the wrong place for this thread, yes? Smile

Edit-Edit: Actually here is the suggestions: Remove mines from NPCs, so trade lanes wouldn't go down. 90% of times trade lanes are destroyed by NPCs' mines which explode nearby the trade lane.

RE: Jump Gates - Jack_Henderson - 01-06-2015

Forbid Cruiser piracy and I immediately support the deletion of every kind of weaponry on gates.

The pulses are there to discourage caps from camping there, to insta every trader at close range without any chance to get away.

And yes, they are damn annoying. :/

RE: Jump Gates - Lythrilux - 01-06-2015

(01-06-2015, 07:53 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: Forbid Cruiser piracy and I immediately support the deletion of every kind of weaponry on gates.
Pirating in a cruiser is inefficient because you can just thrust away.

I really want to see gate pulses nerfed massively.

RE: Jump Gates - Auriec - 01-06-2015

The current jump gates were originally designed to shift piracy spot focus from jumpgates to tradelanes. To do so, they were given weaker generic turrets and average pulse guns. Perhaps you should try piracy along the lanes and see if your own security improves by doing so.

Additionally, there are blind spots for the gates where no gate turret can shoot you (I think one is right above) or alternatively there are the tradelane rings to use as cover.

If I remember correctly, capital ship piracy near the gates was one of the reasons for those guns as well.

RE: Jump Gates - Wesker - 01-06-2015

(01-06-2015, 07:55 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:
(01-06-2015, 07:53 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: Forbid Cruiser piracy and I immediately support the deletion of every kind of weaponry on gates.
Pirating in a cruiser is inefficient because you can just thrust away.

I really want to see gate pulses nerfed massively.

I agree 200%

RE: Jump Gates - Wesker - 01-06-2015

(01-06-2015, 07:33 PM)Tutashkhia Wrote: I mustn't be the only one who is suffering from their turrets, right?

I do hope Jump Gate's firepower will be refused in the next update.

Edit: This is the wrong place for this thread, yes? Smile

It's stupid when I jump to another system and my shield bar is gone. They are way too OP.

RE: Jump Gates - Lythrilux - 01-06-2015

(01-06-2015, 07:56 PM)LordVipex Wrote: The current jump gates were originally designed to shift piracy spot focus from jumpgates to tradelanes. To do so, they were given weaker generic turrets and average pulse guns. Perhaps you should try piracy along the lanes and see if your own security improves by doing so.
I find that logic really silly to be honest. There was nothing wrong with piracy at gates: they were good piracy spots where traders could be caught and it generated a lot of activity. And people still pirated on lanes anyway - pirating at gates just gave them more choice and variety.
And pulse guns are too effective - gate hugging sucks balls.

(01-06-2015, 07:56 PM)LordVipex Wrote: If you still want to insist on staying near the gates, then you can always use the tradelanes as cover or find one of the various blind spots of the gate turrets.
Indeed you can, however it's not as effective as what we used to have. As evident in game, jump gates have a lot less piracy activity than what they used to have.

RE: Jump Gates - Tutashkhia - 01-06-2015

Quote:The current jump gates were originally designed to shift piracy spot focus from jumpgates to tradelanes. To do so, they were given weaker generic turrets and average pulse guns. Perhaps you should try piracy along the lanes and see if your own security improves by doing so.

Well, let me get things clear then. You miss one thing. I have nothing about the idea of shifting the piracy from jumpgates to tradelanes. But there's one huge problem. NPC. Too many of them start appearing to the same lane, launching mines and missiles which takes down the Trade Lane in 90% of times. And the biggest problem, Trade Lane Bug. When it's down and out-of-work, ships can still pass through it. I'm quite sure I'm not the only one having that problem.

So, it's like this: I can't pirate near Jump Gate. (I can, but it's really bad). When I stick near the trade lane, NPC breaks it down in no time. If the target isn't on scanner while TL is being destroyed, target passes through it. I've experienced 2 such traders today.

Edit: Just don't start the lectures about "how to be a successful pirate", please.

RE: Jump Gates - Highland Laddie - 01-06-2015

Quote:...And pulse guns are too effective...

At dropping shields...they still do no hull damage, which, for a GB or Cruiser, is nothing compared to a transport, or even a battle transport.

I'd rather have them, but I certainly don't want them nerfed to uselessness. Maybe dialed back a touch, but still able to make a gate-camper pay a little for his tactics.

RE: Jump Gates - Mirdynn - 01-06-2015

I actually agree with Highland Laddie here.